• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHPWS RMR plates are JUNK and their customer service is just as bad

You guys should check out the PRM podcast with Buck from a few years ago. Let’s just say he leaves a lasting impression. I’d never do business with this guy or affiliated businesses.

This exchange just reaffirmed my decision.

This is a case study in how not to handle customer service.

Last edited:
You guys should check out the PRM podcast with Buck from a few years ago. Let’s just say he leaves a lasting impression. I’d never do business with this guy or affiliated businesses.

This exchange just reaffirmed my decision.

this is a case study in how not to handle customer service.
Got a link?

Got to say that I hate seeing posts like these specially about a company that I’ve have had good dealings with.
I’ve been using one of their plates for almost two years now and it has been great. No issues whatsoever.
I’m absolutely certain that this was a fluke since these guys have produced and sold so many of their plates in the last several years. Looks like they are getting bigger as well.

Buck must have been David Rooney’s apprentice of Tactical Rifles. That’s the only other shop I have ever seen with such shit workmanship and ethics.

Here’s some more of their stellar machining and customer service for your viewing pleasure.

This guy has the same plates I ordered which are advertised to fit his Holosun too per the site as it’s the same footprint as the RMR. He’s been trying to get ahold of them on FB and email and finally received a reply today.

These fucktards told him to tap his red dot onto the mount. The studs on the mount are .0105” LARGER that the holes in the optic! You literally could not make this shit up if you wanted to. It also looks like his plate was machined by the same beaver that did one of mine, it has the same machining marks. Buck doesn’t give a flying fuck what he sends out the door.

Top pic you’ll see his reply today along with picshowing measurements of the studs of the C&H plate. Second pic you’ll see the measurement of the reliefs on the Holosun on top and then measurements on the studs of his factory Holosun mount on the bottom. A Chinese sweatshop that makes those Holosun plates has better machining.

I would be embarrassed beyond belief if one of my parts managed to leave the shop looking like that. I would have a refund, return shipping label, and 50% off next purchase coupon out the door so fast, the customers head would spin. Furthermore, they would be added to the Christmas card list and a bottle of bourbon would be on their doorstep that week.

Pride in workmanship. I guess some have it, and some don't.

Good Lord, this thread is a train wreck that I could not stop watching. Buck the stupid fuck is letting sub par parts out of his shop. I have seen better metal work by a blind man on the streets of Reynosa. Buck the stupid fuck needs to take a long hard look at the mouth breathing Florida man relative he has running the machines.

This keeps getting better and better. So my RMR’s just showed up today and guess what? NEITHER PLATE WILL TAKE AN OPTIC!!!! 😂

I dug out my certified Brown & Sharpe harbor freight specials and started doing some measuring. You know, because they sell $250 calipers.

The plate that doesn‘t look like it was machined by a beaver had appropriate sized studs but is dimensionally short from the rear of the studs to the back of the plate by .003”, but I’m sure you can just “tap it on there”.

The plate that ole eager beaver machined is even worse. Not only is that dimension even further off, the studs are also significantly larger than the holes in the RMR and they’re not even the same! The RMR’s holes measure .1535” on both optics and on the beaver plate one stud measures .1675” (.014” larger) and the other measures .1760” (.0225” larger). The studs themselves very by almost .010”!!! That is ridiculously sloppy machining.

I’m sure this is my fault somehow too.

Non beaver plate first in pics, and then beaver plate.

11a4ul.jpg

Not to do with mounting plates, but I had an action re barrelled in 6GT. My paperwork clearly states 1:7 twist, got a 1:8. At least the length and taper is correct.
1:8 seems slow for the 109 Bergers I'm shooting.

Edited on November 9th. I took the rifle in to the CHPWS shop and spoke with whoever was there. Buck was out that Friday, but he called me on Tuesday. Very apologetic, said he would fire the guy who turned my barrel, but he already had, can't fire him twice. My rifle is ready for pickup with a new 1:7 twist Schnider barrel. My customer experience is very different from that of reneckbmxer24. Maybe I approached the issue a little differently, but I have no complaints with how it was handled.

Last edited:
Reactions: redneckbmxer24
I bought their Glock 19 mos plate and it’s worked well for me.

That being said, the way Buck handled this makes me reconsider ever buying something from them again.

What makes it worse is the quips I’ve seen on Facebook from him and some of his cronies recently regarding this.

Sorry fellas I was busy for a little bit lol
8266BFC8-9AB0-4635-AE8C-A3754A2E6E75.png
35D88822-2D40-45C4-A70B-AD86645CF6AA.png
395EBAAF-BC01-4EE5-A003-E18AB44BA856.png

He's going for the SOE business plan, but John Willis actually has some intertainment value and knowledge at least.

It’s funny that there’s actually people that think he’s right. He must suck a mean cock 😂

Most people don’t realize that a company can’t really be evaluated until something goes wrong. While the tenor of your msg was a bit rough and I suspect he may have had a couple of drinks, any prudent business person would’ve just left it alone and simply said, “I’m sorry send it back and I’ll refund you”. The photos of the product are also quite shocking.

