• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHPWS RMR plates are JUNK and their customer service is just as bad

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I purchased two of their Sig M17/M18 plates and attempted to install them today.

The first issues was the rear sight which they sell and supplied and the plate is supposed to be cut for. The angle of the dovetails are significantly different. I've installed hundreds of sight sets and I fit every set, never have I had to profile the dovetail to match... So we got that done. I decided the sights needed to be installed first because tapping them in with the two little screws holding the plate to the gun would have been a very stupid idea.

Next issue was the threaded holes that the holes down screws thread in. No go. My guess is they didn't use an H tap to account for the thickness of the anodizing. I chased one with a tap thinking it may just be a burr left in there and you can see that it removed the anodizing so this is where I stopped because no way will the threads have enough strength with no anodizing. If you look at the pics you'll see that the threads aren't clean either, you can see that they're actually raised up from the plate. Completely shit machining.

So then onto the threaded bosses that pass up through the plates for the RMR to thread to. One of the plates still have huge burrs inside of it. Like REALLY bad, they were not drilled clean at all. Even the one that doesn't have burrs still is too tight. Of the 4 posts included, one will sort of fit and its very tight, when you do get it inserted it won't seat because they relief in the bottom of the plate is out of spec for them.

You can also look at the pics of the two together and see some serious QC issues between them.

So I texted the number that they text you from after you order and got a response from Buck a little bit later. At first he completely ignored the shit machining and issues with the posts and threads and only addressed the sights. Yeah no shit sights have to be fit. He finally sort of addressed the other issues but basically just told me that I don't know what I'm doing and that they won't let me return them for a refund because I fit the sights. So he's denying it because I fit the sights, which needed to be done before installing the plates and the plates can't even be installed because the machining is shit.

So almost $300 spent on junk that isn't even workable and that's their response. I'd think really damn hard before spending any money with this company.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lowspeed_highdrag
    I stand behind all the comments above. As you read through the message, we repeatedly attempt to help him, offer to replace the part and even install his sights and plate, even though he's installed "hundreds" of sets of sights.
    Since we don't have the parts here to inspect and he refused to send them to us, we can't yet tell you "the rest of the story". More to come.
    We stand behind our products, we stand behind our customers unless they make irrational demands and act like a short-tempered deva.
    Buck - Owner of CHPWS

I’ve heard good things about you guys. I didn’t see any indication of having bad customer service. I don’t think anyone would expect a company to replace or warranty something that was tampered with.

Reactions: rsantiago8541
    I stand behind all the comments above. As you read through the message, we repeatedly attempt to help him, offer to replace the part and even install his sights and plate, even though he's installed "hundreds" of sets of sights.
    Since we don't have the parts here to inspect and he refused to send them to us, we can't yet tell you "the rest of the story". More to come.
    We stand behind our products, we stand behind our customers unless they make irrational demands and act like a short-tempered deva.
    Buck - Owner of CHPWS

I laid out the issues with your product and sent pics to back up the problems and I asked for a return label and refund. You completely ignored the issues with your plate and only addressed the sight fitment. You denied me because I fit the sights, yes I did because it needed to be done before installing the plate. I set the plates in place on the slides to make sure they fit and figured it would be good to go. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you had the competence to machine your parts so when it fit the slide (your tolerances vs Sigs) and it fit I didn't think it would be an issue so I fit the sights. I'm not wanting a refund because I had to fit the sights, I'm wanting a refund because you're product is a POS.

Damn right I'm not going to send you my slides to fuck up when you lack the competence to properly machine your own stuff. Ray Charles could look at those pics and see how fucked up the machining is on the plates. I mean you couldn't even use the proper tap to allow the clearance for anodizing, or allow clearance in the holes for the posts, but the install issues are my fault? You're something else Buck.

Call me what you want but when you sell me almost $300 worth of unusable junk and tell me to get fucked then I sure hope you didn't expect me to drop to my knees and suck your dick.

The products that I received from you are pieces of shit and the quality of your customer service matches the products.

Your "boomsquad" nonsense and the products being the business cards are customers the brand ambassadors is hilarious. If these plates are your business cards then your business card is essentially your info written on a piece of used toilet paper.

