• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case for transporting Swaro STX/BTX setup

Jbail1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Just acquired a swaro STX spotter with the 85 and 95mm objectives. I have the covered for each. Also have the Dugiscope adapter. I plan to get the BTX eyepiece soon as well.

So my question is, for folks with similar setups, what do you use to transport this stuff? Is there an appropriately sized Pelican or similar case?

Thanks

Just acquired a swaro STX spotter with the 85 and 95mm objectives. I have the covered for each. Also have the Dugiscope adapter. I plan to get the BTX eyepiece soon as well.

So my question is, for folks with similar setups, what do you use to transport this stuff? Is there an appropriately sized Pelican or similar case?

Thanks
I use a Pelican type case for my BigEyz made of Swaro 65 mm objectives. Has room to cut into foam for extra eyepieces.

Reactions: Geno C.
Marsupial has no plans to create a case that will support the 1.7 extender...still looking for a reasonable alternative before building my own.

Their 95mm Case for the STX is awesome, I just got back from a BC hunting trip and I drug that thing all over the place. Up/down mountains, through rivers, bumping along on a horse, dropped it in the rocks getting it out of the pack, etc. no issues with the glass inside whatsoever! Unless you are getting the 1.7 for the BTX I don't see why you would need it with the ATX or STX.

Yup...using the 1.7 ext. Just ordered this for it. Was half the price of the Swaro covers.

KO_SKUA_BTX.jpg

KO_SKUA_BTX_open.jpg

KO_SKUA_BTX_side.jpg

KO_SKUA_BTX_side_open.jpg

Ready for this month's No. AZ deer hunt. 200 buck or better! Finger's crossed!

i see my pics here just fine...dunno why you can't.

A4DE65B2-EB70-424D-ADE9-0B2318602D17.jpeg
I got a Pelican for my BTX 95 combo. And also fit the ME 1.7 extender

I have that very case. How tricky is it to shape the foam to fit just right? I have never done it. Any advice?
I didn’t do the cut out. I got the BTX combo and extender through SportOptics. Along with the case. And they did all the cut outs at no charge.

That case has the pluck foam so it is easier than actually cutting out. For the solid foam that has to be cut you just lay the object down, trace around it and then cut it out. A razor blade makes easy work out of it.

Don'e simple ones but this eyepiece is a challenge due to its shape.

If you have the same case as above with the pluck foam just look at the picture and count the squares to determine which ones to pull out.

I like to push mine down into the foam to make a mark and then work from there.

I have that very case. How tricky is it to shape the foam to fit just right? I have never done it. Any advice?
I have a new 1750 double gun case for my V22. It has pic-n-pluck so I layed my gun on the foam and used toothpicks to
map out my gun outline before I plucked anything. It was very simple but just a little slow. I have been using a pelican hard case for my guns since 1990 and have seen nothing as good as they are. Mine is heavy at 25 pounds empty, but it is protecting
over 5000.00 worth of gun, scope, tripod and magazines. I don't know when they did it but they upgraded the latches and added wheels to my case. I own 3 of the new style now.

Attachments

• DSC09941.JPG
    DSC09941.JPG
    463.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I use the 1750 as well for my rifles, the one below has the solid foam. I just pressed it down in the foam a bit then traced it with a sharpie. Used a razor blade to cut it out with. They are heavy but there is a lot of money invested inside of those guys you are trusting the airport baggage handlers with!

IMG_2281.jpg

Found a better case solution after picking up a 65mm objective off rokslide cheap. I re-purposed a 24" Savior bag. Just barely holds the 95mm and BTX w/ extender as well as extra objectives, tripod and head, etc all in one padded carry case. Perfect!

savior24pack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try these you can even buy a backpack harness and will hold tripod too. I used them for an str 80

I called that company, they don't make anything suitable for a BTX set-up like mine but the Savior bag is working fine one year later.

scopecase.JPG

scopecaseopen.JPG

I even have room for extra layers, tarp, my Helinox chair and other stuff I might want for glassing. 24" model is like fifty bucks on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
We carry the SKB line of cases. This is our most popular for the Swarovski system spotter. Waterproof, drop proof
The model is the 3i-2011-7b-c. The foam can be adjusted to whatever your needs are

Here is the link

Call me with any questions

Joel
516-217-1000

Attachments

• skb.jpg
    skb.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 50
  • skb1.jpg
    skb1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 46
Don't want a hard case for field use, they are awkward, sometimes noisy and often heavier. The Savior case works...but anytime I need an ATA rated case it's an SKB. Have a bunch of those.

CUSTOMCASE.jpg