• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Central Virginia Tactical's Ed Shell

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
I just finished my second class with Ed. I'd gotten pretty rusty on LR shooting because I've been deployed most of the last year in Afghanistan. Still, Ed was patient with me as I shook off the rust and put some lead downrange.

Ed is now training as a part of Central Virginia Tactical, run by Vern Harrison. Ed's pretty well known in the Maryland shooting community. He's been incredibly easy to deal with and accommodating to my hectic schedule. Plus, he's only a 90 minute drive from DC so it's not a killer drive to get to the training site.

Enough of the talk, here's a pic from my final day of training.

1z1fkg4.jpg

These pics are of steel shot at 1135 yards with a 7WSM build I did with Robert Gradous. The group measures 4.5" center to center. I've never seen anyone call wind like Ed can. That's my next training goal: get better at calling wind. I'll certainly be signing up for another class when my schedule permits.

Re: Central Virginia Tactical's Ed Shell

Very nice group!!! Nice rifle too!!!

Ed is a great guy. I took a small trainup with him 2 years ago before ASC. Money well spent

Can't post a picture like that without telling us where your wind dope was....
nice shooting! Ed makes these types of hits easy, doesn't he!?!

If I remember correctly, I had .7L mils dialed on, center hold, left edge hold, center hold. Man, that was a hell of a good day shooting.

That school is really close to me so I really need to get off my 4th point of contact and go to the school. I have heard nothing but great things about it and I can stay at my house every night too another plus.

For the level of instruction, you can't beat the value of training with Ed if you live in WV, MD, or VA. Just down the road, and great training.

I drove down from MA to spend 3 days w/ Ed in June. Well worth the drive and the $$. Ed is an excellent instructor. Highly recommend him!

I actually took my wife down with me and we stayed at the Mayhurst Inn B&B. It's an old plantation house that was used by the Confederates during the many months spent in Orange, VA. My wife loved it. I highly recommend the Mayhurst.