I’ve heard good things about you guys. I didn’t see any indication of having bad customer service. I don’t think anyone would expect a company to replace or warranty something that was tampered with.

Did you look at the pics? The plate is out of spec.

1. The bosses/posts cannot be inserted because the holes are out of specs AND have large burrs in them that have been anodized over. The one boss that will install won't even fit into the relief for it because it too is out of spec.

2. The threaded holes are out of spec because they did not use an H tap and allow for the thickness of the anodizing. Therefor the screws which they supplied won't even thread into the plate. The holes are also raised as you can see in the pics like a ruptured asshole.

They only "tampering" to the plates was chasing one of the 4 threaded holes because I thought it might be a burr preventing it from threading in. When I saw it removed the anodizing I stopped at that one, which also proves that they didn't used the proper tap to allow for the thickness.

So tell me how anything I did has anything to do with the plates being out of spec? I'll wait...

Reactions: kingston
    Sorry to hear about your plate adapter escapade.
    My experience witha C&H plate could not have been more different.
    Just this week I received a C&H Leupold Delta Point Pro adapter plate for this S&W Performance Center M2.0 C.O.R.E. model. S&W has 7 polymer adapter plates to fit a matrix of red dot optics, my luck the one I required #6 wasn't included in the new factory packaging; their customer service sent one to me within several days. Meanwhile I had ordered the Leupold steel adapter plate which is nicely machined but was designed for the M1.0 C.O.R.E. that has a milled slide 1.92" OAL. I found C&H on the web and ordered one; my appeared nicely machined and was 1/3 the thickness of the Leupold and had the correct updated 1.97" OAL adapter length; it only required a light hammer tap to seat the adapter about the forward circular mortise. S&W sends a variety of hex button head 6-32 screws to fit the various common optics; the Leupold factory torx screws are metric; C&H had 6-32 screws with hex heads. The slide optic mounting sites are tapped thru the entire thickness of the slide which allows maximum thread length engagement. I elected to use
    counter sunk torx plus heads as the optic has been machined to accept that style of fastener and they are much less likely to be stripped than hex heads when tightening or loosening after applying blue Loctite and 22-25 in-lbs of torque. To address the slight difference in major diameter of the holes in the optic housing I fit a proper length section of marine grade shrink tubing (not heated) about the 6-32 screws to disallow any possibility of movement within the housing.

I mounted a Delta Point on this V-TAC P320 that had a factory milled slide with metric threading to accept factory screws.

In the Internet era it's said that if someone likes a product they will tell a friend however if they are disappointed with a product they will tell the world!

IMG_6514 copy.jpg
    IMG_6513 copy.jpg
    IMG_6507 copy.jpg
    IMG_6476 copy.jpg
    IMG_6472 copy.jpg
    IMG_6471 copy.jpg
    Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5077 copy 2.jpg

Well if you get it figured out the bobro plates rock. Ive installed 5 now and havnt had any problems. .375 front sight of your choice from dawson and your done

In the Internet era it's said that if someone likes a product they will tell a friend however if they are disappointed with a product they will tell the world!
    That is true. However, in the internet era it’s also known that a poor reactionary response to a customer problem with your product can bring on a whole world of hurt. It doesn’t take a master machinist to see that there are real problems with the product that the OP received. Buck should check his ego and take a good look at what sometimes happens, even in a good shop.

Well if you get it figured out the bobro plates rock. Ive installed 5 now and havnt had any problems. .375 front sight of your choice from dawson and your done

Someone on another forum warned me of some issues with the CHPWS and recommended the Bobro too as did others but it's out of stock and they don't do backorders. I actually liked the design of the CHPWS more how it hooks under the dovetail in the slide like the factory sight plate does. I had concerns about the two very small screws only engaging a few threads but I talked to Beau at CHPWS and he said there had been no issues with the threads failing and that a few people broke screws at the heads but no thread issues.

That is true. However, in the internet era it’s also known that a poor reactionary response to a customer problem with your product can bring on a whole world of hurt. It doesn’t take a master machinist to see that there are real problems with the product that the OP received. Buck should check his ego and take a good look at what sometimes happens, even in a good shop.

