• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Christmas Day in Texas

Re: Christmas Day in Texas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still its wrong but to each his own. Its understandable but still wrong to make an animal suffer in any situation.</div></div>

What is the diffrence between fishing and trapping? Fishing you stick a hook through the cheek and force them to come to you on a string. Of coarse that is a multi-million dollar sport, so its all good.

Please go back to Barbies Hide.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In fair chase I say kill em, but traps!?!?!? What type of d-fuckin bag makes an animal like this suffer. I am a hunter and if I get a tag I will be tryng to get one, but traps are for pussy's. this is a shooting forum. not trappershide. fuckin sick unless its to protect your livestock. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In fair chase I say kill em, but traps!?!?!? What type of d-fuckin bag makes an animal like this suffer. I am a hunter and if I get a tag I will be tryng to get one, but traps are for pussy's. this is a shooting forum. not trappershide. fuckin sick unless its to protect your livestock. </div></div>

I'll toss in about trapping here. I grew up in the marshes of upstate western New York, and fur trapping was a respected way to make money. Good trappers had a code of ethics; they checked their lines daily to minimize suffering of animals that were not killed outright. Plus, you didn't just go out and fling a trap on the ground. It requires as much cunning and planning to set a steel trap that will fool a wild animal as it takes to patrol and stake out any deer stand.
Trappers are skilled and wily woodsmen who I give as much respect as any big game hunter who knows his craft, and there are trappers with bad practice as there are bushwhacking poachers who deserve no respect. We should be careful in distinquishing between the two; we're all hunters, and I don't know that a bad chest shot that requires you to track an animal for a day is any worse than a leg hold trap that's checked every twelve hours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You may a good machinist but you don't have a clue to wildlife and hunting.
<span style="color: #CC0000">who the hell are you to tell him about hunting when you have to restrain something to kill it?</span>

I don't know where you came from and received your indoctrination but it would be a good thing to re-educate yourself.

You don't stalk lions, you luck into them, or a good caller with a lot patience and time will call one in.

</div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">Dude, just because you're either too impatient, or not that good at stalking game, doesnt mean we all are.

ANYTHING can be tracked, with enough skill, ANYTHING can be killed.

Trapping, to me, is like the high-fence "hunting" camps etc, where there's no skill involved, just pulling a trigger. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPCactus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still its wrong but to each his own. Its understandable but still wrong to make an animal suffer in any situation.</div></div>

What is the diffrence between fishing and trapping? Fishing you stick a hook through the cheek and force them to come to you on a string. Of coarse that is a multi-million dollar sport, so its all good. </div></div>

Because its a fuck'n fish you retard. These are animals. we took their land, hunting is cool man, but forcing a Mountain Lion to suffer for hours or possibly days attached to your little death trap is inhumane. sure its legal, but if I ever saw you doing it id put your ass in a trap and leave you there to suffer. call me a tree hugger or a hippie cause I dont give a fuck, because at the end of the day real men hunt and bitches trap.

I just love how people think they can just shove their opinion down everyone else's throat. Savage you are new here and should show a little more respect. Just because you don't agree with it, does not mean you can spout off like an asshole and insult people.
Oh yea, finish filling out your profile like the rules say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Because its a fuck'n fish you retard. </div></div>

That makes sense. I imagine the fish would beg to differ with you though
crazy.gif

And then there is the psychological argument that men that like to hurt cats (feminine) have an internal disregard for women and are probably not programmed quite right.

Misogyny, or misogamy? Discuss.

I am headed out to a Conibear sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott E White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh, by the way; In keeping with evolutionary progression, modern hunting was developed because it was too hard for you "bitches" to sustain and protect yourselves by trapping.
</div></div>

1) before trapping, there was hunting, nice try at looking intelligent BUT your google foo has failed you my friend. Before the age of mechanical development, simple tools were used (spears, slings, etc.)

2) lets say the skill required to effectively and accurately use a firearm is "10"

As well as stalking, sound suppression, and scent suppression, at a skill level of about "15"

For the simple minds that have shown themselves, i'll make this easy for you, thats a combined score of "25"

Vs.

