• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Clip ons clip ons clip ons!!!

Most of the time, you don’t need the menu in view. You just need to be ABLE to have it in view.

So, for instance, if you were using a Vortex 1-10, you could see the whole menu when needed to adjust settings, but crank up to higher power for observing and shooting your target.

Thus, you’re not “using a 1 or 2 power scope”, you’re using a scope that can go DOWN to 1 or 2 when necessary.
I understand what you are saying about you only need to run 1 or 2 power when you are adjusting settings BUT we are talking Long Range thermal that works with most people's long range guns. We need to utilize our reticle for hold overs and wind calls. Most long range guns are not set up with a vortex 1-10 or a NF 1-8. They at a minimum are running a 3.6-18 all the way up to 7-35. "Theon/EOtech" says there thermal can run up 10 or 12 power easily. Well you might be able to look through it but you have to take the unit off to get all your settings correct for a good image. That sucks as your conditions are always changing and you need as good of an image as possible if you are going to shoot long range with thermal. You have to know what exactly your pulling the trigger on. When you say it works with 10 power I expect to be able to run a 5 power scope at least on that thermal without having any problems or concerns seeing the entire screen.

I understand what you are saying about you only need to run 1 or 2 power when you are adjusting settings BUT we are talking Long Range thermal that works with most people's long range guns. We need to utilize our reticle for hold overs and wind calls. Most long range guns are not set up with a vortex 1-10 or a NF 1-8. They at a minimum are running a 3.6-18 all the way up to 7-35. "Theon/EOtech" says there thermal can run up 10 or 12 power easily. Well you might be able to look through it but you have to take the unit off to get all your settings correct for a good image. That sucks as your conditions are always changing and you need as good of an image as possible if you are going to shoot long range with thermal. You have to know what exactly your pulling the trigger on. When you say it works with 10 power I expect to be able to run a 5 power scope at least on that thermal without having any problems or concerns seeing the entire screen.

You're not going to run that high of magnification anyway so something with a 2-3x low end would be fine and should allow you to see the menus but that will probably vary depending on the menu arrangement of the individual clip-on. This is a yoter at around 2.5x.

20220108_185306.jpg

Unless this was done as a sort of "floating menu" where the position and size could be adjusted by the user if necessary, I can see this causing more serious issues such as cluttering up exactly where your reticle is. With the 13G, the menu moved to the centerish of the screen when you put it in clip-on mode so you could still see it at ~4x but it was still just out of the way enough so as to not interfere w/ aiming. Once you advanced the day optic magnification beyond 4x it started disappearing. With the fancy clip-ons capable of use with high magnifications that are being purchased by the government, I'm guessing this problem has been solved. That said, there is intentionally a dearth of information on them out there.

INOD will cost close to if not a bit more then 100k.
Army/ navy pays 45-55k (depending on branch) but that’s because they order thousands of them at a time.

You fellas wanting cooled devices shouldve bought my Flir Hiss when ya had the chance! Lol 😆
Wrong and wrong.

Sorry to derail if I do.

Downrange how much better or how would you compare utcxii to inod or flir hiss ?
Is it like a vortex viper vs ZCO/tangent theta ?

I have the utcxii and love it just more curiosity because I doubt I would be able to own the other 2.

Thanks ahead of time 👊🏻

Reactions: JRAY6
But will individual military and LEO'S be able to buy them, like wilcox and steiner allow for individual military and LEO sales of there FP DBALs but L3 doesn't (unless you are a 18Z with the gold card).
I suspect it will require a LAW letter or Military purchase through GOV means GSA or other.

...He never did shady business....
You should just stop... I hope he is getting things figured out, but dude did not have his 💩 together leading up to being banned.

How about something better for $5k less ...... ;)
So with shot show underway are we close to the rest of the story on that comment?!
Or did I miss it some where along the way?...

Wondering if it has to do with the Voodoo M? But I don't know if that's the $5k discount mentioned above. The M won't ship to uncle @TheHorta until April or so

Reactions: TheHorta
When the C35 drops, I will do a head to head comparison with the Yoter-c 640 that I have had for about 9 months. Yoter-c is awesome outside of nickel and diming you for mounting options and accessories, and no instructions with the unit. I am very excited for the higher end units to drop as well. Exciting time for clip on lovers.
Instructions attached, sure you probably have them by now but just in case you don't.

