• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors cheapest rifle that can successfully silenced

Trangieboy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2014
Looking for idea`s on what super cheap rifle i could use to make up a short range hunting rifle. Would need usable barrel twist to stabilize heavy slow pills.
303 has 1-10 twist apparently...
Any idea`s ???
Thanks,Mal.

Caliber depends on what you intend to hunt. What's your definition of cheap? What's your definition of short range? Does a cheap rifle imply that you are putting all your moolah into a silencer? What's your budget?

Deer,goats and hogs out to about 100yds max.
Silencer will have to be a home made copy of a good one.
Cheap,well who knows but not too many thousands. A single shot like the handi rifle would be fine.I see they are available in 300 blackout and 45-70 as well as others.
Mal.

Not sure where you are.
Be very careful about "homemade" suppressors.
Here in the states, that will get you a small room with a big roommate and three meals a day.

Not sure where you are.
Here in the states, that will get you a small room with a big roommate and three meals a day.

Yep same here unfortunately...

Not sure where you are.
All mine were home grown on Form 1's. My First paperwork for a can came back in 4 weeks using snail mail both ways,... but that was before many here were born.

The HR Handi mentioned earlier seems to fit your bill. It a single shot, but for deer hunting I rarely ever need a quick follow up. As mentioned earlier , when It comes to suppressed hunting SHOOTING SUBS, distance and velocity become a big factor. You basically become a cheating bow hunter , if you can wrap your mindset around that.

All mine were home grown on Form 1's. My First paperwork for a can came back in 4 weeks using snail mail both ways,... but that was before many here were born.

I should have been more specific.
Yes, you can manufacture your own, but you must play the uncles game, as stupid as it is.

Did J. Edgar sign your form 1???;>)

The HR Handi mentioned earlier seems to fit your bill. It a single shot, but for deer hunting I rarely ever need a quick follow up. As mentioned earlier , when It comes to suppressed hunting SHOOTING SUBS, distance and velocity become a big factor. You basically become a cheating bow hunter , if you can wrap your mindset around that.
Which caliber handi would you recommend ??