• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

China Virus, Protests, and Business

101stinfantry

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    AR
    Guys, I'm not sure I'll even be able to follow this thread much. I work in a tourism related industry in the south. We have been covered the fuck up, I don't have time to even wipe my ass. I haven't seen shit like this since the early 2000's, and every business owner I've talked to has been seeing the same thing. Now don't get me wrong, I'm loving the money, but damn, I do need a half day now and then to mow the fucking yard! You guys seeing the same thing? Masks? These rednecks don't give 2 shits about masks, and social distancing! Most of them are probably making more than me on the $600+ unemployment anyway.

I'll give you a bit of perspective, this past week in '19 we rented around 650 rafts for float trips, this year we are well over 1k. If nothing else, it's letting me know I'm not getting any younger, lol!

Reactions: oneshot86
    We are running "from can-to-can't" here in Central AL. Never seen numbers like these, and go home every night almost wanting someone to just hit me in the head with a sledgehammer and knock me completely out. Then have to turn around and face it all over again the next day.

I haven’t missed a day of work yet since this bullshit started. I’ve been working my ass off since, hell, since I can’t even remember. I had big plans this spring, yard work, painting, moving my reloading bench inside, setting up a Lapidary bench outside. I got nothing done. Now it’s just about too hot to do anything outside.

Reactions: Aries256
    Sweating my ass off in this southern heat every day the storms don’t hit. Business has been good!

Reactions: vh20
    I haven’t missed a day of work yet since this bullshit started. I’ve been working my ass off since, hell, since I can’t even remember. I had big plans this spring, yard work, painting, moving my reloading bench inside, setting up a Lapidary bench outside. I got nothing done. Now it’s just about too hot to do anything outside.
    You’re the one who wanted to know about my rock saw a few months ago, right? I lost that thread, but didn’t forget. I’ll get pics this weekend. This is going to be my first two day weekend in three months, I know the pain as well...

You’re the one who wanted to know about my rock saw a few months ago, right? I lost that thread, but didn’t forget. I’ll get pics this weekend. This is going to be my first two day weekend in three months, I know the pain as well...
    That probably was me. I’m about to buy a cabbing machine so I can do my Lapidary work at home. I have a 6” trim saw, but no slab saw. One day though. My wife just doesn’t know it yet. 😄

Reactions: Redmanss
    My business in NYC remains closed. Originally we were in the last phase of the re-opening plan - phase 4. The city is currently in phase 2. In the last two weeks, the Governor has excluded us from the phase 4 group, and has provided no indication as to when we might be allowed to open or under what circumstances, even if we make it to phase 4 as a state.

If I open and say fuck it, the police will arrive and fine me $1000-$5000, and I'm at risk of losing the permits I need to remain in business.

Yesterday there was a protest down the street - no fines for any of those folks.

Entering the 5th month of shutdown - have survived by going virtual, but the lack of any communication, effective leadership, or consistency in enforcement has been frustrating.

My wife has been a trooper not a single day off in the last 4 weeks! I did get to go fishing for a couple hours last tuesday. Now the 4th is on us, and it's looking like a nice profitable kick in the nuts. I guess I'll take it, need more ammo, and all that.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
    I was right, it's gonna be busy as hell. I'm almost hoping those damn kids go back to school soon, shit I ain't a spring chicken anymore, LOL!