• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case trimming services

Alabama556

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 15, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I have a bunch of 300 whisper cases that need to be trimmed and deburred (inside and outside). Does anybody know of a company that offers this service? I have 2 small kids and don't have time to do it by hand.

Thanks

Might be time for you to invest in a powered trimmer/chamfer/deburr tool (ie. Giraud).

Giraud. Pretty hard to screw up once you have it set up right and it will make a good "first job" for the kids. Seriously, if you do much shooting, you'll save money and time in the long run if you buy a Giraud.

Too bad the 308 shell holder / trimmer blade wouldn't work for this case? I'd do it for ya for some cash.

The WFT does not chamfer in/out, only trims which they do well and reasonably fast, a Giraud trims and chamfers in/out a case every 3-5 seconds, I could live without my Prometheus, life would suck but I could do it, I simply cannot live(reload) without my Giraud.

Thanks guys. I found somebody onnthevsite that can do it for me. I wish I could justify a giraud. Maybe one day. I don't think the whisper brass should stretch much shooting subsonic loads through a bolt action so maybe the cases I have will last a while.

Don't your kids sleep?

Just giving you crap. I trim after the kids and wife go to bed. Using a Rcbs trim pro with a 3-way head and it goes quick.