• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Caspian Recon frame for 2211

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
I just built up this dedicated frame for my 2211 .22lr conversion kit. It was an interesting experience. First 1911 I've built. (Well lower end at least.) Everything needed to be fit. Even the magwell was too tight for the mags to fit. (Not mainspring guide, but the actual frame's magwell.) Did a lot of contouring that most people might not notice.

Re: Caspian Recon frame for 2211

i built a 45 on the same caspian frame last year, i know the work that goes into them. Its fun for the first week you work on them, then goes down hill. I assume you went with new parts, everything is oversized and had be fit. Looks fun-- debating on doing the class 3 ???

Nice weapon

Everything was new parts except the hammer, sear and disconnect. I had those laying around from my MC operator. Put them on the side with the pins and the sear engagement looked good. They gave me consistent ignition so I decided what the heck. I was thinking of getting a Blue force Gear Vickers FCG at some point. Of course that might be a bummer since it took so much to get the thumb safety to fit and contoured. At least I have a buddy with Tig so I could fix it if I don't have enough material.

Oh yeah and I bought an old slide stop at the gunshow for like umm. 5 or 3 bucks. It was beat to hell, but I revived it. Mainly I wanted to use it to test a method of making the slide stop not have a huge amount of tension on it from the plunger. This was to make it function better with the weak magazine spring and the hold open feature of the magazine.

Here's a link to a pic of my slide stop mod.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/salmonaxe/2211_Slidestop.jpg

Tactical Solutions 2211. I can't exactly recommend it. It took a lot of tuning by itself in order to get it to function properly. I have one of the very earliest releases, and I know of another guy who isn't having many of the issues I had with mine. So maybe they fixed a bunch of things.

Coolest parts about the 2211 are the threaded barrel, picatiny rail with STI sights, 12-13rd mags and the last round slide lock of the mags.

That pistol looks great. Nice job.

Thank guys. Suppressor is a SWR Spectre. It's a rimfire can that is rated up to 5.7x28mm (22wmr and .17hmr also) All stainless with removable baffle stack. (K-baffles) Comes with the tool to remove both end caps and you can get a separate baffle stack pusher for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank guys. Suppressor is a SWR Spectre. It's a rimfire can that is rated up to 5.7x28mm (22wmr and .17hmr also) All stainless with removable baffle stack. (K-baffles) Comes with the tool to remove both end caps and you can get a separate baffle stack pusher for it. </div></div>

Thanks! I have 4 SWR cans (Warlock 22lr, Trident-9, GS-40 and HEMS-2 .45ACP), but I may have to get the Spectre too...

this really makes me appreciate the art of the 1911. the more i look at them the more i realize what a beautiful machine they are.

kudos

That is the most kick ass .22 pistol I've ever seen! I'm a machinist by trade and the quality of the craftsmanship that's gone into that gun looks 2nd to none. The fitment looks laser straight with good hard lines! I'd be damn proud to own it! Awesome Job!

Damn nice pistol indeed, shoots great aswell. Your lucky i handed it back and didn't run off with it, and your SPR when you were not lookin.