• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Check my Kit Choices DTNVG & MAWL C1+???

Once Russia accepts that they are in demographic decline and that we’ve forgotten about them they might come around. Like Iran they would be a natural ally under slightly changed circumstances. But yes China is the real enemy.

oh ya? well how do you feel about autogain?
I am a 100% manual gain person. I use it in a unique way.

Bridge 14's. Coti on Left Non Dominate eye gain wide open, dominate eye 14 gain turned way down to preserve complete natural night vision. This setup gives you the benefits of complete dual depth/brain happiness while affording some important advantages for your dominate eye. Complete ability to monitor ambient lighting conditions correctly etc etc.

Most people (not all, not all) would never understand or know what I am talking about because they are not running the type of system to be even able to even try it, thus understand the benefits.

Total package and total performance has to be looked at and understood from a 360 degree view.

• Angry
Reactions: TheHorta
Something cool about dual 14's is also the ability to run one with a tight pupil with max gain, and the other with open pupil and lowered gain. There's a BNVD dual gain that I'd like to check out.

China is who we should be worried about, not the Russians. I speculate the Russians will be our friend in the end.

I also used to speculate on some nice Flir 640 Boson units, so my speculation ain't exactly 100%. :cry:
Fact, it's always been about China and a Taiwan Straight shooting war is why we built and build the weapons we build.

Bridge 14's. Coti on Left Non Dominate eye gain wide open, dominate eye 14 gain turned way down to preserve complete natural night vision. This setup gives you the benefits of complete dual depth/brain happiness while affording some important advantages for your dominate eye. Complete ability to monitor ambient lighting conditions correctly etc etc.

Most people (not all, not all) would never understand or know what I am talking about because they are not running the type of system to be even able to even try it, thus understand the benefits.

Total package and total performance has to be looked at and understood from a 360 degree view.
So you would for the most part agree with the statement that Horta is in fact the commie. damn AutoGainer.

Something cool about dual 14's is also the ability to run one with a tight pupil with max gain, and the other with open pupil and lowered gain. There's a BNVD dual gain that I'd like to check out.

One of the many reasons I love manual gain.
I use my gain all the time.
I find I rarely like them full tilt boogie.
its totally a would rather have and not need it than need it and not have it situation.

So you would for the most part agree with the statement that Horta is in fact the commie. damn AutoGainer.

One of the many reasons I love manual gain.
I use my gain all the time.
I find I rarely like them full tilt boogie.
its totally a would rather have and not need it than need it and not have it situation.
so I never ran pupil caps on single gain binos because I didn't like that I had to restrict light on both, or suffer from differing brightness - my workaround was the steiner refocus lens, which I liked a lot, but refocus is a different effect than a deeper depth of field. Now that i've "downgraded" to dual 14's, I run a tighter pupil cap on one eye, and a steiner lens on other. I'd still rather have 31's cause they're lighter, but there's definitely a pro to dual gain knobs

Scum sucking pond slapping fag dagger whore slut beast baller douche hammer commie.

Well, I have never really understood what a "baller" really is so I don't know if I am a baller.

I have seen some guys that are considered "ballers" "cool kids" do some really dumb sh^t. But it is funny to watch. LOL

2.15 minutes in.

But I understand NV, Thermal and Night Hunting fairly well. :)

Last edited:
Ethers are nice and light, with an improved eyebox. It’s really the objectives that seem to make more of an impact. The custom RPO’s in my DTNVG give them that little extra push to make them really special. Not an epic difference, but also lighter and 1/4” shorter than .MIL objectives — which doesn’t *sound* like much, but looks and feels like more. Then the slight, but noticeable, added clarity and edge-to-edge distortion-free image is, at least to me, worth the extra coin. If I’m paying $10K for a set of world class binos, I’ll spend the extra $2-3K to push them over the top.

View attachment 7420225

Do you notice any additional light transmission through those lenses? Are they quoted to be any faster/higher light transmission? That's what I care about the most and am on the notify list for them. However if it's just a bit of edge sharpness, I'll drop my money on a filmless tube instead and get normal pvs-14 optics.

Do you notice any additional light transmission through those lenses? Are they quoted to be any faster/higher light transmission? That's what I care about the most and am on the notify list for them. However if it's just a bit of edge sharpness, I'll drop my money on a filmless tube instead and get normal pvs-14 optics.

The real problem is, I couldn’t compare side-by-side to tell. That said, I “feel” like I definitely notice a difference, and the claims of better light transmission seem legit, to me.

