• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cartridge Display Board Ideas

MatthewMcD

Private
Minuteman
After spending the weekend reading through the thread on "Building the Perfect Reloading Room" I'd like to know if anyone has sample of their home-made cartridge display board. (I have seen the official Winchester and Remmington versions.) Just looking for some inspiration.

I have about 60 different cartridges in many different calibers, antique to modern, that I'd like to organize into "something that looks nice hanging on the wall". I have old .32 rimfire for a derringer and obsolete cartridges like 303 Savage that I'd like to get out of the plastic bags and up on the wall.

Thanks in advance!

Link
PXL_20210829_001503546.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MatthewMcD
Here is a pic of the two I did last year. I got a couple shadow boxes from Hobby Lobby, added a horizontal divider to the pistol/shotgun box, painted them and added LED strip lights. The cartridges are held in place with double sided tape.

Attachments

• 4EBD59F3-C6F7-4514-A114-C275DC3E65CA.jpeg
    4EBD59F3-C6F7-4514-A114-C275DC3E65CA.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 98
A lot of Artifact hunters display their finds in a display box called a Rikers (?) box. They look pretty good and are not terribly expensive.

I built a set of shelves that are about 48" X 36" that I display my collection on. I have probably 300 cartridges in my collection. Its not perfect and sometimes you cause an avalanche when trying to get one out to look at!

I don't know how to post pictures but I can text you one if you want to PM me a phone number.

IMG20211009103456_compress21.jpg

About 1/3 of my collection. Uses thin wire to attach them. One around the extractor groove and one around the neck. Twisted off at the back. Dremel with a 1mm drill bit to make a hole in the board.

Should really finish it off and mount it.

The hard part was making dud primers. I gave up half way thru and just used spent primers. I was originally getting a primer, prying the anvil out and removing the primer stuff, then seating it.

Dont do it. Not worth it imo.

Reactions: MatthewMcD
I built one with a metal Hornady sign as a background after I got a good deal on a few back when they did the fundraiser sale after a hurricane in Texas.

The new one on top and the old plastic one from Amazon on the bottom.

S2vO1rt.jpg

Make an new table top for your bench out of epoxy, set the rounds in the epoxy.

Reactions: Snaz