Reactions: camocorvette
I’m so happy I saw this thread. I’ve done business with Buck years ago. And purchased a couple bolt action rifles from him. So my friend has a Badger ordnance m2013 action sitting on a AI AT chassis so I decided to do the same build and since Buck already built 2 of my rifles which shoot great I thought I’d give him this job too. So I asked if he’s ever milled a AI AT chassis to fit the badger action and he replied no and that he can get the specs from Marty and can program it into his cnc machine and Itle be great. So he called me back tell him to send in my parts and like an idiot I did. Got my rifle back after some time and couple months and couple 100 rounds later I’m realizing this rifle still shoots like how it did the first day I got it. Absolute shit ! Rifle was chambered in .260. So I tested Berger 140 hybrids Sierra match Kings hornady eldm and lapua scenars. Nothing was working and All my reloading is done with top components. My scar 17 shooting reloaded ammo from my Dillon 650 shot 10x better than the rifle he built. After inspecting my friends chassis (milled by Jeff from river bend) and showing him how it looks so much more different than the one he milled out everything went south he has no way of of talking to customers normally or dealing with a problem he made. A lot more shit happened and basically I ended up with a shitty AI chassis that went to the trash and the jackass didn’t fix the rifle and told me I’m a shitty Reloader and a shitty shooter haha also instead of “kick rocks” he hit me with the good ole “run your bolt not your mouth”

Attachments

• C09ECF74-A4FF-48D0-B269-1FF680645E57.jpeg
    C09ECF74-A4FF-48D0-B269-1FF680645E57.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 389
  • F4E618C7-8808-4DB9-B233-F7389C476DB9.jpeg
    F4E618C7-8808-4DB9-B233-F7389C476DB9.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 8EC5A7B5-DB0B-440A-87B2-5D20ED3EC229.jpeg
    8EC5A7B5-DB0B-440A-87B2-5D20ED3EC229.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 365
  • 3A6D1A50-051C-4BDD-A339-8A47858E3499.jpeg
    3A6D1A50-051C-4BDD-A339-8A47858E3499.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 345
  • D1E47419-EC07-46C2-9EEF-D229EFB0ED1D.jpeg
    D1E47419-EC07-46C2-9EEF-D229EFB0ED1D.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 374
I’m so happy I saw this thread. I’ve done business with Buck years ago. And purchased a couple bolt action rifles from him. So my friend has a Badger ordnance m2013 action sitting on a AI AT chassis so I decided to do the same build and since Buck already built 2 of my rifles which shoot great I thought I’d give him this job too. So I asked if he’s ever milled a AI AT chassis to fit the badger action and he replied no and that he can get the specs from Marty and can program it into his cnc machine and Itle be great. So he called me back tell him to send in my parts and like an idiot I did. Got my rifle back after some time and couple months and couple 100 rounds later I’m realizing this rifle still shoots like how it did the first day I got it. Absolute shit ! Rifle was chambered in .260. So I tested Berger 140 hybrids Sierra match Kings hornady eldm and lapua scenars. Nothing was working and All my reloading is done with top components. My scar 17 shooting reloaded ammo from my Dillon 650 shot 10x better than the rifle he built. After inspecting my friends chassis (milled by Jeff from river bend) and showing him how it looks so much more different than the one he milled out everything went south he has no way of of talking to customers normally or dealing with a problem he made. A lot more shit happened and basically I ended up with a shitty AI chassis that went to the trash and the jackass didn’t fix the rifle and told me I’m a shitty Reloader and a shitty shooter haha also instead of “kick rocks” he hit me with the good ole “run your bolt not your mouth”

WOW. Just fucking WOW.

I remember being 13 years old and getting my first AICS 2.0 chassis back in 2002 and having to file the inside of the trigger inlet for the bolt release on my Jewel trigger and it not looking like a perfect mill job (on something that needed clearance) and feeling like I did a hack job. Holy fuck though did my relief look great compared to that inlet. That inlet is so crooked at the bottom that you can see it in a crappy pic with the naked eye. Then fill it with JB weld when you fuck up the inlet job 😂😂😂😂. I’ve seen people patch oil pans with JB that look better than that.

Put down the meth pipe and step away from the Dremel.

Dave Clark likely built your older C&H rifles, thats why they shoot great... I'm not sure when he left C&H or why.
DW

I'm not sure when he left C&H or why.
DW

Probably when he found out about buckaroo running a glory hole in the back corner. Seeing pickup trucks pull around the shop daily and then him stepping back around from behind the same machine constantly with his beard all sticky below the chin was probably a level of weird that a man who likes pussy can’t tolerate.

Probably when he found out about buckaroo running a glory hole in the back corner. Seeing pickup trucks pull around the shop daily and then him stepping back around from behind the same machine constantly with his beard all sticky below the chin was probably a level of weird that a man who likes pussy can’t tolerate.

please don’t lump buckaroo and gays in the same group. Most of the gay folks tend to be nice and honorable people

please don’t lump buckaroo and gays in the same group. Most of the gay folks tend to be nice and honorable people

I’m sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I’m not calling him gay, as yes, that would be an insult to gay folk. I’m calling him a dirty cocksucker.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. There’s a big difference between “I like other dudes” and “I’ll suck your dick behind that porta-John for a hit of meth”.

Dave Clark likely built your older C&H rifles, thats why they shoot great... I'm not sure when he left C&H or why.
DW
Yes that’s true when I was building my m40a5 and 338 his name was on the website. A year later I built my 260 Wich went to shit

I got home from trading a guy a G19 for another M17 with a DPP and the Bobro plates I had ordered were waiting on the porch for me.

These things are NICE. The machining is absolutely flawless as well as the fitment. It’s almost like they “clip” down into the slide cut, there is ZERO movement unlike the CHPWS turds that slap all around. I guarantee that I could shoot it without the screws in and the plate and optic would stay on the gun.

Not only was it actually able to mount to the gun, the screws fit their threads and the RMR fit on the plate too. Imagine that!

Bobro also includes their own sealing plate too so you don’t need to order them. I thought that was a very nice touch.

Wish I had ordered these from the start. Thanks Bobro!