• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Christmas Day in Texas

Re: Christmas Day in Texas

Everyone needs a GOV trapper friend! Then I could hunt at Denver International Airport!
A guy my sister and I went to school with got killed by a mountain lion while jogging behind the school. A friend of mine woke up with a buck in his driveway, throat ripped out and a cat near by. I wish I had some good huntin dogs to chase them CO cats!

anyone who says trapping is easy is full of s###. go try it. trying to fool the senses of the most wary critters in N. America (other than Bigfoot of course) will probably be one of the hardest things youll ever do.

I'm still fairly new around here, but it certainly looks like this thread (or more specifically, this subject of trapping) sure raises some shackles on ALL sides.

Some folks seem to think that trapping an animal in a steel jaw trap where it lays around suffering afterward is wrong. So here's the solution: Land mines. Maybe even claymores and trip wires. Hey; at least the animal won't be laying around for long after tripping off a bouncing betty, right?

No?

OK then; fine. So we're back to either traps, or some other method of pest control. Hunting by stalking is fine, and I have no problem with that for sport hunters. But there seem to be problems with these animals in some areas that go beyond sport hunting. And different situations require different responses. You wouldn't use a .30-06 in the local petting zoo on elementary school field trip day, right? So why condemn someone else for using what works in THEIR location and situation to meet THEIR need for eliminating the animal(s) in question?

Whether you nuke'em from orbit (it's the only way to be sure!) or put on a loincloth and chase them with a sharp stick; in the end the animal is just as dead, right? So the need to eliminate it becomes a matter of efficiency. If it is needing to cover that missing spot on the trophy room wall, then sportsmanship should be paramount. But if it is a matter of making sure that Little Jimmy isn't Kitty Chow on the way to the school bus stop, then use a frakin' GE minigun if that's what it takes.

But whatever it takes for YOUR situation, have enough respect for the other guy to accept HIS needs may be different from yours and vice-versa. (Except for the argument that "We took the animals' land from them to make farms"- I'll buy that one just as soon as the mountain lion/coyote/groundhog/etc. takes me down to the Register of Deeds Office and shows me where he legally purchased said land and pays his taxes on it. Til then; IT'S AN ANIMAL. It may be a part of nature, but so is man and therefore man has a right to hunt anything he can just as that animal does in nature. It hunts cattle, man hunts it. It uses fangs and claws because it has them. Man uses rifles and traps, because he has them. It's all a part of nature. But man did not "take" the land from the animal.)

Anyway, nice rifle, and nice cat.

I'm pretty new to the site as well but I can see there are some liberal panzies here that probly voted for...I won't go there....but they should turn in thier guns. Your friend is a Govt guy that gets paid to get rid of these cats...(or is contracted by the Govt, either way)...its not a house cat and like Joker said its not a zoo during 3rd grae field trip...you dont just walk around the city n see the cats (not typically anyways)....these cats are out in the country where farmers n ranchers and thier families live. These cats are obviously a problem in the area where this one was taken at n thats probly why he's gettin paid by the Govt to do something about them.....

Good lookin cat!

An adult lion will kill a deer a week.....notice didn't say "eat". They eat what they want, then leave the rest. Then kill when hungry again. They DO need to be controlled. And using dogs and traps are the most effective and economical way of doing it. Some govt. trappers still use aircraft to control predators....but i'm sure a lot of you people don't like that way either.

On my planet hunting and trapping are two different things and I for one am firmly against the trapping of liberals.
However, I believe that it is monumentaly important to keep them in their own territory where they belong, I think that it is cruel to expect good country people to listen to their incessant crying out at night from the traps.
"help me, help me, PLEASE, why is this happening, somebody help me!"
Who can sleep w/ all of that racket?

OK, maybe I'm not necesarily dead set against it, but what if the kids come across the thing. They're gonna' want to keep it. And who's going to keep it shaven, bleach it's butt hole, feed it gluten free soy burgers. Me. They are cute, and it probably has a subaru, but I don't want to take care of the stupid thing.
I say only trap liberals if and when the numbers get to be too great for regular methods of eradication.

nicely said reelman!
if you see a cat in ur travels on foot, you better have a gun cause ur looking like dinner to that cat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hunting cats etc. = good. Traps = bad kharma. JMO. </div></div>

+1

Never thought itd spark all this.

I dont like trapping. I'm all for hunting them. Just not trapping.

Can you trap on public land? What if a hunter stepped into it?? Can it only be done on closed off land??

Call a lion in at dusk or dawn after an hour long stand and kill him with a rifle. That would be impressive, and IMO truly hunting him on your own.

Dogging I just dont see the same. People hunted with dogs for hundreds of years for food. They didnt have $3000 rifles, 30rnd mags and red dot sights, but they had dogs.

I understand population control of predators, but to brag about trapping or dogging..... whats there to brag about?

you act like anti trappers are bleeding heart liberals. We're hunters who just dont see a need for trapping.

Some of you people are looking at anti-trappers as much more than that. Someone above put anti-hunters and anti-trappers in the same group. You couldnt be more wrong.
I LOVE HUNTING. I just dont like trapping.

I think we all here like hunting. Some of us just dont like trapping. We're all pro-hunting, pro-military, and all very similar minded guys.

Why are you arguing about this? State your opinion and let it be read. But to start calling people libtards and idiots on here, shows YOUR character.

It takes both skill and luck to cut a (fresh) track and not loose it because of weather or daylight.It also takes diligence and regimate to check your traps every day >The tool is only as good as the user.

Nice piece!

Very nice! I haven't seen too many this year in the hill country.