• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheekpieces

Todds69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2010
Northern Indiana
I am looking at a McMillian A5 for a Rem700SA Project. I noticed the Integral Cheekpiece and the Saddle Cheekpiece offered as a option and was wondering if anyone can tell me the purpose, pros/cons vs. one style over the other. Is it money well spent or is it better to get a aftermarket pad or make my own. Thanks

Re: Cheekpieces

As with most things, budget and needs dictates what you get.

Factory installations offer ease, quality, and a warranty. Do it yourself is always an option. Just make sure you have the money back up your work in case it goes wrong. Simple. When in doubt, I prefer to spend my money once.

Search the threads for various opinions, there are alot of them.

Re: Cheekpieces

look at karsten, look at KMW's loggerhead too. if you have the tools and skills, DIY is the way to go, but there is something to be said for just paying for it from the factory.

the saddles look like the might snag on stuff, but the gap in the adjustable cheek piece could catch stuff. you can always test your fiberglass skills and build up the comb with dense foam, shave to fit and glass the whole thing then refinish. fiberglass is easy to work with. look at a few car audio mags and the stuff they do is amazing