• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cast 168grn load data please

Breacherman

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2014
I recently started casting my own projectiles and am at a loss to find load data for 168 grain cast bullets. I was wondering if anybody knew a good load for it. Thanks

I assume you are looking for 308 data? There is some info in the Lee Manual. Most loads must be kept below 2000 fps to prevent leading and of course use a gas check.

One that I have used is 33.3 Varget under a TL312-160-2R dropped 168 sized to 309, tumble lubed. Clocked at 1980 fps and pretty fun to shoot.

If you are looking for a slower load, get some Trailboss and google some loads, you really cant mess up a Trailboss load. I do and would stay away from the Unique, red dot and stuff. I am not to keen on double charging a load. Thats just me.

My load can be validated in the Lee manual 2nd edition page 145.

I use the Lyman 311291 170 grain cast bullet in my 30-06, 30-40 Krag, 30-30 and 308 and found 17-18 grains of unique gave mr excellent accuracy.