• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Climate change is real!

AOC said we’re all dead in 12 yrs. so I took out a 30 yr mortgage I can’t ever pay back. Jokes on them. ?
source.gif

Ask the “scientists”: are we stupider or are the scammers smarter, than in the 30s.
That’s nearly 100 years of the same old shit!

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Ask the “scientists”: are we stupider or are the scammers smarter, than in the 30s.
That’s nearly 100 years of the same old shit!

The Victorians had their fun with radium infused water and uranium tinctures long before Chernobyl and Fukushima made it cool. The "scientists" of the time pushed that shit too. Just like they are pushing all of those fad diets, tonic drinks with entire essays of ingredients in the back of the bottle, and now we got some fucking weirdo from Sweden telling people to eat human flesh.

We have had Ice Ages and melting periods since the planet formed....

Scaring us about it started in the 1930's....

newspapers in the story
Check out the ages of the Cenazoic period. Complete climate changes every half million years and not a coal mine or oil well in sight?

Same old doomsday cult bullshit for last 2500 years, climate change, global warming, next ice age, comets bringing doom, Y2K, the end of Mayan calendars, sun spots, earth quakes, meteor strikes, super volcanoes and all the usual bullshit, it never ends with gutless people wanting their lives to end.

Reactions: KYAggie
If I were to have a shot of whiskey for every single time the media and our elected officials have tried to scare the public with doomsday shit since 1890, I'd be long dead of alcohol poisoning even before I reach the Cold War and the nuclear era...

Well, I got up this morning and my computer had crashed at midnight...so I guess they were finally right about Y2K.

They used to sacrifice goats, chickens, or virgins. Now they want to sacrifice the economy. It never fixes anything, and apparently it was not that popular amongst virgins either.

Was watching a Smithsonian show about the planets in the solar system.

As I turned it on they were talking about Venus and speculating that at one time it had an atmosphere and was likely very earth like.

THAN THE SUN STARTED WARMING UP and it caused the planetary water to evaporate, carbon dioxide built up in the atmosphere and it had increased volcanic activity causing the planet to die.

No cars, no humans, no Venal Warming.

Yet in the next sentence they blamed man for causing the same on earth.

Fucking retarded.

Uh, this one's actually true. If you bother to go read through all the data and can look past warped political views that every scientist must be a democrat with an agenda, you may learn something. 99% of Earth's scientists can't all be in on it.

Fact.

See, I'm a mathematician. From another angle we have formulas that indicate how long a secret can be kept, ie, a hoax or lie perpetrated. The more people it depends on the less time it stays secret and the truth comes out. I forget the numbers but I think Churchill said it best. At any rate, the more people in on it the faster it unravels.

Sure, it COULD have started out as a hoax, there had to be "that first guy", but fact is now it'd require MILLIONS of people to be in on a hoax, and that's just not mathematically feasible. Again, you guys "not believing it" --nature and facts don't care for your beliefs. You owe it to yourself to go back into this objectively and figure it the fuck out.

It's why every single crooked shit deal done in WA gets exposed, even if nothing is done about it.

This is no different.

Reactions: DROWN
If we follow the money, we can see that gas/oil companies have the most to gain from hiding climate change. Why wouldn't you want to move away from oil and gas to rely less on Iran/other nations? Even if climate change isn't real, what do we have to lose from trying to clean the earth and taking care of future generations?

Than why does every single climate change initiative seem to penalize the mature economies while allowing the polluting developing countries continue to pollute.

If you worry about climate change go to India and China and advocate for climate change.

and while you are at it go to some moslem countries and force them to change their bathroom policies to gender neutral and accept alternate pronouns.

If we follow the money, we can see that gas/oil companies have the most to gain from hiding climate change. Why wouldn't you want to move away from oil and gas to rely less on Iran/other nations? Even if climate change isn't real, what do we have to lose from trying to clean the earth and taking care of future generations?

Do you know who the biggest oil and gas producer in the world is? Hint, you probably live there.

Looking at climate change objectively they have not gathered enough data to be statically relevant. The historical data shows much bigger swings in temperature over shorter times than we see today. The cost of "green" energy has been much higher, and the environmental impact seems to be worse in some cases. People need to understand how clean the emissions are on modern fuel burning systems, and how efficient and cheap they are.

Do you know who the biggest oil and gas producer in the world is? Hint, you probably live there.

Looking at climate change objectively they have not gathered enough data to be statically relevant. The historical data shows much bigger swings in temperature over shorter times than we see today. The cost of "green" energy has been much higher, and the environmental impact seems to be worse in some cases. People need to understand how clean the emissions are on modern fuel burning systems, and how efficient and cheap they are.

....but the ice cores.

Was watching a Smithsonian show about the planets in the solar system.

As I turned it on they were talking about Venus and speculating that at one time it had an atmosphere and was likely very earth like.

