• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision CIVL, (civilian ATPIAL/PEQ15) pics/info

April fools guys! Haha, they really got you good with that one!

So any updates on this? Why are they dragging their feet with this? Just release it already. And any chace it will come in desert tan or FDE?

The first versions we're told we be in black only and then TAN shortly thereafter. Being told at the end of the year, my guess at Shot Show. Hope this helps a bit.

Vic

Just out of curiosity, is there something civi-legal that would fit in the PEQ-15 flood slot and not be totally useless? I'd totally buy a Class 1 Peq-15 even if the flood slot was an empty hole, just to have an offset IR/Vis slaved combo in a low profile package. The CQBL is low profile, but not offset. The D2 has an offset slaved pair, but is far from low profile. Everything else lacks the paired IR/Vis feature.

Just out of curiosity, is there something civi-legal that would fit in the PEQ-15 flood slot and not be totally useless? I'd totally buy a Class 1 Peq-15 even if the flood slot was an empty hole, just to have an offset IR/Vis slaved combo in a low profile package. The CQBL is low profile, but not offset. The D2 has an offset slaved pair, but is far from low profile. Everything else lacks the paired IR/Vis feature.

I know of at least 2 coming out at SHOT from different manufacturers that fit that bill.

Well I talked to the Insight rep and the CIVL isn't just around the corner... In fact I was told they are still working on the molds and they did not plan to bring the unit to market without a military contract!

Sorry boys! I know ya were hoping!

Military and other agency contracts are what pays for the research into all of this. Without conflict there would be NO financial advantage to develop any of these toys.

You can forget that devise. The LDI CQB L1 is close. Get a seperate illuminator and it can be weapons/hand held

Yeah, the CQBL is pretty close. I wish it was offset like the CIVL was though. I'll have to get creative with keeping the front sight post out of the way if I end up going that way. It's a shame the CIVL's not going anywhere, it really does appear to be perfection for the Class 1 crowd.

Let's set a few facts correctly. We were in several meetings with L3 Warrior Systems and they were not just reps but decision makers. The CIVL IS still on the list to be manufactured but other projects are being looked at and no firm ETA. They were even showing another CIVIL proto at the show. It is correct molds have not been made as yet, but the plan is still to produce and it has not been canceled. ...And no mention was ever stated the unit hinged on a Mil contract.

Vic

Last edited:
This is good news. I am in no legitimate rush, just an unjustified desire for instant gratification. I am happy to hear the project is not dead, and I am (grudgingly) content to wait.

Let's set a few facts correctly. We were in several meetings with L3 Warrior Systems and they were not just reps but decision makers. The CIVL IS still on the list to be manufactured but other projects are being looked at and no firm ETA. They were even showing another CIVIL proto at the show. It is correct molds have not been made as yet, but the plan is still to produce and it has not been canceled. ...And no mention was ever stated the unit hinged on a Mil contract.

Vic

So your saying what here the "decision makers" aren't telling their company reps what is going on? No matter, this thing is so insanely far from being a product that you or I can put in a box and mail to a customer its not even funny. Ya know, I could probably start, (next Thursday at 19:00 hours) with a cocktail napkin and a borrowed pencil and have a laser to market before the CIVL.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the things that make ya go Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, the DBAL D2 has been out for some time now.

As for Delta 4-3, I HOPE YOU WEREN'T ALL TALK.

Lol, that is debatable. I just had no idea how hectic things would be afterwards as I was a SHOT virgin, then I got home to three little girls that hadn't seen their dad in a week, which was also hectic, but awesome. There has already been a post on product number 1 which was from LDI. It is not exactly what I pictured when I talked with them late 2013, but at least it's something new. When I went by manufacturer #2's booth to meet in person someone there who I have conversed with but never met face to face said that FDA approval was the issue.
I don't work for Armasight, but I do sell their higher end stuff along with gear from half a dozen other manufacturers. They were nice enough to let me pass out my business cards at their booth, so I spent time there when I got tired of walking. They have a couple lasers, of which I will upload pics to imgur, time now. One wasn't new, the Drakos II but (slaved IR and vis) but has finally cut through the red tape from what I understand. The other is new.

As far as other stuff I though was cool enough to spend my wife's money on was a Team Wendy LTP, Vortex Razor 1-6, and some Mega monolithic uppers in both sizes and their corresponding lowers.

I also finally got to check out the GPNV's, and have put a kidney up for sale in hopes that someone like me can get a set. unfortunately, it might take selling both kidney's.

TNVC had a Gen 3 PVS-4. I thought that was kind of a cool idea.

I got to play with the RAPTAR before the show and liked it, obviously. It was not as large as I had pictured in my brain.

I took notes on a ton of stuff that I thought might be of interest here, but it will take me a few days until I can get it posted up.

Last edited:
So your saying what here the "decision makers" aren't telling their company reps what is going on? No matter, this thing is so insanely far from being a product that you or I can put in a box and mail to a customer its not even funny. Ya know, I could probably start, (next Thursday at 19:00 hours) with a cocktail napkin and a borrowed pencil and have a laser to market before the CIVL.

I stand by what I said and in one case at Shot Show the decision makers did just that with me in the same meeting room with "another project besides the CIVL" but not with a paper napkin.... ;) Stand by....

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fresh Crow time!

Unless, of course you cocktail napkin design has made it to the market?

Last edited: