• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cat shit in my flower bed

Really, so what you are trying to tell me is the local tree trimmer can back his truck up and dump his load and I can put it right in my beds?

Sure thing.

I would think twice about this. I was a Lineman for 35 years and I worked closely with tree trimmers for a lot of that time. The stuff that I have seen in their trucks is nothing like the mulch that you buy. Stringy limbs that didn't grind up, lots of leaves, large chunks that would not go through the chipper, their lunch wrappers and bottles and cans. I've had customers ask me to hook them up with a load and I've seen what gets dumped.

Not really telling you what to do, just warning a Bro that it may not be what you want.

Finding a place to dump this stuff can be a problem for them and if you see them working and talk to them they will gladly give you a few loads. Just beware.

Cinnamon works in flower beds and on bark. No joke. My cat shits in the neighbors grass like a dog now.

Reactions: Pbgt
I would think twice about this. I was a Lineman for 35 years and I worked closely with tree trimmers for a lot of that time. The stuff that I have seen in their trucks is nothing like the mulch that you buy. Stringy limbs that didn't grind up, lots of leaves, large chunks that would not go through the chipper, their lunch wrappers and bottles and cans. I've had customers ask me to hook them up with a load and I've seen what gets dumped.

Not really telling you what to do, just warning a Bro that it may not be what you want.

Finding a place to dump this stuff can be a problem for them and if you see them working and talk to them they will gladly give you a few loads. Just beware.
I was being a fatuous

Little squares of sponge soaked in bacon grease/pork fat.

Does the sponge thing really work? As in you have first hand knowledge of it actually working? Everything I read says it's a old wives tale.

I've even read articles on cat owners having to hide the sponge because their cat likes to shred and eat it. Not one mentioned the cat dying.

I will say that I'm usually a big animal lover, and also like animals more then people.

My wife will try and drive over any rattlesnake she sees on the road, yet I will swerve out of the way to miss them.

The older I get, the more and more I enjoy animals and nature. My property is full of all sorts of wildlife that I really love watching. Coyotes, bobcats, owls, hawks, Gila monsters, bats, birds, - I could go on and on. Inside the house I have a dog, 4 tortoises and a crested gecko. I want to get poison dart frogs and a saltwater reef tank.

Life just seems better with animals around. Feral cats used to bug me, they are pretty destructive. But since I've moved to the desert, you don't see feral cats around. They don't last long in the desert...
Coyotes?

Does the sponge thing really work? As in you have first hand knowledge of it actually working? Everything I read says it's a old wives tale.

I've even read articles on cat owners having to hide the sponge because their cat likes to shred and eat it. Not one mentioned the cat dying.

I don’t know for sure. You bring up a good point. We used to do it on our hunting land for coyotes and wild dogs. It would sure work on them. I made the assumption that a cat’s digestive system was similar. It may not be the same. They may be able to metabolize the grease/sponge better than a dog/coyote.

Guy I know uses foam packing peanuts covered in grease for yotes. Works well for him.

I always tell folks.....if you are on a gun forum and want to see who is on the other side of the screen...mention kill'in kitties....you just know that the person who gets all riled up is an ole'fucker, sitting in his 1974, 12x50 trailer, that wreaks of cat piss, and will tell you..."if you shoot my kitty I will"......!!!!

still seams a little petty , poo is poo , a bird shit on my grass and you know I think my grass liked it . urine would be another matter no one but me pee's in my tomato patch. then again house cat poo can't have a lot of nutrient in it there food has almost nothing in it if your cat eats mice and birds then maybe it good for top soil mice and rats are all worse for your garden than cats or dogs . lol

still seams a little petty , poo is poo , a bird shit on my grass and you know I think my grass liked it . urine would be another matter no one but me pee's in my tomato patch. then again house cat poo can't have a lot of nutrient in it there food has almost nothing in it if your cat eats mice and birds then maybe it good for top soil mice and rats are all worse for your garden than cats or dogs . lol

cat poo actually has a lot of parasites in it

Reactions: Statusquo
All this downtime(not for me, still working), anyone setting up a tripod, suppressed .22, thermal or nv and getting mittens or patches a good long dirt nap?

