• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI 450's In-Stock?

Just picked up 2k CCI 450 and 5k CCI 500 locally. Shelf was plenty on other primer brands, as well (federal and winchest SRP, LRP). This was in SW WA.

I got 5k CCI 450 from Midway about 2 weeks ago. Was notified they were in stock about two weeks before that also, but they were sold out before i saw it.

Reactions: sleeplz
I've also found the MIdway notification system to be hit or miss. I try to remember to reset the notification every week or two.

Yikes! That is not what I wanted to hear.

Start looking up every gun shop/sporting goods within 150 miles lol...

I've found over 5k of primers that I've needed at various places within an hour of my house.

Reactions: TAMU20
Yep just keep scavenging around. Just pick up 2 CCI 400 OEM small rifle for $120 from a local guy looking to sell. Gun broker will make you broker. I saw just one box of these going for $150. Heck no on that.

I just received 50,000 of them a week ago, and received 30,000 6wks ago

they’re available but from what I’m noticing is they aren’t selling in small quantities

Attachments

• E19CE0E7-4F46-4803-9060-565662762189.jpeg
    E19CE0E7-4F46-4803-9060-565662762189.jpeg
    574.3 KB · Views: 89
Where have you been looking?
I have several distributors that supply me. Having a 06 FFL “manufacturer of ammo” helps get in with these companies. Granted when I buy 100,000 primers I’m also buying 50,000 bullets at premium prices. Everything at my supplies have gone up across the board, Covid & elections have caused mass increase in ammo & range sales/usage. Since March we’ve had record months of attendance and ammo. I only sell for range use and it’s is hard for us to keep stocked on the shelves with 12 Mark7 1050’s running (not all at the same time).

most of my suppliers now have a “no back order” policy and quote next year delivery dates. Luckily I’ve always had 10 case back orders with everything I need in ammo components and through this scare I’ll just get by to keep open the range. People don’t shoot if the don’t have ammo.

Because of their connections, try your local reloading shop- it's where I found mine (large rifle, tho).
All of the primers are going to the ammo manufacturers as mentioned. Until ammo demand dies down you're not likely to see them.

But hey, you can buy green tips from CTD for $2/round. I can't believe anyone buys anything from those assholes- every time there's a shortage, they price gouge. Fuck 'em.

Reactions: trophyhunter
I've got 300+ fireformed .260 AI cases that use SRP, and when I found some large primers in stock at a local place, I decided it was worth it to buy LRP brass and fireform it rather than wait around for more CCI 450 to show up. I've learned my lesson - from now on, in times of plenty, I'm going to just buy extra and grow a gradual stockpile of things I need.

Reactions: TAMU20 and I SHOOT
Because of their connections, try your local reloading shop- it's where I found mine (large rifle, tho).
All of the primers are going to the ammo manufacturers as mentioned. Until ammo demand dies down you're not likely to see them.

But hey, you can buy green tips from CTD for $2/round. I can't believe anyone buys anything from those assholes- every time there's a shortage, they price gouge. Fuck 'em.
My reloading shipments have been cut in half. Before I’d get small pistol primers in about 100k per order. Not I’m lucky to get 20k. So now I’ve ventured into buying from other sources but having to pay dearly for them. But if I don’t have ammo for my customers I don’t have range customers. So for me, it hurts two fold to not have components.

but hey, in the next administration reloading supplies should come back 🤔