• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christmas gift thread! Please read instructions to participate!

Gift #1 - @roostercogburn98 (Post #17):
Original USMC M40 Redfield 40X scope base and Redfield low 1" 1-64 marked scope rings!

Gift #2- @Megahoser (Post #42):
White Feather card hand-signed by Carlos Hathcock!

Gift #3 - @USMCsean (Post #55):
OPS AWP 34mm QD scope mount made for the M110 CSASS program!

Gift #4 - @Charger442 (Post #77):
OPS AWP 1.5" 34mm gen 1 scope rings for various SOCOM sniper rifles!

Gift #5 - @lmt-ar (Post #101):
DD Ross bottom metal for the M40A3 sniper rifle!

Gift #6 - @brodband8 (Post #121):
Original Remington M24 trigger!

Gift #7 - @mvm (Post #145):
GG&G 30mm DMR/sniper scope rings!

Gift #8 - @EOD100 (Post #166):
Geissele Super 700 trigger!

Gift #9 - @DIBBS (Post #179):
Original USMC Winchester M70 target barrel!

Gift #10 - @JosiahDickson80 (Post #195):
NOS Barnett M14 barrel made for IBA!

Gift #11 - @biggins151 (Post #23):
Emerson Knives Double-Struck CQC-17!

There you have it—a random selection for each gift!
Thank you sir! What an awesome deal, and so great of you to support the hide! Merry Christmas!

9 of the 11 Christmas gifts have been mailed to their winners, I've send messages to the 2 other guys, but no response yet. I'll give them a month or 2 to get back to me. If I don't hear back from them, I'll draw new numbers from this thread and some members here might end up with Christmas gifts in February, lol. Let's just give these 2 guys some time to check their messages and respond, some people aren't very active on the forum, so it's understandable.

I sent out tracking numbers to half the guys yesterday, I still need to send the rest of the tracking numbers from today's shipment to people. So, all 9 people who have responded to my messages have their gifts in the mail and should be receiving them soon! I'm excited to see how they end up using these gifts, hopefully they'll post some photos of the items in use!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and I hope you all have a great New Year's celebration in a few days!

9 of the 11 Christmas gifts have been mailed to their winners, I've send messages to the 2 other guys, but no response yet. I'll give them a month or 2 to get back to me. If I don't hear back from them, I'll draw new numbers from this thread and some members here might end up with Christmas gifts in February, lol. Let's just give these 2 guys some time to check their messages and respond, some people aren't very active on the forum, so it's understandable.

I sent out tracking numbers to half the guys yesterday, I still need to send the rest of the tracking numbers from today's shipment to people. So, all 9 people who have responded to my messages have their gifts in the mail and should be receiving them soon! I'm excited to see how they end up using these gifts, hopefully they'll post some photos of the items in use!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and I hope you all have a great New Year's celebration in a few days!
Who ever builds something with them please put follow up here so the rest of us can see.

To say that I am extremely humbled by Ryan's generosity doesn't even begin to cover my gratitude.

It's likely going to take me some time to put a build together, but if/when I am successful I will certainly post pictures.

Simply Awesome!

No sir, not I. I got the barrel and it’s super awesome. I just need about $2,000 more in parts and I’m set😂
That's going to be an amazing M14 when you're done with the build! What did you end up doing with the 2nd item I put in the package with the barrel? Framed and hung on a wall? Hopefully it's a great addition to your collection!

How about everyone else who received one of my Christmas gifts? Any new builds? Please keep us posted on what you guys are doing with the gifts!

Also, you'll all notice that I included a small metal piece with your Christmas gifts. That's actually a tiny piece of Scout Sniper and PWS history! In the first year ir two of M40A3 production, the 2112 armorers at PWS experimented with side bolt releases on the rifles. They cut-out a small oval in the left side of the receiver and installed a side bolt release. Unfortunately, this didn't work out well because the Scout Snipers kept breaking the side bolt release retaining pin when they were doing rapid bolt manipulation. The side bolt releases were all taken off the rifles, and the 2112 armorers had to create small oval-shaped filler plugs to fit into the cut-out hole in the receiver. When the filler piece was put in place, it was welded to the receiver, cleaned up and refinished. They made a lot more receiver plug pieces than bolt releases, so they had hundreds of them left over.

The small metal piece that was included with each of your Christmas gifts is an original USMC PWS 2112 armorer made M40A3 side bolt release filler plug! It's not much, but it's a neat little piece of USMC Scout Sniper and PWS history! I was given a bunch of these side bolt release filler plugs by a 2112 when I was serving in a Scout Sniper Platoon back in 2008. It was just scrap metal pieces back then, so the 2112's had permission to give some away to snipers and other Marines at the time. I have no idea if PWS has anymore laying around, but 16+ years ago there were a ton of them. Probably all recycled scrap now, unfortunately. I'm really glad they handed some of these pieces out back then, it's an interesting piece of history!

If you guys look at photos of older USMC M40A3's online, you might be able to find a few pics of rifles with one of these filler plugs installed! I'll try looking for photos later, but if you guys come across any photos that show an M40A3 with the filler piece, please post the photo here in this thread!

You can see the small M40A3 side bolt release filler plugs at the bottom left of this photo (I originally put this photo on the first page of this thread). I hope you guys like this miniature piece of history! Like I said, it's not much, but they're pretty interesting items!