Reactions: Ravenworks
Let's not shoot or poison them, ok.

Clean it out and spray the area with citronella, lemongrass, orange or peppermint. They'll find a new place to shit.

Or plant cat nip and enjoy cracked out cats in your yard.
I wasn’t expecting that from you but agree 100%.

It seems to me that some cats are not too smart or have piss poor memories and need more than one lesson before they learn they are fucking up.

For instance, this AM when I got out of bed I looked out the window and saw Fluffy the Cat coming down the street, spraying and pissing here and there to let all of the other felines in his AO know who was who.
I thought to myself,"This cat isn't stupid enough to try my flowers again." but he was.
He gave me ample time while he was across the street to slide the window open a crack and grab my pellet pistol and pump it up 5 times and wait for him.

Sure as hell, tail high in the air, he headed for my flower bed again. I couldn't believe he was that stupid but he was, and I was ready.
I let him scratch out his hole and get poised and as soon as I saw the first turd emerging I let him have it, right in the ass. POW, right in his ass and then high gear reverse, he took off for across the street trailing turds all the way, kind of like he was in slow motion til the last one dropped in the street then he was in high gear headed home.

I could put some of these repellant things in or around the bed to keep him from coming back but I won't.

Quite frankly, Fluffy the Cat, you are providing this Old Fart with some entertainment and a break from being cooped up but, Fluffy, tomorrow or the next day you might get 6 pumps and see how that goes. He might change his mind as to where he wants to shit.

It seems to me that some cats are not too smart or have piss poor memories and need more than one lesson before they learn they are fucking up.

For instance, this AM when I got out of bed I looked out the window and saw Fluffy the Cat coming down the street, spraying and pissing here and there to let all of the other felines in his AO know who was who.
I thought to myself,"This cat isn't stupid enough to try my flowers again." but he was.
He gave me ample time while he was across the street to slide the window open a crack and grab my pellet pistol and pump it up 5 times and wait for him.

Sure as hell, tail high in the air, he headed for my flower bed again. I couldn't believe he was that stupid but he was, and I was ready.
I let him scratch out his hole and get poised and as soon as I saw the first turd emerging I let him have it, right in the ass. POW, right in his ass and then high gear reverse, he took off for across the street trailing turds all the way, kind of like he was in slow motion til the last one dropped in the street then he was in high gear headed home.

I could put some of these repellant things in or around the bed to keep him from coming back but I won't.

Quite frankly, Fluffy the Cat, you are providing this Old Fart with some entertainment and a break from being cooped up but, Fluffy, tomorrow or the next day you might get 6 pumps and see how that goes. He might change his mind as to where he wants to shit.

you need to stalk it and find where it lives

Entertainment is right. Rather than gradually increasing the number of pumps, how about some good 'ole Markanship ? Try dropping a new round on an old welt each time he shows up ? He doesn't expire and your entertainment continues ? Oui ? :unsure: :eek:;)

Reactions: Foul Mike
We have several outdoor cats in my area, and I don't mind them. I live in a rural area. We have mice, vols, ground squirrels, and various other rodents. The cats keep them at bay. Otherwise I would have rodents in my shed, garage, truck engine bay, etc. I don't give a shit about having a perfectly manicured, golf course lawn and garden.

I don't want to put anything under Fluffy's skin. I don't want to kill him, I just want him to quit fucking up my flowers, and I really do enjoy the fun for me, not so much for Fluffy.

On occasion, as I am tending my flowers, I will find a flat .177 pellet with cat fur in it and think to myself,"Fluffy, you are one stupid Motherfucker."

My old pellet pistol lets you crank up the power up to 10 pumps and that would go into him and I don't want that.

Thinking about those flat pellets that I find on the ground while tending my flower bed with cat fur in them I really do have to wonder about how bad that must have hurt?

