• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JohnnyThe

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2023
NJ
Hi,

This is my first post..

I bought a CA MPR 300WM and like the rest of us, my experience has not been pleasant. I really want to love this rifle and had sent it back twice, now there is nothing left to discuss with CA. On my last go-around the barrel shot less than MOA (0.90) in a best of (4) scenario with 215gr Berger Hybrids...

I am looking to re-barrel this rifle with a carbon PROOF solution..

I am an avid shooter for many years and own a number of precision rifles - Precision is what I am seeking. I live in NJ and have access to shoot out to 1k locally but most of my target time is at 300yds. Once a year I make a pilgrimage deep into PA where I have access to 1760yds. I have heavily invested in Black Hills 190gr Match HP factory loaded and Barnes VOR-TX 180gr TTSX BT factory load.

Since I live in NJ, the gun will not see a suppressor so I have decided on a length of 26"

The question - 1:9 / 1:9.4 / 1:10 Deciding between these is where I'm struggling.

Please let me know your thoughts - Also posted in ELR Forum

Thanks!
John