I'm not one to trash a company because I got a defective product as long as it's taken care of. Considering the issues and the fact that I bought not one but two plates and they both have issues with the tolerances and/or clearances of their own hardware that they supply and just how shitty the machining is in general (those "punched" threads and machining around the lugs are whack), I didn't want a replacement and no way would I send them my slides after seeing the quality of their plates. Shit happens and I wanted my money back and I don't feel that it's in any way unreasonable.

Tell me to get fucked though when I spent my money on your defective products and act like an asshole then I will gladly make it known.

I have worked in a number of machine shops throughout my career. In my opinion, only from looking at the pictures of course, those parts definitely appear to have their fair share of issues. As far as the threaded holes go, I wonder if the company that anodized the plates put to much plating on the parts making the threaded holes small.

I’m thinking that the one plate must have been cut by a beaver before they got a CNC. I’m sure all that fucked up machining UNDER the anodizing is my fault though from fitting the Dawson sights that are a completely separate part.

Here’s some better shots that shows the puckered threaded holes, the fucked up lug on the one, and also the rear on the one is super jacked under the anodizing which I hadn’t even mentioned since it was purely cosmetic.

Reactions: Aescobar17
    I didn’t even know Borbo makes optics plates. I may have to go that route if I stick with the RMR instead of buying an ACRO when the gen 2 comes out.

Very simple,give him a chance to man up and either give you your money back or new product.

Then if all else fails charge it back through the credit card company.

Buck, that's some pretty fucking ugly machine work,seriously.

Tried that first, read the texts in the first reply to the thread. I laid out the issues and asked for a return label and refund, that’s all I wanted was for them to take the bad product back and refund me. He told me to get fucked because he was too arrogant to look at the pics I sent too and realize his shots fucked up so this thread happened.

I tried to be reasonable but there’s no reasoning with someone that can’t own their mistakes.

Reactions: Aescobar17
    Yea the machine work on the one on the left looks pretty rough.

I looked past it because cosmetics don’t bother me too much, even though something shouldn’t looks like that. Thinking about it though I bet those raise edges would cause an issue with sealing and moisture on the optic.

Thats the same one that has the burrs in the holes for the threaded posts.

Surprisingly though the puckered threads are worse on the cosmetically better plate. I guess they just have that process running too fast and deforming the plates.

I looked past it because cosmetics don’t bother me too much, even though something shouldn’t looks like that. Thinking about it though I bet those raise edges would cause an issue with sealing and moisture on the optic.

Thats the same one that has the burrs in the holes for the threaded posts.

Surprisingly though the puckered threads are worse on the cosmetically better plate. I guess they just have that process running too fast and deforming the plates.
    I am not in the same universe as a real machinist, but eveN I went Wow looking at that stuff.

Rough, rough, rough.

Also, I was a PM for major core telecom network Infrastructure manf and I had some extraordinarily hostile and rude customers. It was NEVER acceptable for me to be hostile or rude in return. NEVER no matter the provocation.

I don’t know that I will ever need anything that Buck makes, but if I do I will go to another source simply based on his inappropriate response.

I got paid to suck that shit up and so is he.

Last edited:
    In another interesting plot twist regarding the Rear sights, fitment, Buck Holly’s incompetence, etc I remembered why I called them the first time to inquire and spoke to Beau his son. I wanted to know if the suppressor height sig sights that they sell and say are for this plate are correct because the product page for the plate said it was cut for a Glock. I was also inquiring about stock and ETA because the webpage showed them back ordered, Beau said they were in stock and he would fix that. Well over a week later when I ordered them he still hadn’t but I ordered them and they shipped them.

So you will notice on their product page Here for the plate that in the description it clearly states its cut for a GLOCK dovetail and even links the correct 10-8 rear sight to purchase. I will post screenshots below as well just in case they delete that.

Why these morons cut a SIG for GLOCK sights is beyond me, but it got me to thinking and in the first pic below you will see a Glock rear sight in the dovetail. The angle is PERFECT unlike with the Sigs.

