• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cartridges: Must haves

.54 Cal Musket. If you are out of ammo, you can always tackle a dopamine enraged, metamphetamine driven reloading party, melting the lead out of car batteries and formulating new gunpowder out of cleaning supplies and fertilizer.

Reactions: Dpp
Let’s see, what would I need?
.22lr
9mm
40 cal
10mm
.45 acp
6.8 spc
7x57
7mm mag
6mm creed
12 gauge
As far as my wife knows, this is the bare minimum for every man to own and therefore needed. I feel like I’m missing something, but I’m too lazy to walk to my safes and start digging through them.

I do have multiple guns in most of them. You always need a backup or 5.

The only rifle I’ve ever felt I needed was a 5.56 AR-15. I’ll add 12 ga and 22lr, but I’ve always had those, therefore never felt the need. A guy ought to have a handgun, any cartridge is fine. Complete the list with a high powered bolt gun of your choice. I think ammo availability importance is drastically overvalued.

I still think that any list without 12G or 20G is incomplete. A fistful of different shells provides more versatility than anything else in the firearms world when combined with the right scattergun, and "right" means anything from a cheap break-open O/U to a Benelli M4 with a RDS. Going from making a lot of tiny holes to one really big hole with nothing more than an ammo swap is kinda cool.

22LR plinking and birds
17 HMR varmints
204 pelt coyote hunting
308 protection/hunting
6.5 to .8mm doesn't matter 140-220 grain bullet at 2800 FPS or more.
375 H&H for things that weigh
500 Nitro for Elephants and Rhino

Must haves..

22LR, a shotgun of some sort (home defense), 9mm pistol, 223, 308. And an AK-47 or AR 15. If you have at least 3 of these, youre in decent shape. But having a 9mm, AK/AR, and a bolt action 308 and youre sitting on a goldmine. I need to get a 9mm.