• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Christensen Arms Carbon Rifles......any input?

Cascade_Sherpa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2009
Ferndale, Washington
Hi guys,

I was curious if anybody here had any input on Christensen Arms carbon rifles, stocks, barrels, etc. I've never seen one for sale here on the Hide and there is only a couple on gun broker. not sure if its all a gimmick or if they're the real deal.

Thanks

Re: Christensen Arms Carbon Rifles......any input?

They are an absolute gem if your a hunter..Great to carry and pack.Mine absolutely shoots well under 1/2 inch anytime anywhere..As far as heat and stiffness etc I haven't shot a long enough string to really tell..This is a hunter gun for me.If a hunting gun is what your looking for you can't go wrong.

JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!! Way Overpriced for what you get. I owned 1 for a sheep gun and it shot like absolute shit and they wouldn't do anything for me unless I bought a new barrel. Keep in mind that there were only about 60 rounds down the tube and they still wouldn't replace it. Go buy one of APA's Hunting Rigs they shoot WAY better and have far better customer service..

I watched a very experinced Benchrest shooter try and develop a load for a customers new Christensen with a Nightforce 5-22-50. He could not get it to group under and inche. I am talking setting up wind flags and everything.

He finally got it to shoot .75, but had to wait 10 min between each shot, and many different combinations. Just like others said, the CS sucked! He eventually had to have it rebarreled.

For the price, I would look else where.

Willys46

I Had one in 375 and it shot well with no problems,but thats not a sniper caliber by any means!

I have 2 guns that I built for myself and had christensen wrap them. Both have a 1.25" Lilja staight profile, and I had Christensen wrap them after i fitted the barrels and chambered them. One is a 338 Lapua A.I. and the other is a 6.5X284 and both are among my most accurate rifles. It is much cheaper to have one built or build one and send it to be wrapped and crowned there. I have not been happy with guns they have built. Some have had great luck and others haven't. It seems people either love them or hate them. They use Shilen barrels on their higher quality rifles and those seem to do a little better, but i think they'd have better luck if they switched to Lilja or Pac-Nor, or anything better that a Shilen. Theres a few thing they do on thier rifle that i do different. They only leave 1/4" of metal after the recoil lug, I have them leave 2". That way when you burn out your throat (like in my 6.5-284 for example) you can rechamber it and get a few hundred or few thousand rouns out of it without having to buy another barrel. I use a Tubb recoil lug, they use a Remington factory recoil lug. Just seems the QC isn't what most people that spend that kind of money on a rifle like that would expect. They miss the little stuff. I agree with AZPrecision you could probably get apr custom built cheaper and better, and i will go as far as adding have one built then have it wrapped by them. It's much higher quality that way.

This is my .338 Lapua A.I.
30" Lilja 1.25" 1-10 twist 6 groove no taper wrapped by Christensen
Threaded for AAC Titan direct thread can (waiting on the tax stamp)
Rem 700 action
Tubb bolt assembly
Tubb recoil lug
Jewell trigger
HS stock & bottom metal I borrowed from my 7mm Ultra, waiting on Manners T4-A and Seekins BM
Nightforce 5.5-22X56 NXS NPR-2 in Nightforce one piece Rem. mount
Weight is 12.8 pound with scope
It was just under 18 pounds before the wrap

[img:left]
338lapuaai.jpg
[/img]

My boss owns two of these rifles in .300 Win Mag on Browning A-Bolt actions. Both guns shoot extremely well. Only down fall, both guns shoot two different ammos.

I've heard most the .300 Win and .300 Ultra Mags shoot very well.