• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Civilian Sniper Training

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Looking for a highly recommended civilian sniper school. I am x military looking to improve my tactical shooting skills. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Civilian Sniper Training

Try Vern at Central Virginia Tacticle. Great guy, good teacher, reasonable rates, beautiful rural Virginia. Goldie

I think there's a place called Rifles Only..... you might want to look that up - once they get their 2009 schedule ironed out
wink.gif

Met with the instructor of HS Precision's Sniper school in 2002. I believe it is now called GPS Sniper school. Maybe someone can explain the difference between precision rifle school and sniper school.

You can also try Tactical Response. They have both a sniper course and a shooting course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should be looking for a Precision Rifle course, not a Civilian Sniper course. Now having said that:

Tiger Valley

Rifles Only

Badlands Tactical

Rick Why don't you start taeching classes?

There are many more and I'm sure others will add them.

</div></div>

GPS Defense...(www.sniperschool.com)
It was still GPS when it was sponsored by and known as the HS Precision Sniper School as well as when it was sponsored by and known as McMillan Sniper School. GPS has been operating as a Sniper School for 10 years now.

Gunsite in AZ has a XLR course, extreme long range, which is very, very good. Also the Precision rifle 7 course, which I beleive is a pre-requisite is phenominal as well.
The precision rifle is 7 days, 2000.00
the XLR is 3 days, under 1000.00
I am a API (american pistol institute), graduate, back in the Jeff Cooper era. Now it is ran by his family and they have updated a lot of techniques which Jeff was opposed to.
Very Good instructors, excellent facilities, fairly close accomodations or you can camp there.

If you get a chance, bring your sidearm and try and squeeze in the 250 pistol course or the 150.
I can highly recommend them...
whatever you choose, it will be fun and informative.

ive heard nothing but good about badlands, im off to there today. awful far for us east coasters though.

lear

guys........................

.............................these are refered to as long range target interdiction classes.............

I know it's been a couple years since the last post, but how experienced should you be shooting-wise before attending a such a school. I think it would be great, but I don't want to feel like an idiot that doesn't belong and holds back the class...

Km22,
In my opinion I don't think you need to be very experienced. You have to be safe. Have an open mind and a want to learn the proper techniques.
Pick the class that suits you, most companies have prerequisites follow them. But don't ever think you are above a class that focuses on the fundamentals.

Pick up the phone and call Rifles Only, talk to them and tell them where you are and where you want to go, they'll suggest the right class for you.

you take a class to learn, if its open to everyone, then the person/group should know how to teach any skill level, and be prepared too. Unless noted in the class description its for advanced etc.