THAN THE SUN STARTED WARMING UP and it caused the planetary water to evaporate, carbon dioxide built up in the atmosphere and it had increased volcanic activity causing the planet to die.

No cars, no humans, no Venal Warming.

Yet in the next sentence they blamed man for causing the same on earth.

Fucking retarded.

Venus went into a "runaway" greenhouse effect... Whether that's caused by nature or man, it's the cause. Venus is also close enough to the sun that liquid water does not exist on the surface of that planet, which is crucial for thermohaline circulation and cooling. Another critical thing it's missing is the early single cell lifeforms that essentially terraformed this planet making it suitable for complex life.

Plus think about this: it's not like we imported shit from outer space to fuck this place up, everything necessary was already here. Would you argue we couldn't fuck up the planet if we just threw all the oil taps open and let 'em run into the ocean? What if we did that since 1948? Saddam burning those oil wells, don't think that was bad for the planet?

See, in the end burning of fossil fuels is releasing all the carbon that was locked up eons ago by those simple lifeforms. Think of it this way: because of life on Earth, because of our proximity to the sun, because of liquid water, we avoided what happened to Venus. We had organisms that exchanged O2 for CO2 and methane. They locked this up inside their cell walls when they died. Now we release it all in few short years and you really believe nothing will happen?

So by turn, do you also think that it's just impossible for us to damage the planet? That it can take anything? If that's the case, why not let the rivers in Ohio keep burning, why clean 'em up? Why bother with superfund sites? Let's just teflon the fuck out of everything while we're at it too and bring back leaded fuel. While your'e at it, just go ahead and warm up your car and vent the exhaust in the house, not because of the environment but because of the holy dollar: this way you can stay warm, warm up your car AND save a few shekels on the heating bill. If you can vent your car outside ad infinitum, why can't you just warm your housie house a bit in the am? Because we apparently can't do any harm. Or maybe we can and just don't wanna look at it. It'd too costly or it's too life changing or it engenders you to one political party or another... It's our fucking planet and it transcends all this.

So yeah, all I get from what you said was that the shit necessary to ruin a planet is already there, only on Venus nature sped it up sans humans and on Earth the humans are the ones that are doing the speeding up. But since we're of nature, one could argue that all is the same except for the process.

I don't know, I sorta see it from a "Day the Earth Stood Still" viewpoint: this planet cannot be allowed to die so one species can live in relative comfort for a few centuries. The idea that it doesn't belong to us also sits high in my mind --the people that came before owed us like we owe the people that come after us. And all the flora and fauna.

We're at a tipping point, and if our technology doesn't doom us, it will have to save us. I just hope people don't wait to wake up on this one until it's too late.

I get a real kick out of it whenever some “green” California yuppie comes up here in the summertime, drives around a Prius, drinks bottled water, wears polyester/spandex, buys a plastic kayak every year, pays someone to clean, box, and ship their fish all while giving me dirty looks for my 30 year old diesel that still gets better gas mileage then their Prius and can be driven off old motor oil, drinks my beer out of glass, wears fur, wool, and cotton, has a kayak older than most of them with a wood frame, and take my fish just down the road to my freezer. Which one of us really has less impact? Which one tries to act like they are better than the other? Which one thinks we shouldent be allowed to hunt wolf or drive on the beach? I’ve heard em talking about us driving on the beach but I’ve yet to hear any of em offer to carry anyone’s setnet gear down the beach so we wouldent have to drive it.

Like the late, great George Carlin said, "planet earth has been through a lot worse than mankind...plate tectonics, volcanic eruptions, meteor impacts, earthquakes. The planet will just shake us off like a bad case of fleas when it’s ready. The earth will be just fine long, long after we’re all gone."

So no, I don’t buy the alarmist BS that were ruining the earth. Any minuscule effect we have on this 5 billion year old ball is temporary at best.

1579498018394.jpeg

So, the wife and I are in Switzerland on vacation. We decide we’re going to go take a ride on the Stoosbahn funicular, up to the village of Stoos. We’re a couple of towns over, so it’s about an hour and a two bus trip......cool, no biggie. We’re going through Brunnen, the bus stops at one of many and on walks a girl/young lady, carrying a sign that says “How dare You”. I saw that and mentally said to myself “Oh, FFS and did the obligatory eye roll. My blood pressure is now elevated a bit, but I keep my mouth shut.

A couple of stops later, another young lady carrying the same sign, gets on the bus, sees her sister in the climate struggle, goes over to her, hugs her and sits down next to her. Meanwhile, my pulse rate has gone up and I’m mildly gnashing my teeth. I get to looking closer and they’ve got matching Greta pigtails. I’m really starting to get pissed now, but hold it back because I don’t want to be the ugly American.

