• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning the TSC Hunter Suppressor

OldnavyCTT2

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2023
Colorado
I own the Hunter suppressor from Texas Silencer Co. I finally got it out of jail and it is now n my Phoenix Weapontry 300 blackout. I want to know how often I need to have it cleaned using good factory subsonic Ammo i.e. 190 grn sub-x by Hornady or an equivalent. And how should it be cleaned due to being non-servicable .
Thanks!!!

Didn’t get anything with the suppressor that was useful in this area and the company is not returning calls made in the last two days. Thought I would try this forum and see if anyone knows about the Hunter suppressor while I wait for TSC to call back. Can’t find anything on the web that answers these two questions.

Looks like it’s made of 17-4 stainless. Google “the dip suppressor cleaning”. Be cautious, it can yield lead acetate if there’s any lead in the can which can be absorbed through your skin and is very toxic.

I would typically advise to use clr, but obviously ask the manufacturer to make sure that won’t void any warranty when you do get ahold of them.

I own the Hunter suppressor from Texas Silencer Co. I finally got it out of jail and it is now n my Phoenix Weapontry 300 blackout. I want to know how often I need to have it cleaned using good factory subsonic Ammo i.e. 190 grn sub-x by Hornady or an equivalent. And how should it be cleaned due to being non-servicable .
Thanks!!!

Is this a training course you're offering?

• Haha
Reactions: Nik H
FYI: I was told buy a local dealer about a month ago, Texas Silencer Co has filed Bankruptcy and laid-off its employees. That's probably why your not getting calls returned. Just joined this site just to let you know.

Well thats really bad news. I just became aware of TSC today at a LGS where I fell in love with the Scoundrel rimfire can. Was thinking of purchasing tomorrow. Luckily a search turned up this thread. Guess it could have been worse, not funding out they went tits up until after purchase.

I did get ahold of TSC and rhey told me to just fire high velocity ammo through it to clean it. The dip could be an option after a few thousand rounds