I honestly can’t say if it’s placebo or confirmed, but I lean toward the latter.

Since switching to dual Skeets last year, I haven’t used them much at all. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’v gone out with them in the few months I’ve had them with the RPO objectives. I was out with them last night looking for the bastarf who ran my dog down, because they’d be much better suited to the task of vehicle ID and spotting a specific type of damage, including any blood/fur. I was again blown away at how sharp the image was right to the extreme edge of the circle. Literally zero perceptible falloff in clarity. Seems like even with the best “Milspec” optics, you get 35* of decent image and 5* of variable mush. Not with these. You get the full 40* of eye-bleeding sharpness, with even illumination across the whole FOV as well.

• Angry
Reactions: matman1
The real problem is, I couldn’t compare side-by-side to tell. That said, I “feel” like I definitely notice a difference, and the claims of better light transmission seem legit, to me.

I honestly can’t say if it’s placebo or confirmed, but I lean toward the latter.

Since switching to dual Skeets last year, I haven’t used them much at all. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’v gone out with them in the few months I’ve had them with the RPO objectives. I was out with them last night looking for the bastarf who ran my dog down, because they’d be much better suited to the task of vehicle ID and spotting a specific type of damage, including any blood/fur. I was again blown away at how sharp the image was right to the extreme edge of the circle. Literally zero perceptible falloff in clarity. Seems like even with the best “Milspec” optics, you get 35* of decent image and 5* of variable mush. Not with these. You get the full 40* of eye-bleeding sharpness, with even illumination across the whole FOV as well.

WTF? What is wrong with people?

• Love

That’s good to know. If I recall correctly I was told that these should have ~11% better transmission. Is that what you were also told? If that’s the case I’ll wait for these instead of getting a filmless tube

Did your dog survive?

This is how an older, larger, slower, more Alabama-y John Wick story begins.

this guy better pay

• Love
If your willing to wait a couple of months, quite a few bnvd models are being released this fall. Dtnvs, redesigned NVD mini-b, noctis/carson bnvd. One thing to consider is dtnvgs come with milspec objectives. The NVD ul bnvds and assuming new mini b, and noctis bnvd come with light weight glass polymer glass. Our resident non-poor the horta has stated these glass seem optically superior to the milspec. You can of course get it retrofitted to a set of dtnvg like ether optics, but that supposedly add 3 grand on top...

After Waiting for a few months for my WP Dtnvg to show up, and requesting certain specs, my binos showed up.

They are phenomenal.

I've used a pvs31 issued to a current TACP, and these are equal to them in image quality.

I showed my spec sheet's to a couple of guys and they couldn't believe how fantastic they are.

I'd have no problem buying another or recommending TNVC or this set of binos ti anyone.

I would also think about whether or not you consider manual gain to be a critical feature, which BNVD's have.
I own a PVS 7,13,22 and 27.
They are all fantastic spec tubes.

My Dtnvg is automatic gain, a first for serious use. I've used them in every moon phase, cloud cover imaginable to date.

Where I live there is exactly zero light pollution, deep woods, and hollers everywhere, so it's really extra dark on a moonless, cloudy night.

The auto gain has worked perfectly each time and leaves nothing on the table, much to my surprise tbh.

A very pleasant surprise.

Reactions: mikefraz
After Waiting for a few months for my WP Dtnvg to show up, and requesting certain specs, my binos showed up.

They are phenomenal.

I've used a pvs31 issued to a current TACP, and these are equal to them in image quality.

I showed my spec sheet's to a couple of guys and they couldn't believe how fantastic they are.

I'd have no problem buying another or recommending TNVC or this set of binos ti anyone.
Thank you for the kind words Sir and your business.

Reactions: silentwoods

They are phenomenal.

what are those specs for reference on whats fantastic in their eyes.

Very very good for sure.

Posting specs isn't really smiled upon though.

Eliteuas was impressed, that says something I'd think.
I caught the biggest fish ever. I showed someone, they confirmed it was the biggest fish ever. I wont tell you how big. but trust me fantastic fish.
totally not a fish story.

if posting specs isnt smiled upon, than theres a whole lot of people not smiling around here.
4 of the posts on the first page of nightvision forums right now is directly about tube specs and how good peoples are w/ people stating their specs. (this statement obviously has time sensitive relevancy.)