Setting a trap, throwing some foliage over it, and coming back at a later time, which comes in at a skill level of roughly "2"

The true sportsmen here know who we are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Because its a fuck'n fish you retard. These are animals. we took their land, hunting is cool man, but forcing a Mountain Lion to suffer for hours or possibly days attached to your little death trap is inhumane. sure its legal, but if I ever saw you doing it id put your ass in a trap and leave you there to suffer. call me a tree hugger or a hippie cause I dont give a fuck, because at the end of the day real men hunt and bitches trap.</div></div>

We invade the water just like we invaded their land. We manipulate a hook through a fishes’ cheek, reel them in with a winch; a lion gets hung up on a trap. The fish will suffocate to death; the lion drops in an instant cause of a bullet through her cranium. I'd rather go out like the cat.

It would be no point in typing this to you because obviously you can not comprehend but…THIS TRAP WAS ON A CATTLE RANCH, it was not a hobby trap. Without these traps price per cow would be unaffordable. Look up by products of beef, it goes from Americas $1 cheeseburgers, to your boots, to your prescription drugs. All of the cattle by-products would cost soo much more because of uncontrolled predators. I am ALL about conservation in everyway, but when I come across a cat killing a dog in a residential area we are over populated with these predators. These predators are the most intelligent and cunning animals around here and hunting them would be way too time consuming to control them. Though hunting them would be a true hunting experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vs.

Setting a trap, throwing some foliage over it, and coming back at a later time, which comes in at a skill level of roughly "2"

The true sportsmen here know who we are. </div></div>

Spoken like someone who has not done or not been succesful at trapping. Coyotes are masters at finding traps that are not setup properly.
Sportsmen come in a variety, for you to accuse anyone here of not being a sportsman because "you say so" shows that you are narrow minded and narcissistic. Orrrrr quite possibly just an asshole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There seems to be a misconception about those who don't like or believe in trapping. Then labeling people who don't like trapping hippies is not only laughable but shows you have a lack of brain power. No one has come out and said to we should ban trapping. We said we don't agree with it. <span style="text-decoration: underline">We fully understand that this can be necessary to control a problem population of predators, whether that's is to protect live stock, humans, or to control their population so that non-predatory animals have to ability to flourish. No one has debated this. We do have to obligation to protect your rights regarding hunting, whether we like what your doing or not. You have two choices united or divided with your fellow hunters and firearm owners</span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1ZNUF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Leg hold trapping of an animal: cruel, yes; necessary at times to protect property and life, yes. The "sport" depends on the animal involved and how trap-wary they are, but I draw the line at "recreational trapping"</span> just for the fun of it (please in no way let anyone construe that I'm implying Cat's kill is recreational). Dispatching an animal in a leg-hold trap: a necessity, an arguable oblitation, not to be celebrated, but not to be shunned. I didn't think Cat was beating his breast over this.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPCactus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">THIS TRAP WAS ON A CATTLE RANCH, it was not a hobby trap</span>. Without these traps price per cow would be unaffordable. Look up by products of beef, it goes from Americas $1 cheeseburgers, to your boots, to your prescription drugs. All of the cattle by-products would cost soo much more because of uncontrolled predators. I am ALL about conservation in everyway, but when I come across a cat killing a dog in a residential area we are over populated with these predators. These predators are the most intelligent and cunning animals around here and hunting them would be way too time consuming to control them. Though hunting them would be a true hunting experience.
</div></div>

There are some of you that truly need schooling in reading comprehension. How do I know this? You opened your mouth before reading what was written. Try not to skim read or stop reading after 3 sentences of some bodies post. If your not sure you grasp what their saying re-read their post. I don't make comments to people before getting a full understanding of what their saying, try it sometime. It would cut down on 80% of these posts.

Secondly if you don't agree with trapping fine, I don't, but stfu about it. If it's for a legitimate reason ( As I already covered, 1ZNUF covered, And JpCactus covered) Why the fuck are you bitching?

Third if you were paying attention early on in these postings the name calling started when we (people opposed to trapping) were branded hippies, or peta. Or in one case some dip shit putting boycott *Blanks* business because he doesn't believe in trapping, therefore he's against hunting. If your going to start calling people names and cry foul when you get mud thrown back at you, stfu and go sit in a corner.

JPCactus, it is a nice cat to be proud of. I'm sure that farmer will sleep a little better at night knowing this cat won't be bother his cattle any longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott E White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh, by the way; In keeping with evolutionary progression, modern hunting was developed because it was too hard for you "bitches" to sustain and protect yourselves by trapping.
</div></div>

1) before trapping, there was hunting, nice try at looking intelligent BUT your google foo has failed you my friend. Before the age of mechanical development, simple tools were used (spears, slings, etc.)