Here you will see their product page for the suppressor height sights that they sell to work in conjunction with the plate, the same sights that I raised the question with to Beau whether they would work. In the description it doesn’t say whether or not it’s a Glock or Sig rear but if you scroll down to the pics below you will see their own pic (which I have also screenshot and will post below) that clearly shows the Dawson rear sight marks as being for a Sig. The packaging I received was the same as you can see in the second pic below.

So they can’t even get the sight right, or if Dawson fucked it up couldn’t even figure it out. It’s clearly the wrong sight and wrong dovetail profile, and somehow that is my fault too after I explicitly inquired about the error on their site which actually doesn’t seem to be an error at all. They simply cut the dovetail for a Glock like the incompetent people they are and then spec and supply a completely different sight.

The pics don’t lie....

Screenshots of their plate product page showing the Glock spec sight:

Screenshot of their page for the suppressor sights saying they’re for their plate and also the pic of the clearly Sig marked Dawson packaging:

If you had the M17, did you think about going with the original DPP and the optional rear sight for the DPP that was the original production configuration design?

If you had the M17, did you think about going with the original DPP and the optional rear sight for the DPP that was the original production configuration design?

I did, I opted for the RMR because they’re more reliable, don’t emit light out the front, work better with NV, and have better illumination controls.

Thanks for contacting us again. All I can say is wow. If you've truly installed hundreds of sets of sights in the past as you claim, wouldn't such a skilled gunsmith know the difference between a GLOCK and a SIG dovetail? Yes, the new front sight you need is a SIG front sight since that cut doesn't change. The rear is made to fit a GLOCK since its the most common rear sight and we even tell you which one to purchase since it was designed with Hilton at 10-8 Performance. Then, you admit you called the shop and were told what sights to use and you still managed to mess it up. Why wouldn't a rational person call the mnfr when he or she first encouraged a problem before they went to filing and hacking on a dovetail? We've repeatedly attempt to assist you but at this point it appears you are only in this to create a purse fight on the internet to bolster your position with a few friends. Do we make mistakes at times - yes and we willingly admit to it and fix it. Do we assist customers when they mess up - All the time. Do we roll over for customers that make unreasonable demands after they mess up - Absolutely not. All you'd have to do is call, say "I'm sorry I messed up" and we'll gladly help you out. Our offer still stands, we stand behind our products, we stand behind out customer service. Send in your stuff and we'll replace whatever needs to be replaced or repaired.
    Buck - Owner CHPWS

Just got this text from him.... I raise question about the sight compatibility and what they state on their own fucking sight, I call and inquire and ask his son who assures me those sights are correct despite what their website says and this is the response I got. You literally cannot make this up, this guy is a giant piece is shit.

Thanks for contacting us again. All I can say is wow. If you've truly installed hundreds of sets of sights in the past as you claim, wouldn't such a skilled gunsmith know the difference between a GLOCK and a SIG dovetail? Yes, the new front sight you need is a SIG front sight since that cut doesn't change. The rear is made to fit a GLOCK since its the most common rear sight and we even tell you which one to purchase since it was designed with Hilton at 10-8 Performance. Then, you admit you called the shop and were told what sights to use and you still managed to mess it up. Why wouldn't a rational person call the mnfr when he or she first encouraged a problem before they went to filing and hacking on a dovetail? We've repeatedly attempt to assist you but at this point it appears you are only in this to create a purse fight on the internet to bolster your position with a few friends. Do we make mistakes at times - yes and we willingly admit to it and fix it. Do we assist customers when they mess up - All the time. Do we roll over for customers that make unreasonable demands after they mess up - Absolutely not. All you'd have to do is call, say "I'm sorry I messed up" and we'll gladly help you out. Our offer still stands, we stand behind our products, we stand behind out customer service. Send in your stuff and we'll replace whatever needs to be replaced or repaired.
    Buck - Owner CHPWS

this thread has not gone in a good way for you. Should have just given the man his money back for parts machined by a beaver

Buck - Owner CHPWS

LOL you're literally contradicting your own website information, the information provided by your son the "sales manager", and just further demonsrating your epic level of incompetence to run a business.

