• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI quiet vs subsonic help needed

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
CCI in 22lr has 2 segmented loads
Quiet segmented 710 fps & subsonic segmented 1050 fps.For hunting squirrels,raccoons & fox at 30-40 yards
Is there any difference on a quicker kill? Or at that short a distance does it not matter?I only ask because the quiets are quite a bit quieter and I dont have to worry as much about angry neighbors,velocitors and stingers are great but way too loud.
As always appreciate feedback

Assuming you are shooting suppressed the difference to you the shooter is apparent but to the neighbors it will all be quiet. It is like comparing dropping a pen on the floor of a library vs dropping an eraser.

I would say that the decision depends on the host. If you are shooting a semi auto the Quiets will not cycle the action.

Forgot to mention shooting non suppressed (I am in a communist state)wondering if the xtra 340 fps makes a difference on more damage and quicker,more ethical kill or at 30-40 yards does the xtra fps matter?

Haven’t tried the subsonic, but one match I grabbed the wrong ammo and at 100m ran out of elevation on my Marbles Tang sight on a Marlin 39 when shooting silhouettes. FWIW, I still have about half the threads left on the stem using CCI Standard Velocity.

I used the CCI Quiets on roosters and wasn’t impressed. A bit happier on results with the CCI Segmented. Shot through a 10-22 takedown rifle, EoTech sight or ir laser, suppressed and PVS-14. Anywhere from 20 feet to 25 yards. Body shots, center mass.

The CCI quiets are quieter than subsonic even without a can but coons at 40 yards might be pushing it.

The accuracy on the Quiets is far from impressive. SSHP is great stuff, and that bullet is extremely lethal. Big fan.

What's the deal in your area with pellet rifles? You can often buy those suppressed off the shelf, they aren't regulated as an NFA item I believe. That's probably the route I'd take in your shoes, if you can.

,more ethical kill or at 30-40 yards does the xtra fps matter?
I would go with standard velocity! Guaranteed flat shooter to 35 yds, the quiets not so much, I would assume? Tell the marxist neighbors to mind their own F'in business!!!
As far as the ethical kill.......your humanity is to be commended, but maybe a little misplaced???
All of the above mentioned vermin will do one or more of the following...................
-Eat your tomatoes
-Eat your chickens
-Eat your garbage, and make a BIG mess doing it
-Eat dead shit in your yard, or drag dead shit to your yard and then eat it
-Shit in your yard
To each his own, I would save the humanity for a donation to the poor bastards in Mississippi who got wiped out by the tornado Friday, screw the furry poachers!
Happy Sunday :cool::cool:😉😉