2) lets say the skill required to effectively and accurately use a firearm is "10"

As well as stalking, sound suppression, and scent suppression, at a skill level of about "15"

For the simple minds that have shown themselves, i'll make this easy for you, thats a combined score of "25"

Vs.

Id give it a 1, all the guy has to do it put the trap down and throw some leaves on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPCactus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Because its a fuck'n fish you retard. These are animals. we took their land, hunting is cool man, but forcing a Mountain Lion to suffer for hours or possibly days attached to your little death trap is inhumane. sure its legal, but if I ever saw you doing it id put your ass in a trap and leave you there to suffer. call me a tree hugger or a hippie cause I dont give a fuck, because at the end of the day real men hunt and bitches trap.</div></div>

We invade the water just like we invaded their land. We manipulate a hook through a fishes’ cheek, reel them in with a winch; a lion gets hung up on a trap. The fish will suffocate to death; the lion drops in an instant cause of a bullet through her cranium. I'd rather go out like the cat.

It would be no point in typing this to you because obviously you can not comprehend but…THIS TRAP WAS ON A CATTLE RANCH, it was not a hobby trap. Without these traps price per cow would be unaffordable. Look up by products of beef, it goes from Americas $1 cheeseburgers, to your boots, to your prescription drugs. All of the cattle by-products would cost soo much more because of uncontrolled predators. I am ALL about conservation in everyway, but when I come across a cat killing a dog in a residential area we are over populated with these predators. These predators are the most intelligent and cunning animals around here and hunting them would be way too time consuming to control them. Though hunting them would be a true hunting experience.
</div></div>
You seem to have quoted my post but forgot what was in it. "ITS A FUCK'N FISH"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Coyotes are masters at finding traps that are not setup properly.
</div></div>

I'd say they're even better at eluding live things, i.e. real hunters.... SO whats harder, covering your moves, your appearance, your smell, your sound. oh hell you're right, maybe having to dig a hole for a trap is harder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha. Maybe call up the apache kid and we'll go together. </div></div>
I'm from Prescott, neighbor.
Go kill one, no two, I'm pissed off too! </div></div>

I am in the Verde Valley bro! practically neighbors!
I just got a Preymaster call for Christmas. . .going out again tomorrow!

This soon to be epic thread tantalizes.

Eventually, someone will post their half naked woman near a dirt mound with a Victor #2 under freshly sifted dirt, and some chittlins and a rooster head tucked back into a crevice so that the fox has to prance a bit to get to the prize.

The unfairness of a steel trap resonates. Like life.

Use it or abuse it.

<span style="font-style: italic">We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out...

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds </span>
-E. Presley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott E White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Vs.

roughly a 2? the true sportsmen here know who we are? WTF you talkin about. making a set is a lil more complicated than your thinking, i called in 3 cats last year and all were taken easier than the ONE i trapped, carrying my 4ftx2.5ftx2ft 30lb live traps (self made i might add), over a 5 mile trap line thats river bottom and rock canyons was a hell of alot harder than sittin my ass down and blowin my ki-yi only to have the poor little fur ball fall to my suppressed Armalite, which to you might as well be unsportsmanlike cause hell, its just to easy to put my NF NXS NP-R1 on an animal and pull my 3 lb JP trigger and with a TI suppressor, is that even fair??? just sayin... i'm proud of what i do and how i do it, i built a dozen of my own live traps, i'm a landowner, dog me all you want, opinions vary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Oh yea, finish filling out your profile like the rules say. </div></div>

I dont really see where it says that I need to fill out my profile unless im going to post in for sale.....

Ah hell took the 30 secs to do it. check the sig.
-SAVAGE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott E White</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for an intelligent and well thought-out addition to this thread. I gotta ask though... what's with the resizing post? </div></div>

My bad. Accidentally posted in the wrong forum. Took care if it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF your a Farm owner and have a legitiment reason to have to shoot a Mountain Lion or Wolf I have no argument with that. I however do not believe in being able to draw tags and hunt either of these noble creatures. Not to mention people either trap them, or hunt them with dogs.
If this cat was killed because it was causing problems with ranchers or a danger to familys again no problem. </div></div>i agree 100%

Hunting is hunting, trapping is trapping.