It would not take me twice to know that hurt like hell and I do try to keep my shots on his ass end instead of his guts where the hide is not so thick.

My Squaw has a CO2 pellet pistol she wants me to use but that would put them inside of Fluffy and I don't want that. I need some control. She wants to kill the poor bastard and all he wants to do is take a shit.

I want him back for the 3rd. shot if he is stupid enough to try it again.

I do have 4 Lillies that have survived this onset of cat shit and I hope they bloom. I have lost at least 8. Fuck Fluffy and his ilk.

You need 1jo4 to be your guard dog! You could also wire up a temp 220 electric fence around your bed. Couple little shocks and that cat would learn to shit in his own bed!

Catch It and give it a shave.

a7da9ea630ea4b032a33fe7866a3c0e0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Statusquo
If I put an electric fence around, and I do have weed cutters at the farm, It would probably be me that got bit checking it out. BTDT
besides all of the wire going around.

No, I am going to hide out in my bedroom and hope for another shot some day or days down the road when Fluufy forgets what he learned.

He really is entertaining me and there isn't much else to do with every goddamit thing shut down

Come on Fluffy, FM awaits you and he is bored.

If I put an electric fence around, and I do have weed cutters at the farm, It would probably be me that got bit checking it out. BTDT
besides all of the wire going around.

No, I am going to hide out in my bedroom and hope for another shot some day or days down the road when Fluufy forgets what he learned.

He really is entertaining me and there isn't much else to do with every goddamit thing shut down

Come on Fluffy, FM awaits you and he is bored.
Bait ?.........(well, maybe that is crossin’ the line)
And, the anti’s are itchin for a fight. Don’t become a headline......

I don't need bait.

Fluffy knows where he wants to go,, and I am ready. Come on Fluffy. FM

It is about to be asparagus time, and maybe a few mushrooms too.

I will have my first meal sized harvest of asparagus of the year tomorrow. I covered some of the spears on Thur and Fri to protect them from the freeze. Still lost one about the size of my thumb. Jersey Giant makes some big spears.

I will have my first meal sized harvest of asparagus of the year tomorrow. I covered some of the spears on Thur and Fri to protect them from the freeze. Still lost one about the size of my thumb. Jersey Giant makes some big spears.
[/QUOT
I don't need bait.

Fluffy knows where he wants to go,, and I am ready. Come on Fluffy. FM

It is about to be asparagus time, and maybe a few mushrooms too.

Foul Mike,..........

I thank you for your service...........we have both ate some of the same dirt.

We have had some conversations about your problems with the neighborhood cats.........

Like I said before.........these animals are someone's pets, they're part of someones family...........

If they are shitting in your flowers...........try something to keep them away other than physically hurting them.

I am a cat owner, as well as a dog owner, and there are many ways to discourage an animal besides shooting it.

This entire thread is full of a bunch of bullshit people that don't care anything about companion animals.........

yes there are feral cats, as s well as dogs........is this the way you want your neighbors to treat any of your animals..........

I don't have a problem shooting any animal............do you know who your neighbor really is.................

Marinevet1 I damn sure know where this cat comes from, half a block west and half a block north, and yes, I have talked to them about the problem with no solution and Fluffy has flower beds in his own yard to fuck up as well as many along the way, but no, he has to come here and shit in my flowers and he has killed 2/3 of them, and those bulbs were not cheap. It is hard to get that type of flower to grow well in my area but I really like them.
I understand your concern as I have dogs, but they don't shit in other people's yards, they do it at home where I clean it up.
I care too much about my dogs to let them roam free like Fluffy does. When I walk them I clean up after them. I am what is called a responsible pet owner.

As I posted above, I don't pump the gun up to the max, 5 is enough, if I wanted to kill him I would give it 10 and change shot placement then Fluffy would never return and I don't want that. I don't want to kill the bastard I just don't want him fucking up my flower bed that I have invested so much time, effort, and money in over the years.

