• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns CCW Holster Suggestions

JonnyHawes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Bluefield, WV
www.facebook.com
Some background information: I currently carry a S&W E Series Commander Bobtail 1911. Currently I'm using an Alessi PCH and I really love it, just looking for a different style/opinions. I had a Milt Sparks VMII and I could never get it to conceal right unless it was in the small of my back.

The only real complaint I have with my PCH is the loops are on the body of the gun, and therefore it's a bit thicker than the VMII style.

So what do you guys carry/suggest?

Re: CCW Holster Suggestions

I have problems with Kydex, does Raven make IWB holsters? I like to stay within that realm simply because I don't prefer a cover garment. I'm a big guy and adding clothes makes me overheat! Haha

Thanks boone. Kinda resembles the Crossbreed design? I had one of those a while back for another gun, and I liked it. Maybe Ill give them a try.

Anyone else?

There's a guy that posts here that I think owns a holster company. There's a link in his bio line. Can't find it in my browser history and I haven't been around here long enough to really remember handles yet. If I come across it, I'll post their name.

I wear a Tucker Texas Heritage holster and its by far the most comfortable holster that i have worn. it is all leather so getting the gun back in can be a slight chore if you are trying to do it quickly, but with practice it is not bad at all.

Tucker Gun Leather, Comp-Tac, Remora, Raven Concealment, White Hat, and N82 all make concealment products that are highly rated. I love my Comp-Tac Spartan but after hearing such positive reviews I just recently put in an order for both a Remora and a Raven Phantom holster.

Im interested in the Raven ever since rescueswimmer mentioned it.

I have a Crossbreed for my LCR and it hides fantastically. Im just not sure if that is the holster, or the size of the gun, or both.

Perhaps I am trying to hide too much gun?

All the hybrid designs are effective for concealment. As for trying to hide to much gun, no such thing when speaking of pistols. My everyday carry is a Springfield 1911A1 GI issue. And concealment isn't an issue with my normal attire. Concealment is about holster selection and style of dress not the pistol.

As for Raven Concealment, they are highly regarded. And I will be happy to do a review once my gets here. But if you don't want to wait I can point you to a couple companies with similar offerings and less of a wait.

Wait time and price have never been my issue (unless we are talking about Del Fatti and their $300 - 2 year wait haha). My biggest issue is that I don't want to purchase and wait on a holster that is not going to fit me/my dress style etc and have to sell it later. But I suppose that is part of the game, isn't it?

I would be very interested in your review of the Raven. I have read a few online but nothing that swayed me in either direction.

For IWB I use concealco holsters & OWB I use a high ride rig by Mernickle. I've tried many & these are my preferences.
R.

I have a Crossbreed for a Glock 27. I love it, very comfortable and people never know I'm wearing it.

I carry a bobtail in a Del Fatti holster. Its very comfortable. The holsters are of excellent quality, and the price reflects this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.fist-holsters.com/vm.html

Try here I have a number of FIST holsters that I have been using since 2004. I keep going back to them and I have tried many. </div></div>

I only have the one from FIST and can confirm its quality. If they were to work in horsehide instead of cowhide theirs would be truly incredible. As it is, they use some sort of excellent stiffening process for the leather.

No relation to large frame pistols*

I carry a Ruger LCP in a "pocket shot holster".

I don't carry all of the time, only at work, so I don't want to have to buy my trousers large enough to accomodate an IWB holster. I have 2 Don Hume holsters, one for a Glock 23 and one for a Kel-tec PF-9. Both have sweat guards and are as comfortable as possible and can be concealed with an untucked shirt or a light vest, which is what I use. The belts Hume makes are super strong, two layers of good leather and two sizes, narrower for dress pants and wider for jeans or work trousers. Products are well made, CS is good and prices are fair. Just my $0.02...