Last edited:
I caught the biggest fish ever. I showed someone, they confirmed it was the biggest fish ever. I wont tell you how big. but trust me fantastic fish.
totally not a fish story.

if posting specs isnt smiled upon, than theres a whole lot of people not smiling around here.
4 of the posts on the first page of nightvision forums right now is directly about tube specs and how good peoples are w/ people stating their specs. (this statement obviously has time sensitive relevancy.)

You do you, 👍😘

I don't care enough to figure out what's OK with itar and what's not OK with itar.

As far as shit already being posted on the internet so it must be okay,,, good luck with that theory. It'll get you far for sure.

I'd wager that anybody who calls a manufacturer and asks can get very specific, re: real time numbers. Considering that they change from shipment to shipment it's probably the more prudent thing to do.

I'll keep my big fish, it's a good one. 👍

Last edited:
You do you, 👍😘

I don't care enough to figure out what's OK with itar and what's not OK with itar.

As far as shit already being posted on the internet so it must be okay,,, good luck with that theory. It'll get you far for sure.

I'd wager that anybody who calls a manufacturer and asks can get very specific, re: real time numbers. Considering that they change from shipment to shipment it's probably the more prudent thing to do.

I'll keep my big fish, it's a good one. 👍
ha right. but if you were to read a few of those posts you would know exactly what you can and cant post on the internet. instead of claiming lazy ignorance.
I didnt join snipershide to call the manufacturer. but they do chime in quite a bit on these posts. I just also like to hear what other people are getting. We keep hearing better and better tubes are coming. I like information. so i ask.
I will absolutely do me, thats what i do. thanks for the permission?
Enjoy your 1800 fom tubes. ;) (y)

Reactions: mikefraz
ha right. but if you were to read a few of those posts you would know exactly what you can and cant post on the internet. instead of claiming lazy ignorance.
I didnt join snipershide to call the manufacturer. but they do chime in quite a bit on these posts. I just also like to hear what other people are getting. We keep hearing better and better tubes are coming. I like information. so i ask.
I will absolutely do me, thats what i do. thanks for the permission?
Enjoy your 1800 fom tubes. ;) (y)

Nice try.👍

Great job confirming my suspicions.

• Haha
Reactions: NateSavannah
China is who we should be worried about, not the Russians. I speculate the Russians will be our friend in the end.

I also used to speculate on some nice Flir 640 Boson units, so my speculation ain't exactly 100%. :cry:

Some people who cry about buying Russian gear do not hesitate to buy all the cheap Chinese shit they can get.

This....just amazes me.

What you have listed would suite you well. If you want the latest and greatest wait for the DTNVS with features like IP stops and lighter weight it might be worth it for you.

Dont forget to factor in your helmet, and mount. Depending on what you decide on that could reach $2k.

You keep your civ power APTIAL or whatever and when the russians attempt beach landings, i'll be shooting them and you'll be wondering why the FDA regulates the power of lasers. Good luck loser.

Most people's values are owning the right equipment, and yes, I will gladly pay some russian L3 1000 dollars for a high power laser because US L3 won't sell one to me - the spirit of the second amendment borderline demands it. If you bought a gray market used la5, you have no warranty and did nothing to support the american company - not to mention the LA5 is made of plastic and breaks. If you have a stolen one you supported theft from taxpayers. If you were able to make an agency purchase as a cop, you participated in a program that infringes on the second amendment (only special people get good weapon aiming devices!!). Pick your poison. The most american option is the one that forces a free market to innovate. It sounds like your only value is fudd-ism.

lol is it really theft from taxpayers if we bought it???

Very very good for sure.

Posting specs isn't really smiled upon though.

Eliteuas was impressed, that says something I'd think.

But seriously, would appreciate if you posted say the SNR, EBI, photo sensitivity. Since you have a direct comparison to other devices. It'd cool if you contributed to the knowledge pool instead of sounding all secret squirrel and somewhat like a vendor ad. Unless you got ether eye pieces, I assume its just regular 14 milspec optics on your DTNVGs.

Reactions: NateSavannah
But seriously, would appreciate if you posted say the SNR, EBI, photo sensitivity. Since you have a direct comparison to other devices. It'd cool if you contributed to the knowledge pool instead of sounding all secret squirrel and somewhat like a vendor ad. Unless you got ether eye pieces, I assume its just regular 14 milspec optics on your DTNVGs.
ha, Ive got ether eye pieces, and i still would like to know those specs. I mean not just his specifically. I like to know for comparisons sake. and any number of other reasons. Just like Vic said in another post L3 is figuring out ways to get these tubes better and better. I like to keep tabs on when better gets here. Got a project in the planning phase that could use a really good tube.