So, the bus pulls up to the base/parking lot of the Stoosbahn. Everyone gets off the bus and onto the funicular. When we get to the top, we look down/off to the side and see that the Swiss locals are having bathtub races. There’s already a bunch of people there, drinking and having a great time. The two Greta’s are walking down to that general area and WTF ? they meet up with two more gretas, four in total. I’m now at about DEFCON 1.01. I figured they were a bunch of SJW’s, coming up to disrupt the festivities. What do they do ? They lay down their signs, pull matching yellow jackets out of their backpacks, put them on, pick up their signs, head up the the starting line and get in their bathtub..............They came in last place. They lost to team teradactyl (all four in teradactyl suits) and 4 guys in bikinis.

I was laughing my ass off.......

Last edited:
like the russians, climate change is a dem tactic to take power ... twits.

Climate change is very real - political climate change anyway.

….And I really don't see how, in this day and age, we can still be calling spring, summer, fall, and winter "seasons" anymore?
From here on they shall be referred to as Climate Change Levels 1, 2, 3, 4 :whistle: :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I'm sure we've watched movies where the scientist give warnings and the crowd brushes it to the side only to feel the pain later. Your talking about scientist with degrees that study this stuff vs what you see in a study or personal experience.

Venus went into a "runaway" greenhouse effect... Whether that's caused by nature or man, it's the cause. Venus is also close enough to the sun that liquid water does not exist on the surface of that planet, which is crucial for thermohaline circulation and cooling. Another critical thing it's missing is the early single cell lifeforms that essentially terraformed this planet making it suitable for complex life.

Plus think about this: it's not like we imported shit from outer space to fuck this place up, everything necessary was already here. Would you argue we couldn't fuck up the planet if we just threw all the oil taps open and let 'em run into the ocean? What if we did that since 1948? Saddam burning those oil wells, don't think that was bad for the planet?

See, in the end burning of fossil fuels is releasing all the carbon that was locked up eons ago by those simple lifeforms. Think of it this way: because of life on Earth, because of our proximity to the sun, because of liquid water, we avoided what happened to Venus. We had organisms that exchanged O2 for CO2 and methane. They locked this up inside their cell walls when they died. Now we release it all in few short years and you really believe nothing will happen?

So by turn, do you also think that it's just impossible for us to damage the planet? That it can take anything? If that's the case, why not let the rivers in Ohio keep burning, why clean 'em up? Why bother with superfund sites? Let's just teflon the fuck out of everything while we're at it too and bring back leaded fuel. While your'e at it, just go ahead and warm up your car and vent the exhaust in the house, not because of the environment but because of the holy dollar: this way you can stay warm, warm up your car AND save a few shekels on the heating bill. If you can vent your car outside ad infinitum, why can't you just warm your housie house a bit in the am? Because we apparently can't do any harm. Or maybe we can and just don't wanna look at it. It'd too costly or it's too life changing or it engenders you to one political party or another... It's our fucking planet and it transcends all this.

So yeah, all I get from what you said was that the shit necessary to ruin a planet is already there, only on Venus nature sped it up sans humans and on Earth the humans are the ones that are doing the speeding up. But since we're of nature, one could argue that all is the same except for the process.

I don't know, I sorta see it from a "Day the Earth Stood Still" viewpoint: this planet cannot be allowed to die so one species can live in relative comfort for a few centuries. The idea that it doesn't belong to us also sits high in my mind --the people that came before owed us like we owe the people that come after us. And all the flora and fauna.

We're at a tipping point, and if our technology doesn't doom us, it will have to save us. I just hope people don't wait to wake up on this one until it's too late.

What happened to Venus was caused by the warming of the sun.

At one time scientists, as in settled scientists, believe Venus was cooler and more earthlike.

Over billions of years the sun got hotter.

The sun is getting hotter now.

Make no mistake our future is that of Venus.

It just won't happen by any means we have control of.

Move to Mars their future is one of warming, water melting to become liquid and perhaps the creation of an atmosphere.

Im not saying go pollute.

What I am saying is it's insane to outright ban coal when our technology is capable of providing cheap economy, quality of life boosting energy, and overcoming the pollution created.

Dems banning cheap energy is to pressure and destroy the middle class.

The want a two class society.....

The controlled dependents.

The elite "planners".

I'm sure we've watched movies where the scientist give warnings and the crowd brushes it to the side only to feel the pain later. Your talking about scientist with degrees that study this stuff vs what you see in a study or personal experience.

Bill Nye is a shill.

There are scientists that argue against using a historical record well beyond the 130 years "changers" like to cite.

The media just doesn't tell their story unless you research.

Their have also been revelations of the change side being found fudging the data.

It's fine if you want to give up your freedom for fantasy.

Do it.

Now go lecture China, India, Africa, Vietnam.......all those places we off shored our relatively clean manufacturing to and who now send us shit via a trip across the Pacific on a ship burning bunker oil.

