Christensen Modern Precision Rifle

db2000

Supporter
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    I replaced at AIAT with the MPR (and a good chunk of cash) I talked about a few posts up. It’s not even in the same ballpark from an equipment function or accuracy perspective. I’m sure the same can be said for many of the custom rifles out there.

However, the chassis and overall weight is much more practical for field use, and crossover to some recreational long range shooting to keep your hunting skills sharp. My sample will shoot factory 143 Hornady ammo under a minute pretty easily. And that’s plenty good for a hunting gun. Let’s not fool ourselves, there’s folks that brag about group sizes and there’s folks that just go out and kill stuff in the real world.
    Interested in knowing what malfunction(s) and accuracy issues you had over the AIAT? I had a loose stock at the joint and Christiansen replaced it as well as the barrel and bolt, unsolicited, as they felt it didn’t meet their accuracy standards. I was getting sun MOA and now 0.6” with Berger 156 EOL’s.

Reactions: SWgeezer

Crews

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • May 11, 2017
    Interested in knowing what malfunction(s) and accuracy issues you had over the AIAT?

I may have said something confusing, but have had neither accuracy issues or malfunctions with either my old AT, or my new MPR. The only reason I even brought it up was to make comparisons... the MPR is no AI but it’s a practical field gun with acceptable accuracy in most instances.

Reactions: db2000

Pathkiller

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 10, 2020
    Might wait for one to come up in the classifieds. They definitely don't have custom rifle accuracy IMO

Probably not but mine is a 16" barrel 308 and I like to run it on 41gr loads under 168 MK's. It's an easy shooter and groups under a half regularly if I do my part.

It definitely won't put five shots in a single hole with me behind the trigger but it's certainly no slouch.

Lazyninja

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 20, 2020
    Colorado
    I have the .338 lapua version with a burris xtr3. I like it a lot and seems to recoil very mildly for the weight. My main complaint is the tight chamber throat which seriously limits the coal./ being able to take advantage of the magnum case capacity.

Attachments

• 16099054674497222437512645336815.jpg
      16099054674497222437512645336815.jpg
      293.5 KB · Views: 4

Joevb61

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 23, 2021
    Michigan
    Christensen Modern Precision Rifle

While there is no shortage of chassis rifles out there, after getting hands on Christensen's version for the first time tonight it was clear to me that they knocked it out of the park on this one. On top of all the right features, they killed it on the price also - retail is UNDER $2300!

The buttstock is adjustable for LOP and comb height and folds to the right. Stainless action with fluted bolt/knob and extended handle, AICS mag compatibility, hand-lapped carbon fiber wrapped barrel, left side cut-out for smoother reload, great trigger, m-lok compatibility, and comes threaded 5/8x24 with the brake shown. Oh yea, the weight runs from 6.9 - 7.9lbs!

Tomorrow we get to stretch it out at the range so will report back after that!

First run of rifles will be delivered starting in November (yes, of this year) and will initially consist of 6.5 Creed in 22" and 26" flavor and 16", 20" and 24" in 308 Win.

Will post more details on our blog as internet speed allows - only 1megabit here outside Moab UT, and about 1000 people are sharing it right now!

MORE PICS and review details added here as internet speed allows! - CA Modern Precision Rifle

Jason
    Just purchased the 300 PRC. Need some ammo to throw down the throat of this beast. Please help!

Attachments

• 7D33994A-2EF0-40C2-ACE6-97C09973B418.jpeg
      7D33994A-2EF0-40C2-ACE6-97C09973B418.jpeg
      366.2 KB · Views: 20

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Just put new glass on mine. Liked it so much I ordered another. Also fit the MDT bag rider. Took some drilling of the rider. EE339C92-9F18-43D8-9244-2A37EBC0F55E.jpeg

Reactions: LongRangeAggie

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Mostly as a hunting rifle with msr ergonomics. It's lightweight design is 8-9 lbs. That's a little too light for PRS in my opinion.
    6.5 PRC MPR w/ 24” CF barrel. With all the attachments and 8 rd mag, mine weighs about 15#.
    431D0864-45B2-4FF0-A401-E704636B4B3E.jpeg

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    That thing is good looking. Always been a fan of the way traditional Christiansen rifles look. They knocked it out of the park with this one too it looks like.
    Thanks. Shoots great and their CS was amazing.

Lazyninja

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 20, 2020
    Colorado
    Im curious does anyone else find that their chamber throats are very tight? limiting the length to which you can load your rounds?

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Im curious does anyone else find that their chamber throats are very tight? limiting the length to which you can load your rounds?
    Bump your shoulder back .002-3” and see if that helps

Lazyninja

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 20, 2020
    Colorado
    Bump your shoulder back .002-3” and see if that helps
    Thanks I do that, my issue is not the case chambering but the length to which I can seat the bullet out before it contacts the lands. I've experimented with several types of bullets using the hornady modified case and oal length gauge and all are well under mag length.

db2000

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    Thanks I do that, my issue is not the case chambering but the length to which I can seat the bullet out before it contacts the lands. I've experimented with several types of bullets using the hornady modified case and oal length gauge and all are well under mag length.
    Right on. I wasn’t sure. Sometimes a tight shoulder feels like you’re in the lands. I only have one CA rifle and haven’t experienced running out of room to the lands.

Hogrider2000

PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 23, 2017
    I shoot left hander with long guns, and I do a lot of night work.

I really like this weapon--two questions for those of you that use it.

Can the cheek piece be used as is if shot left handed ?? If not can it be replaced.??

Is there a way to mount a rail on the Stock to accept a CNVD-LR ??

Thx

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 30, 2014
    Virginia / North Carolina
    Is there a way to mount a rail on the Stock to accept a CNVD-LR ??
    I tried calling CA and asking about this the beginning of 2018 I believe it was...
    I was told the they they were working on it

Called beginning of 2019...
    Was told I wasn't the first person to ask that, and they were thinking about it

Beginning of 2020...
    We don't make anything for it and don't have plans to

So good luck with that one

Tengo1

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes. I shoot Hornady ELD match ammo with zero issues. But I bought a big brick of Hornady American Gunner 6.5 Creedmoor and I couldn’t close the bolt on half the ammo. Ended up with a stuck bullet in my chamber and powder all over the inside of my action when I tried to pull one out after unsuccessfully loading it and trying to close the bolt. When I pulled the bolt back it brought back the case and left the bullet in my barrel.

Soxxpuppet

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 14, 2019
    Has anyone gotten their hands on a 223 varient? I've always tried around with the idea of getting one with a 16" barrel for a just a short handy rifle.

Reactions: scoleman2446

Lazyninja

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 20, 2020
    Colorado
    got my si.co. harvester 338 out of jail. going with a griffin taper mount & paladin muzzle brake...
    fyi if you go this route get the xl taper mount for the longer 2 port brakes... fedex is ruining my plans now