1000008034-jpg.8296838

@roostercogburn98
@Megahoser
@USMCsean
@Charger442
@lmt-ar
@brodband8
@mvm
@EOD100
@DIBBS
@JosiahDickson80
@biggins151

Nothing yet, I’m still scheming and trying. Blew the motor up in my beater truck so kinda sidetracked. Not lost, just slowed down some.

As for the plug, it now has a description in the container it was stored in. Will keep it in the safe for now.

Pretty darn neat stuff, as almost always, the story is more interesting than the part it seems.
82B8335E-D12B-43FB-A93E-2C96A604601C.jpeg

How about everyone else who received one of my Christmas gifts? Any new builds? Please keep us posted on what you guys are doing with the gifts!

Also, you'll all notice that I included a small metal piece with your Christmas gifts. That's actually a tiny piece of Scout Sniper and PWS history! In the first year ir two of M40A3 production, the 2112 armorers at PWS experimented with side bolt releases on the rifles. They cut-out a small oval in the left side of the receiver and installed a side bolt release. Unfortunately, this didn't work out well because the Scout Snipers kept breaking the side bolt release retaining pin when they were doing rapid bolt manipulation. The side bolt releases were all taken off the rifles, and the 2112 armorers had to create small oval-shaped filler plugs to fit into the cut-out hole in the receiver. When the filler piece was put in place, it was welded to the receiver, cleaned up and refinished. They made a lot more receiver plug pieces than bolt releases, so they had hundreds of them left over.

The small metal piece that was included with each of your Christmas gifts is an original USMC PWS 2112 armorer made M40A3 side bolt release filler plug! It's not much, but it's a neat little piece of USMC Scout Sniper and PWS history! I was given a bunch of these side bolt release filler plugs by a 2112 when I was serving in a Scout Sniper Platoon back in 2008. It was just scrap metal pieces back then, so the 2112's had permission to give some away to snipers and other Marines at the time. I have no idea if PWS has anymore laying around, but 16+ years ago there were a ton of them. Probably all recycled scrap now, unfortunately. I'm really glad they handed some of these pieces out back then, it's an interesting piece of history!

If you guys look at photos of older USMC M40A3's online, you might be able to find a few pics of rifles with one of these filler plugs installed! I'll try looking for photos later, but if you guys come across any photos that show an M40A3 with the filler piece, please post the photo here in this thread!

You can see the small M40A3 side bolt release filler plugs at the bottom left of this photo (I originally put this photo on the first page of this thread). I hope you guys like this miniature piece of history! Like I said, it's not much, but they're pretty interesting items!

1000008034-jpg.8296838

@roostercogburn98
@Megahoser
@USMCsean
@Charger442
@lmt-ar
@brodband8
@mvm
@EOD100
@DIBBS
@JosiahDickson80
@biggins151

the ring set i received, currently financially tough to start a clone build around that. i know there are some items out there to track down, and im not opposed to it, but i think its an $8k-12k endeavor these days. i know one guy was selling one for $11k in the PX.

anyhow, i really appreciate the awesome gift and you are extremely generous to do something really cool like this, as i told you when we spoke before.

FYI, i do not have a peice of the filler plug. i was scared i did something with it and i lost it or threw it away but i put the rings back in the original box, and i went through it and its not in there. i would have noticed a circular vile like that. anyway, not a big deal but all of it is awesome peices of recent history.

Thanks, J

the ring set i received, currently financially tough to start a clone build around that. i know there are some items out there to track down, and im not opposed to it, but i think its an $8k-12k endeavor these days. i know one guy was selling one for $11k in the PX.

anyhow, i really appreciate the awesome gift and you are extremely generous to do something really cool like this, as i told you when we spoke before.

FYI, i do not have a peice of the filler plug. i was scared i did something with it and i lost it or threw it away but i put the rings back in the original box, and i went through it and its not in there. i would have noticed a circular vile like that. anyway, not a big deal but all of it is awesome peices of recent history.

Thanks, J
The filler piece is in a ziplock bag that was with your rings, or I might have even just dropped the piece into the scope ring container with the rings. Please check in there when you have time. All off the filler pieces I sent out were in ziplock bags or dropped into a box with the part I sent out (like the scope ring container). The vial was @roostercogburn98 put his filler piece in when he received it, I never sent out vials. If you can't find your filler piece, let me know and I'll send you another, I still have a bunch of them!

Thanks, J
Sorry for the confusion on the vial. I keep old plastic vials like that for small parts around the shop. I get tired of replacing small screws on the regular. The cutout was not shipped to me in it.

Reactions: Charger442
The filler piece is in a ziplock bag that was with your rings, or I might have even just dropped the piece into the scope ring container with the rings. Please check in there when you have time. All off the filler pieces I sent out were in ziplock bags or dropped into a box with the part I sent out (like the scope ring container). The vial was @roostercogburn98 put his filler piece in when he received it, I never sent out vials. If you can't find your filler piece, let me know and I'll send you another, I still have a bunch of them!

10-4. I'll check.

Thanks!

Oh, thanks sir! I had found that filler when I unpackaged the barrel and didn’t realize what I was looking at. Learn something new every day.

:unsure: My treasure is in the corner in the loading room unopened, and I still need to chat with Ryan.

Christmas you say.... in February.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
Found it!

When I initially glanced it I thought it was an Allen wrench.

Sweet!!
I'm glad you found it, but I wasn't worried, I could have easily sent you another one. Do you have any plans for it? Can't really use it on a build and it's not large enough to put on display. Maybe put it in a curio cabinet or something? I just have mine stored in a Ziplock bag in my rare parts safe, lol.