Not only is Bill Nye a shill, he's not a climatologist. There are many scientists, who are actually climatologists, who constantly say climate change is complete and utter bullshit.

The ones still yapping that we are doomed, are being paid. Cause it ain't about climate control, it's about wealth redistribution and people control. That's why the UN wants to limit the US and says exactly jack shit about pollution in Asia.

I'm 55 years old. I have been hearing the alarmists make predictions for most of my life. Not one of them has been right yet.

Climate Change is real , during the summer it get real hot and then during the winter it gets real cold. I don't know how much more proof you guys need to understand Climate Change.

Next time someone is pushing their religion on you ask them two questions.

1). What percentage of our atmosphere is CO2? Hint: .000391. Can you name anything else in nature that is controlled by such an insignificant amount of an element?

2). In science every theory is able to be definitively disproven by certain facts. Since there is no fact or evidence that can disprove AGCC (like disproving God) it cannot be science.

What freedom am I giving up for fantasy? And why lecture other countries? Even trump states climate change isn't a hoax. A lot of you guys are old and it's tough to teach dogs new tricks. But going towards renewable resources takes nothing away from you.

Of course the earth is getting warmer...been doing that since the last ice age....DUH!

The hysteria from AOC and Thunberg is due to the fact that they are very ignorant people being used by very clever people who want to control energy....it is all about people and energy control.
One more thing people should ask themselves...why is everything associated with "climate change-global warming" deemed BAD?

Last edited:
What freedom am I giving up for fantasy? And why lecture other countries? Even trump states climate change isn't a hoax. A lot of you guys are old and it's tough to teach dogs new tricks. But going towards renewable resources takes nothing away from you.

I have no issue moving towards "renewable" resources. I have a huge issue with government using MY tax dollars to subsidize it.

I also have an issue with policies that restrict what I can buy, own, and operate due to some mythical need to "control" climate change.

To put this into perspective - Mt St Helens is still the largest polluter in Washington. If it was an industrial site, it would qualify for Superfund status.

Also, when Mt Pinatubo erupted in 1991, it put more pollution into the air than the entire history of the automobile. With zero long term impact on the climate.

I like my internal combustion engines and don't plan to give them up for any renewable, pie in the sky bullshit. I don't give two fucks about "climate change". If it's happening, so what? It's not the first time nor the last time.

We have hundreds of years of petroleum, coal, shale, etc. reserves. These are proven, reliable, cheap energy sources. If you leftists would cut the bullshit and adopt a different religion other than the cult of climate change, you could see the the plain truth too.

If I need to find out something, I'd be better off asking Dolph Lundgren rather than that shill Bill Nye
Even that commie "facts" site snopes has to admit it.

I have no issue moving towards "renewable" resources. I have a huge issue with government using MY tax dollars to subsidize it.

I also have an issue with policies that restrict what I can buy, own, and operate due to some mythical need to "control" climate change.

To put this into perspective - Mt St Helens is still the largest polluter in Washington. If it was an industrial site, it would qualify for Superfund status.

Also, when Mt Pinatubo erupted in 1991, it put more pollution into the air than the entire history of the automobile. With zero long term impact on the climate.

snopes called you out hard. Everything you state means nothing to me know. Mountains don't cause pollution near the scale of automobiles and the fact that you state this is laughable.

Is the climate changing...yes like it has in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Its the agenda I find truly troubling. The utter conceit of climate alarmist thinking that the government is capable of changing the trajectory of the climate is not only ludicrous but truly a threat to our individual liberty. The modern environmental movement is the latest manifestation of collectivism following the failure of the last centuries experiments with socialism, fascism and communism. The globalists attempt to control to our lives through and more kinder and gentler form of collectivism. If you are unfamiliar with the term I would suggest that you read the writings of Hayek.

I am a gray hair and have been around long enough to see the folly of chasing the crisis du jour promoted by politicians pursuing their own self interest. The green energy movement is not about saving the environment but actually more about rent seekers promoting an agenda aided and abetted by our educational systems and MSM which enriches politicians and crony capitalists. As always just follow the money. I am also old enough and have been through enough crap in my life that i no longer suffer fools and their bullshit. The advantage of my age is that I will most likely not see the damage these policies would inflict on individual liberty but younger generations need to wake up and see the climate agenda for what it actually is. Don't be a useful idiot.

The issue around climate change is that it is not testable in a double blind way (there is no earth without humans).

we have a forecast problem and there are two types of forecast wrong ones and really wrong ones. Models are getting better as they are able to check and refine them, also we learn more about interactions within the environment. Humans impact the environment in negative ways. The question is to what degree and at what point does it begin to impact humanity on a broad scale. There is evidence that some people are already getting impacted, but not everyone is