• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cerakote Removal Question

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I have a bipod that has been Cerakoted and I need to remove it. Other than sand blasting is there any over the counter stripper that will effectively remove the Cerakote.
    TIA

Re: Cerakote Removal Question

we apply this and about the only way we know is to blast it... with alum oxide.... sorry no easy fix...

+1 AZ,I have tried acetone as well.Had to put it in the blast cabinet.

What grit are you using. I've got a barrel that needs re-coating. Will garnet media work?

Keith,
    Thanks for the reply. The Bipod is for a TRG 22 and was Cerakoted Tan. I want to have it redone in a color that as closely matches the original black color. I Kryloned it Black but I don't think it will hold up when the legs are rotated. If not i'll have to have it redone. Do you have an estimate how much it will cost. I am in Prescott. AZ so I am close to you.
    Thanks,
    Santo (Sam) Giunta

If you make the drive over I'll do it for just the cost of media usage and paint. Say $10
    Numbers 480-467-8090

I have company today and tomorrow, and am in school all week, but next Friday or Saturday would probably work if you can wait that long.