• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Chamber mop stuck in bolt body

Clem

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2019
I'm probably the only idiot who's ever done this, but while cleaning the inside of my Tikka bolt body with a tight-fitting (now I know too tight) chamber mob, the brass part of the mop snapped off and I can't seem to get it out. Even slim profile needle nose pliers won't go in far enough to grab the brass nub that's left and pull it out. I've tried shooting compressed air in through the firing pin hole, but it's just too jammed in there. Anything that will fit through the firing pin hole is generally too small and fragile to push with enough force to get it out. My other thought was somehow dissolving the cotton mop, but it would seem that anything I do that with will also potentially ruin the bolt. Any thoughts on my big dumb F-up?

Make a wire hook. Lost a bristle brush in a VW oil galley like this once and after a couple hours of freaking out that's what I came up with that worked

My ex gf would be able to suck that out for you. I'll see if I can get ahold of her.
Arise dead thread.png