Were my dogs doing that to someone else's yard on a regular basis, I would think kindly of that neighbor if my dogs just came home with a welt on their ass instead of floating down the irrigation ditch, but would understand if that is where they ended up. I, at least, don't kill animals unless there is no other way to stop the problem. I will however educate them as best I can as to the error of their ways and Fluffy has seemed to learn something as he stayed on the other side of the street this morning and didn't shit in my flowers. Cats don't seem to learn too fast.

I don't think you understand the magnitude of my problem nor how long it has been going on before I knew of it. Had I known earlier I would have popped Fluffy in his ass a long time ago and maybe nipped it in the bud. Bad on my part.

I don't want to ruffle your feathers, but spring is here and it is time to plant gardens and other crops and take care of my livestock and calves and if Fluffy or any other animal destroys things I am growing or trying to grow to feed myself and others it will be 1 shot and DRT.

I did at least try to educate the feline. FM

I grabbed some thin cut flank steaks, and some Broccoli. I think I will use that asparagus in some beef and broccoli. I am going to have to go back to the store if I don't have brown sugar. It might have all went in the meat loaf the wife made the other day.

What kind of Lillies? I like to eat day lilies flowers. I put in some giant trumpet lilies this year. They are supposed to get up to 8ft tall and have 10-12" flowers when fully mature. I put some stargazer lilies in, and four or five different kinds of day lilies. When we bought the place it already had a bunch of the orange old style day lilies, like you see all over in the ditches in eastern KS.

I am going to go to our asparagus field tomorrow in the AM. It is about 3 1/2 acres now. If it is up I will get the new spring cutting where it is all sugar otherwise I will wait until the time is right, then get it.

My Squaw and or whoever goes along with me and I or the other run the Atomic asparagus cutter that is a 4ft. long steel bladed device I built about 20 years ago.
Lets you know how long we have been cultivating this patch.

One cuts and the other snaps it off and bags it up, then the trade off when your back gets tired. It does take 2 to tango but we fill the bag full.

Damn, I am ready for spring. Then off to where the mushrooms grow. You have to be a really good friend to go there and few get to go.
I hold that really close to the vest.

Our calves have for the most part done well but we have lost a few. That hurts and I need to do more shooting. Fuck those coyotes, they cut no slack and I give no quarter. FM

A lot of you have told stories or related experiences about pets coming onto your property. Well here is one of mine.

I often start my morning sitting in the garage door opening, enjoying the morning and drinking coffee. One morning I went back in to get a refill and when I came back out there was a fresh dog turd right next to my chair! I cleaned it up. A day to 2 later I was sitting there again and along comes this little ankle biter sniffing around in the drive and slowly making his way up to my garage. He sniffs around some and finally picks his spot and squats down. I mean he is 3 ft away from me and right in the middle of the doorway! I get up and stomp my foot and the little shit growled at me. He was about the size and shape of a football so I raired back and punted his ass! He flew all the way to the street, 30ft away. The peak of his trajectory was about 10ft and he didn't land really well. But he found a new place to shit!

Now before everybody jumps on me let me say that I kicked him with the inside of my foot, not with the toe. It probably hurt a little but the force was spread out along his side from the front shoulder all the way to the rear hip. I didn't want to break any ribs or cause any internal damage. I just wanted him to know who Alpha dog was!

I'm afraid I have another neighborhood cat thats about to get in trouble over the Wife's birds. But like FM said, it provides a little entertainment!

• Love
Reactions: Pbgt and Foul Mike
My patch just turned three. It only consists of about 30 or 40 crowns. I found a couple big patches on irrigation ditches last year, but this virus has stopped me from asking if I can pick some. One patch I saw runs about 40 acres down the side of a ditch, it didn't look like anybody took any last year. I found some trees I suspect will grow some kind of edible mushroom, you can eat more than once. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I don't know enough about mushrooms to be confident in eating what I find.

It was a warm dry winter, which I suspect is harder on things than many would suspect.