YOUR OWN WEBSITE PAGE SAYS THOSE SIGHTS ARE FOR THAT DOVETAIL AND EVEN HAS A PICTURE SHOWING ITS A SIG CUT SIGHT.

You're too damn arrogant and egotistical to recognize and admit your mistakes here and are willing to harm your business over not even $300. None of this would have been known outside of you and me had you just accepted my return as I requested.

I had no idea before yesterday what and epic piece of shit you are but between your response and the people who have reached out to me, it's all making since. I've found out about numerous peoples products and ideas you've ripped off and sold as your own, found out about a rifle that you built that would even chamber the factory ammo that it's spec'd for even after it was sent back to you and "fixed". I've found out about you cheating at matches, and that's all just the tip of the iceberg.

You fucked over the wrong guy buckaroo, so here's my plan of action. We're beyond the point of just sending them back for a refund even if you would accept that. After what has been said and finding out with a dirty business person you are I have to protect myself from a defamation/slander lawsuit so the pieces will be sent out to a third party Monday for inspection where they will be sent to a second third party to confirm they are indeed fucked. I'm also working on emails that will be going out to Glock, Sig, and Walther to let them know what kind of business they are working with.

BTW, what happened with that collaboration with MDT?

In my opinion, there is nothing Redneck could have done to make the plates look or function any worse than they did when he opened the bags. I don’t know Redneck personally, but I am glad that he shared his experience on this forum. I now know who I should avoid doing business with in the future. Thanks for sharing.

This should be fun.

I wouldn't have even messed with the plate that looks like it was made at 459 on a Friday and should have been thrown away, let alone filed and fucked with it at all. That would have been thrown straight back in the weed bag and sent back.

I don't even remotely waste my time on fucked up parts due to exactly this scenerio and look at it as a gamble to where if I manage to further fuck it up and/or not get it to work, my option of returning it is gone. I can understand if theres a single burr somewhere or something, but multiple issues just by looking at it - fuck all that. I also have to say that from my experience, anytime anyone starts an argument with 'Ive done this a hundred times', I always fear what comes after that. On the flip side, when companies I've nmever heard of in my life want to keep telling me how 'theyve worked together' with bigger companies that have zero actual need for them, I also tend to roll my eyes.

Did the one that doesn't look like someone's kid made it spec out ok or are there issues with that too?

So you can kind of see why I sort of agree with the owner on the 'fucked with' plate. Had he left it with that, I'd pretty much tell you to chalk it up to stop fucking with other peoples' mistakes and move on with your life.

However, seeing the responses you got after continuing to discuss 'technical' issues that he didn't want to discuss turn this into a 2-way range. You can tell he had already dismissed you by the time he replied with 'tell me more'; thats a typical response from people for you to basically keep going so they can troll you. The way it was used here comes across to me the exact same manner.

Fine, you fucked with the one plate. What about the second one? No refund there either?

Had he ended it with 'call us Monday and we'll have options' I'd say it is what it is. When all of a sudden he shows up with random insults and keeps telling me to 'kick rocks' which was apparently an actual insult back in the time where people actually named their children Buck, any sympathy for his side of the situation just goes away.

I'd need to see what actually happened between the 'have a great weekend' and 'i posted the screenshots' texts for full judgement to be issued on this.

P.S. - Don't use a phone number that goes to your cell on a weekend as a business owner if you're not going to fix problems over the weekend.

Also; WTF is a 'dude thing'? Is that like some sort of discreet homosexual code or something?

Last edited:
    300 dollars refunded would have been a cheap fix of the issues. And thats the retail . I doubt there is half that in production costs. So for 150 out of the manufacturer pocket all would be good. 300 dollars wont make this go away now. Doesnt matter how many sights anyone has installed those pieces are shit.
    I machine on 80 year old manual machines that dont leave that shitty surface finish.
    Question was their countersink broke too? Raised threads wow!
    I couldnt have looked past the cosmetic issue to check the function. They look like 25 dollar ebay parts to me.