For the love of fuck guys, c'mon. I don't like big nasty fat broads, I don't look at Shanksters thread.

I don't give a flying rats ass about spin drift, I don't read the threads.

If you don't like trapping, don't waste your time pissing and moaning about it. Shut your fucking mouth and move on.

Seriously? What do you gain by shitting on someone's thread about their kill? "Oh I feel so liberated now that I got my opinion out there." Yeah Fuck off.

I don't trap, and I haven't hunted big game in a while. But I do know this. Hunters and trappers need to stand together just like the 5 stand guys and the palma shooters. We are all brothers and all have alot to lose when the infighting starts.

Let's keep our eye on the ball.

BTW - I quit smoking on Christmas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camo_Toe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I say kill em all. Majestic psshhh. </div></div>

dumbass. It's their world too. You think they don't have a right to live?

You might have been nearly cat scat, you've got shit for brains.

I can't believe how many narrow mined liberal fags there are on this site...being a proficient trapper takes a fuck of a lot more skill than hunting, trust me i've been doing both since I was about 10 years old.
Just for kicks why don't you ass pirates that have been shitting on this thread do a little research on what trapping is REALLY about, not that it'll change your mind as you have too little mental capacity to soak in that kind of knowledge or you would already know...would you rather see thousands of animals die from disease and mange or see a few have their foot in a trap for a few hours?

Just sayin' don't spew shit out of you mouth when you don't know
wink.gif

Just wanted to clarify that my above post was not directed at those of you who have expressed your views respectfully, everyone has a right to their own opinion, those of you who don't agree with that (you know who you are) Keep your disrespect to yourselves...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPCactus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still its wrong but to each his own. Its understandable but still wrong to make an animal suffer in any situation.</div></div>

What is the diffrence between fishing and trapping? Fishing you stick a hook through the cheek and force them to come to you on a string. Of coarse that is a multi-million dollar sport, so its all good. </div></div>

Because its a fuck'n fish you retard. These are animals. we took their land, hunting is cool man, but forcing a Mountain Lion to suffer for hours or possibly days attached to your little death trap is inhumane. sure its legal, but if I ever saw you doing it id put your ass in a trap and leave you there to suffer. call me a tree hugger or a hippie cause I dont give a fuck, because at the end of the day real men hunt and bitches trap. </div></div>

"we took there land" Waht the fuck are you talking about? I've never seen so many Bambi hearted pussys on a web-site before. Seriously even the PETA site doesn't have as many wimps as are posting on this thread.

Great cat, hope I will get one someday. As far as trapping goes I don't have a problem with it. Dog hunting on the other hand is good fun. We used to be able to hunt deer with dogs in florida and that was a blast. More big deer were killed and it kept the population down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...without trapping this world would be over run by a lot of destructive critters...just sayin

Steve </div></div>

We should probably start trapping people then

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...without trapping this world would be over run by a lot of destructive critters...just sayin

Steve </div></div>

We should probably start trapping people then </div></div>

we DO aussie, its called the PEN, the only thing is we don't shoot the dumb bastards we let em live for some reason.

Hutch and others are right. Why squabble about it.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO SEE THE child/livestock/pet killing Kitty Cat have a trap mark on him then kindly click the "BACK" button on your browser . . . don't tell other people how they "should" be conducting their business.

Its not good for the site, not good for the internet, and not good for your high blood pressure.

<END OF THREAD>

I have Chased a lot of Shit with MY hounds. I have also hunted Big game in WVa Va KY British Columba and Utah. Out of the top 10 hardest and least successful hunts I have been in on all 10 were behind my Bear hounds, at home in terrain I am extreamely familiar with. Dropping 10-15 pounds in Bear season is really normal.
I love to see experts speak of things that they have no firsthand knoweledge of. Why do you never hear of these guys telling the bird hunters that it is unethical?

As for trapping.....Really?

I can't believe the world has swung this far in the 43 years I have traveled it. Please tell me how it is a better place.

I am just glad know one has seen me plowing with an old Mule as I have often infringed upon his rights and made him rest well on several spring nights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have Chased a lot of Shit with MY hounds. I have also hunted Big game in WVa Va KY British Columba and Utah. Out of the top 10 hardest and least successful hunts I have been in on all 10 were behind my Bear hounds, at home in terrain I am extreamely familiar with. Dropping 10-15 pounds in Bear season is really normal.
I love to see experts speak of things that they have no firsthand knoweledge of. Why do you never hear of these guys telling the bird hunters that it is unethical?

