• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Class 3 transfer fee??

notme

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
TX
What are you all being charged for a class 3 transfer for a suppressor? I was quoted $125 today

Thanks for the replies. I suppose I'll shop a little more

He has an actual shop. No names however, he is one of two here in Corpus Christi, TX. Not much competition. I'll check the second today

i get charged 75 here in san antonio. i was talking to another Class III dealer here in town and they want 200 or so. He is also the same store that told me a 22L-1 would cost $575. :mad:

Charger442, what's your dealers name? My second option is also a manufacturer and does not do transfers? I'll drive to SA

Obviously the $75 dealer. I'm up that way periodically anyway

Most are around $50 for a transfer IF its not bought in the store. If you buy it in the store they shouldn't be charging you a transfer fee.

Remember you don't HAVE to go to a store in your town, just has to be in your state. Shop around I am sure there are other shops that want your money but won't rape you.

Most are around $50 for a transfer IF its not bought in the store. If you buy it in the store they shouldn't be charging you a transfer fee.

Remember you don't HAVE to go to a store in your town, just has to be in your state. Shop around I am sure there are other shops that want your money but won't rape you.

yeah, he is looking at driving 2 hours north to get what he wants. im not sure if its an out of state transfer or not. Hell, im pretty much looking to travel to Austin if i need to.

I do them for $75 here. Going rate from others is $100-$125. Regular firearm transfers are $15 per firearm.

Mine is $50 in Austin, if you want to drive that far. Gas money from Corpus and back (twice) is probably more than the difference, though.

The best I've found around me is $75. I'm sure there are cheaper ones, but like the dealer.

I've got a great dealer that can get anything in stock (if he doesn't already have it) that I want without a transfer fee-- and his prices on suppressors are the lowest I have seen anywhere.

If you are in Tennessee-- Call Steve at Colonial Armory 816-718-9489

Is Steve the gentleman running the Group Buy? I'm trying my best to support SH supporters. We have a good thing going. I just need a transfer vehicle. I do travel through San Antonio and Austin sometime however, not frequently enough at this time
Thanks for the lead

Is Steve the gentleman running the Group Buy? I'm trying my best to support SH supporters. We have a good thing going. I just need a transfer vehicle. I do travel through San Antonio and Austin sometime however, not frequently enough at this time
Thanks for the lead

Any of the in state dealers should be able to mail you your can once the Form 4 clears. No need for a trip.

$100 seems a fair price if they actually fill out the paperwork for you and send it in. Class 3 transfers are more of a pain with the paperwork in some states b/c you have to file paperwork in that state before you can file with the ATF and then the FFL has to store the item for 4-6 months while you play the ATF waiting game.

Yes-- Steve is the one with the group buy. Rangewalker71

Also, It might be difficult to pick up the suppressor. I know you can order it and send the form 4 off through the mail, but having it shipped after it clears might be a different story. In TN we have to fill out a 4473 when the form 4 comes back from the ATF before we can take the suppressor.