300 dollars refunded would have been a cheap fix of the issues. And thats the retail . I doubt there is half that in production costs. So for 150 out of the manufacturer pocket all would be good. 300 dollars wont make this go away now. Doesnt matter how many sights anyone has installed those pieces are shit.
    I machine on 80 year old manual machines that dont leave that shitty surface finish.
    Question was their countersink broke too? Raised threads wow!
    I couldnt have looked past the cosmetic issue to check the function. They look like 25 dollar ebay parts to me.

I agree.

But why fuck with it if you see it like that right out of the methamphetamine storage bag?

Buck - Owner CHPWS

@redneckbmxer24

From this post it sounds like he's willing to let you send in whatever you ordered to be fixed/replaced regardless of what stupidity occured.

If this is accurate, looks like you can stop harping on whatever you feel you were 'right' about and move ahead with new plates or a refund.

Last edited:
    This should be fun.

I wouldn't have even messed with the plate that looks like it was made at 459 on a Friday and should have been thrown away, let alone filed and fucked with it at all. That would have been thrown straight back in the weed bag and sent back.

I don't even remotely waste my time on fucked up parts due to exactly this scenerio and look at it as a gamble to where if I manage to further fuck it up and/or not get it to work, my option of returning it is gone. I can understand if theres a single burr somewhere or something, but multiple issues just by looking at it - fuck all that. I also have to say that from my experience, anytime anyone starts an argument with 'Ive done this a hundred times', I always fear what comes after that. On the flip side, when companies I've nmever heard of in my life want to keep telling me how 'theyve worked together' with bigger companies that have zero actual need for them, I also tend to roll my eyes.

Did the one that doesn't look like someone's kid made it spec out ok or are there issues with that too?

So you can kind of see why I sort of agree with the owner on the 'fucked with' plate. Had he left it with that, I'd pretty much tell you to chalk it up to stop fucking with other peoples' mistakes and move on with your life.

However, seeing the responses you got after continuing to discuss 'technical' issues that he didn't want to discuss turn this into a 2-way range. You can tell he had already dismissed you by the time he replied with 'tell me more'; thats a typical response from people for you to basically keep going so they can troll you. The way it was used here comes across to me the exact same manner.

Fine, you fucked with the one plate. What about the second one? No refund there either?

Had he ended it with 'call us Monday and we'll have options' I'd say it is what it is. When all of a sudden he shows up with random insults and keeps telling me to 'kick rocks' which was apparently an actual insult back in the time where people actually named their children Buck, any sympathy for his side of the situation just goes away.

I'd need to see what actually happened between the 'have a great weekend' and 'i posted the screenshots' texts for full judgement to be issued on this.

P.S. - Don't use a phone number that goes to your cell on a weekend as a business owner if you're not going to fix problems over the weekend.

Also; WTF is a 'dude thing'? Is that like some sort of discreet homosexual code or something?

Unfortunately I opened the better looking one first, test fit it on the slide and it was a go so I fit the sight. The sight that is completely wrong, yet supplied by them and confirmed by them before purchase to be correct despite the product page saying otherwise.

The plates in no way have been modified or fit, the sights were the only things that were fit. The sights were drifted in after I completely reprofiled the dovetail angle of both sides to make their cluster fuck of parts worth.

Neither plate will accept a screw to hold it down because they didn't use the right tap to account for the thickness of the anodizing. Neither plate will allow the posts to pass through their holes. One will go somewhat in but then won't seat flush like it's supposed to because the relief is out of spec for the bottom of the post.

I made the decision before I contacted them that the only acceptable outcome for me would be a 100% refund. Considering the plates are jacked up and should have gone into the trash, and the rear sights they either ordered wrong from Dawson or Dawson supplied the wrong ones (that I even inquired about and was told were good to go) that is not at all unreasonable. Had I only gotten one plate and the holes were just out of spec then yes I would have just exchanged it for another one and rolled the dice, but getting two and then one looking like a beaver machined it..... nahhhhh. Also seeing their shit excuse for machining and quality control there is no way in hell that I would send them my slides to work on. From what I have seen nobody in that shop is qualified to sweep up the metal chips, let alone run a machine.