As for trapping.....Really?

I can't believe the world has swung this far in the 43 years I have traveled it. Please tell me how it is a better place.

I am just glad know one has seen me plowing with an old Mule as I have often infringed upon his rights and made him rest well on several spring nights.
</div></div>
Nicely put, +1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 223Rem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May your pet die in agony. </div></div>

What an immature fucktard..

bet youre the life of a party..everyone kicking your ass and shit.

Saw this today and thought it was fitting...good story...and it proves a point..........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34701355/ns/today-today_people/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bioyatexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Kitty..I think the big cats taste a little like Chicken... </div></div>

.....I think a little more like pork chops....but mmmmm..mmmmmm..GOOD!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...without trapping this world would be over run by a lot of destructive critters...just sayin

Steve </div></div>

We should probably start trapping people then </div></div>

Priests?

Wow!...all this arguing amongst ourselves is bad kharma I think.

Anyhow, growing up in NV during the 70's we had an abundance of mt. lions out in the mountains. Although we rarely ever saw attacks anywhere in the U.S. back then. We also had a ton of coyotes as our dairy farm was on the edge of civilization and the desert. We never, ever, lost a calf to one. EVER. In fact they are what kept the jackrabbit population down that did cost us thousands of dollars every year in lost alfalfa hay. Good, high grade dairy hay that cost us between $120-$150 per ton to buy. So, unless coyotes became rambunctious...we didn't shoot them. We rarely ever saw any bobcats or lynx. They were definitely not on the shoot list. Lynx are rare anymore in the U.S. now. Getting back to the mt. lions, our state Fish and Game did a trade deal with Arizona to re-introduce native desert bighorn sheep back into NV. They transplanted a herd of 36. Lions got 'em all. At that point the Fed. Fish and Wildlife and state F&G decided a serious "control" solution needed to be implemented before the state spent that kind of money with that project ever again. So they set quota's. And, yes, that's how a tag system comes to be. Their numbers are watched. But they still need to be controlled. While I don't like to see any animal suffer, trapping is one of the very few effective methods to do that. Chasing them with dogs can be effective too. But it is very time consuming and expensive. As another poster said, you ain't gonna get any of them without dogs or traps.

Now, to the idiot who said he got attacked and there were several more right there... <span style="font-weight: bold">PLEASE,... ALLOW ME TO CALL BULLSHIT!</span>. Mt. lions are solitary creatures with the exception being a mother and her cubs. Toms eat cubs. Momma mt. lions don't like that. They will truly fight hard for them. Toms don't want to get injured so they back off. That statement clearly says you don't know a damned thing.

Wolves. ...We sort of had a balance if you will between agricultural interests in the west and the predators that remained indigenous to the Western United states. When wolves were re-introduced we had a rapid and, I consider, dangerous unbalance of nature. First, the wolves started killing cattle like Grizzleys, cats and coyotes <span style="text-decoration: underline">never did</span> combined. One family of ranchers where I lived in Montana lost 8 cattle in one year. The state who said they would re-imburse them for damages made them fight for every one. It was the conservation groups who actually came up with the most money for reimbursement...at first. After they figured they had it in the bag, that became difficult too. Now with an increase in the population of wolves and various elk herds thinned prodigiously it becomes a problem again that wolves are killing cattle. With enough wolves to hunt they finally got off the endangered species list. Only to go back on there because the "greenies" cried so hard. Not because they don't have enough numbers. Wolves have a tendency to thin herds correctly. But, not when those herds are isolated by the way our populations have inhabited the West. Isolated herds simply become victims. Good or bad genetics. If we could start over in the west, there would be a lot of better ways to do things. We are long past that point now. My bottom line on wolves is this. There isn't enough room for that level of predator in what is already a crowded environment with choke-holds on various moving points, so the wolf could be an effective and beneficial predator. It simply doesn't exist where they have been re-introduced.

have to agre with clark . i live and hunt in wa and big cats are tearing up the populations . kill them when you can .

sweet setup and even nicer kill!!
I would like to SBR mine and put can on it. IF you don't mind me asking, do you go through prints or do a trust?

I see no problem with trapping a cat. They are a very destructive on our livestock and can be very dangerous. If we see one we shoot it and if we can trap them we do.