• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chea...err...affordable 1-6?

RichS

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2001
PG County Maryland
Hey all,
I'm looking at a LPVO for my Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. I have a Burris RT-6 on my RAR in 7.62x39 and it's great. Anyway, PA has their GLx 1-6 on sale for $399. The problem is, I find the reticles on the GLx to be "busy". That being said, I haven't heard any negatives about the new Gen IV SLx 1-6 and the Nova reticle. So, is the older GLx model with the "busy" reticle (both the Raptor and Griffin) THAT much of a better scope, that it would still be a slam-dunk to buy at $399, or has the new gen of SLx kind of "caught up"? Or, just get another RT-6?

Man I really like my griffin it's a 1-8 but if you don't like them I'd go for another rt6 that's what I has before the griffin

This is what I run on my Ruger Ranch in .300 BLK... Works awesome. Great glass for the price, and it's standard MIL stadia, so you can use it on something else later, if you want to, without being stuck with a 5.56 BDC reticle.

tempImagebgpdnw.png

Whenever these threads pop up the RT6 seems to be a top choice for price/performance. The only 1- scope I have is an older leupold one because I wanted to keep it as light as possible and it's 9oz.

That RT-6 is awfully hard to beat at that price point.

The combo package with the mount and red dot is the bomb. Burris blows those out.

Any similar to the slx nova that's non china? I like the reticle of the 1-6 slx nova. What would be something similar that's non china?

Hey all,
I'm looking at a LPVO for my Ruger American Ranch in 5.56. I have a Burris RT-6 on my RAR in 7.62x39 and it's great. Anyway, PA has their GLx 1-6 on sale for $399. The problem is, I find the reticles on the GLx to be "busy". That being said, I haven't heard any negatives about the new Gen IV SLx 1-6 and the Nova reticle. So, is the older GLx model with the "busy" reticle (both the Raptor and Griffin) THAT much of a better scope, that it would still be a slam-dunk to buy at $399, or has the new gen of SLx kind of "caught up"? Or, just get another RT-6?
The nova is a beautiful reticle because the horizontal stadia are set for 18" target widths at different distances and those correspond to generic 5.56 drop.

The burris rt6 reticle looks like it doesn't do that.

Also consider the Delta Hornet 1-6x24. I prefer the reticle options over the RT6 and the turrets match the reticles (minor issue, but it always bugged me about the RT6). The Hornet and RT6 are made in the Philippines.

Sightmark Pinnacle 1-6. Made by LOW in Japan. It's their older LPVO formula in FFP with a limited FOV compared to modern offerings. The red/green illumination is pretty neat.

I'm also considering moving my RT-6 over to my RAR in 5.56 and picking up one of the PA GlX 2x prisms (they're on sale) and putting that on the 7.62x39