• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christmas gift thread! Please read instructions to participate!

USMCSGT0331

🔫
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2013
    Minnesota
    www.snipershide.com
    Gentlemen, I thought about doing something fun this year for Christmas, I pulled 7 10 11 lucky items out of my collection and I'm going to be giving them away to 7 10 11 lucky Sniper's Hide members! I'll keep trying to add a new gift for each new page added in this thread! If we hit 5 pages, I'll also donate $500 to the Scout Sniper Association (the donation will be from everyone who is participating in this Christmas gift thread)!!!

Here's the thread rules, please read them carefully before posting in this thread:
    • This is not a discussion thread, so please do not deviate from what you're supposed to post here, or you'll be disqualified
    • All you have to do to participate in this thread is make 1 single post with the word "M40" in it
    • Each Sniper's Hide member only gets 1 post in this thread, you will be disqualified if you make multiple posts
    • If you post anything other than the word "M40" in your single post, you will be disqualified (I use quotes around the word "M40" to show you that this is the word to be posted, it doesn't matter if you have quotes around the word "M40" or not. So, posts with either "M40" or M40 are both acceptable)
    • Edited to add - Posting a photo of an M40 along with the word "M40" is also perfectly accessible, just please don't post anything else, since this isn't a discussion thread
    • Only Sniper's Hide accounts created yesterday (Dec. 14, 2023) and prior are able to participate. This is to prevent random people coming to this forum and creating new accounts with the hopes of winning something. It also ensures that only current members of our community are eligible to participate
    • You can enter a single post in this thread at anytime between when I make this first post and midnight (12am Central) on Christmas Eve. Any posts made after this time will be disqualified (I'll do my best to login at that time and make a cutoff post)
    • When you make your single post in this thread, there will be a post number assigned to it by the forum system. This number is your identification number and it will be used in the random number generator
    • The only Sniper's Hide member who is immediately disqualified is TMA (if he's still even on this forum). Guys who hang out in the Vintage Section will understand. Everyone else is welcome to participate (as long as your account was created on or before yesterday, Dec. 14, 2023)
    Here's how I'll choose the winners:
    • I'll vett all of the posts and record any disqualifying posts
    • I'll use a random number generator to draw numbers and I'll post the results so that everyone can see the randomly chosen numbers
    • The random number generator will run the entire range of post numbers in this thread
    • The 1st number drawn will win the 1st gift, the 2nd number drawn will win the 2nd gift, etc. and will continue in this order for all 11 gifts
    • I'll have the random number generator choose more than 11 numbers, even though there are only 11 gifts. This is to ensure that I have enough numbers drawn in case any of the numbers link up to a disqualified post. In the event that a number is disqualified, I'll move down the number list to the next number
    • Once the first 11 randomly selected qualifying numbers are matched up with their respective gifts, I'll reach out to the people who made those posts and get their shipping information (no one needs to contact me, I'll contact the winners)
    I'm not affiliated with Sniper's Hide in any way, I'm just doing this because I thought that it would be awesome. I'll be the person vetting the entries in this thread and the person drawing the winning post numbers. I started another thread where we can have a discussion about this gift thread, it's also posted in the Vintage Section. Go to that thread to ask questions or make comments about this thread.

To the Mods reading this thread, this is not a sales thread or an attempt to circumvent the buy/sell/trade rules of this forum. This is just a fun thread where I hand out some cool stuff to my fellow community members! No money or anything else will be exchanged, the winners will get their item for free and I'm also paying the shipping/insurance costs to mail these items out. This is 100% free to everyone who participates. Please keep this thread in the Vintage Section, this is where I hangout on the site and I can easily keep an eye on the thread (and the other discussion thread). Please contact me if you have any questions about this thread, and I hope that it doesn't break any forum rules.

Here's the 7 10 11 Christmas gifts, I hope these are things that you guys might enjoy (well, we know that everyone will want the first gift!).

Gift #1: Original USMC M40 Redfield 40X scope base and Redfield low 1" 1-64 marked scope rings! @roostercogburn98

1000008023.jpg

1000008018.jpg

1000008019.jpg

1000008020.jpg

1000008021.jpg

1000008022.jpg

Gift #2: White Feather card hand-signed by Carlos Hathcock! @Megahoser

1000008024.jpg

Gift #3: OPS AWP 34mm QD scope mount made for the M110 CSASS program! @USMCsean

1000008032.jpg

Gift #4: OPS AWP 1.5" 34mm gen 1 scope rings for various SOCOM sniper rifles! @Charger442

1000008033.jpg

Gift #5: DD Ross bottom metal for the M40A3 sniper rifle! @lmt-ar

1000008030.jpg

1000008031.jpg

Gift #6: Original Remington M24 trigger! @brodband8

1000008026.jpg

1000008027.jpg

Gift #7: GG&G 30mm DMR/sniper scope rings! @mvm

1000008028.jpg

1000008029.jpg

Gift #8: New in package Geissele Super 700 trigger! @EOD100

1000008056.jpg

Gift #9: Original USMC Winchester M70 target barrel used by the 1980's USMC shooting team, Marine 2112's used a Douglas blank to make this barrel, 1 of only 6 known in-the-white USMC M70 target barrels in private collections! @DIBBS

1000008052.jpg

Gift #10: New old stock original Barnett M14 barrel made for IBA! @JosiahDickson80

1000008053.jpg

1000008054.jpg

Gift #11: Emerson Knives Double-Struck CQC-17, the only one ever made with a double-struck logo on the blade! @biggins151

1000008105.jpg

1000008106.jpg

1000008107.jpg

1000008108.jpg

1000008104.jpg

Here's a photo of everything together (before adding the newest gifts):

1000008034.jpg

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited: