• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CG Jackson Trigger On A Quad

nwsnowbum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2008
Spokane, WA
I just picked up a Quad off of GB and will be doing the standard ditch the stock, barrel, and knob and build er up.

I was wondering if anyone has sprung for a CG Jackson trigger for their quad and what they think of them? I think I remember reading they can be set down to 10oz for the final pull.

I also notice that there is a guy in Kentucky servicing the stock Quad triggers and getting the pull down to 8oz for $40.

I know the CG is 2 stage and the stock is single stage. I'm trying to decide how closely I want to mimic my centerfire rifles that I'm building up (note I don't have CG on a functional rifle just yet) and if its worth the additional cost of the CG. The 2oz pull weight difference is negligible.

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Re: CG Jackson Trigger On A Quad

I have a CG getting put on my .260 at GAP right now. Thought about doing the CG but just couldnt justify another $300 for a trigger on a rimfire even though most of us have crazy amounts in our quads already. I did the 40 trigger job from Gun Broker and it has a clean 1.5 lb break. Im sure its not as nice as a CG, but its $260 less.

good luck getting a CG for a quad/finnfire anytime soon. Get the lighter spring for the trigger and polish it up a bit and it will be about as good as you can get. I have tried the 300 dollar jewel triggers on the sako's and for the money they just aren't worth it in my opinion.
Isaac

As I understand it the CG for the Quad/Finnfire is shipping.

The trigger is a standard unit (well the 700 version is slightly different) that mates to a series of rifle specific hangers.

I have one on a 700 and now it is set up correctly and it's top notch.

I recently chased on the promised Sako 75 mounting and was told this was not yet shipping (and may never..) but the rimfire version was shipping.

That said, unless you feel you have to have a 2 stage i'd just get the standard tweaked...

TC