Attachments

• Super_Yoter_C_IM.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 674
Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
I'm in Europe. The best I've seen are from Pulsar and Leica.

I have the Krypton and the smaller Proton around. The Leica Sight is gone now. It's good but the Krypon is better.
People think the Leica Sight clip-on is as good as the Leica View (monocular), but there's a huge difference.
My friend rang steel at 900 meters with the Krypton. I only manged 500 meters so far.

Swarovski will soon release theirs, but I hoenstly don't understand how they're going to survive looking at the specs (low) and price (highest). But their aim was to make is as simple as possible, or they ran out or R&D money and pitched it.

and because I could

I'm in Europe. The best I've seen are from Pulsar and Leica.

I have the Krypton and the smaller Proton around. The Leica Sight is gone now. It's good but the Krypon is better.
People think the Leica Sight clip-on is as good as the Leica View (monocular), but there's a huge difference.
My friend rang steel at 900 meters with the Krypton. I only manged 500 meters so far.

Swarovski will soon release theirs, but I hoenstly don't understand how they're going to survive looking at the specs (low) and price (highest). But their aim was to make is as simple as possible, or they ran out or R&D money and pitched it.

and because I could

I think the Krypton will be great value for the money here in the US. That seems like a great pick.

A friend sent me this video. Pulsar Krypton vs. 3x Wild Boar on a Golf course. (NSFW)

Note: The Tikka T3x TAC A1 and Schmidt & Bender is just an example of what it could look like, and not the actual rifle used in this video. It is a Remington 700.

A friend sent me this video. Pulsar Krypton vs. 3x Wild Boar on a Golf course. (NSFW)

Note: The Tikka T3x TAC A1 and Schmidt & Bender is just an example of what it could look like, and not the actual rifle used in this video. It is a Remington 700.

Dang… I’m not trying to claim that I’ve always had perfect accuracy when blasting hogs, but that looked like less than 100 yards with three pretty poor shot placements. Yeesh.

Am I a weenie for thinking that? I usually try to aim for their noggin if am able as I hunt in the swamp and need DRT shots as to not lose the pig.

Am I a weenie for thinking that? I usually try to aim for their noggin if am able as I hunt in the swamp and need DRT shots as to not lose the pig.

I'd say some of that is to be expected with a 308 Win sometimes. Let's look at the image quality instead of talking shot placement and mess this thread up. Last pig could have been a little better, but the Golf course looks better now ;) Cheers

Reactions: WhereNow&How
3. Pulsar Krypton
In a perfect world they would have a body mount like everyone else but these euro models are always built to hang off of the objective for some reason.

The legislation in Europe differs from country to country and can be very different. From illegal to free to hunting wild boar only.
In Germany clip ons are ok, but anything with crosshairs in ganz verboten.

I think it is due to the fact that hunting with AR rifles or even rifles with Picatinny rail (at least extended ones) are forbidden or very rare. And most of these brands are made for civilians, so they want to stay away from the tactical/military look, or it will be regulated ASAP.

I'm thinking there will quite a few options in 2022 to chose from.

The Pulsar clip ons I've tried had no POI shifts, and I tried that extensively over many types of rifles and setups.
A clip on sized in-between the Krypton and the Proton would have been nice - we're never happy!

Reactions: mikefraz
Cost on these (ELR included) will be very competitive with current offerings. Not really my information to disclose but the prices I've seen are exciting

ETA: can't type

Reactions: GreenMushroom
Here is EOTech’s release regarding the Theon units about to hit the market.
The Theons were in the original post by DRT, but then he said "stay tuned...there is more ill add soon. Including a potential UTC replacement" at the end. I thought that meant there was some other UTC killer yet to be revealed. The Theon LR unit looks nice but the spec sheet doesn't make it seem like it's going to topple the UTC...?

Reactions: stefan73
DRT had posted pictures through the LR 75mm variant, I was speculating that the ELR 100mm would be the UTC competitor. That being said I'd love to be wrong as that would mean even more options. The Theon spec sheet mentions both a 50mk and 40mk sensitivities. Will both be imported? A 100mm 40mk clip on with a good prism would make my TigIr worry about being traded off.

If I remember correctly, the 50/75mm Theon clipons are 17um and the ELR has a funky 83mm objective, but is 12um and has a 5.5° FOV.

That sounds awesome! The spec sheet i saw mentions a 100mm 17micron unit. What you described sounds even better, and has a slightly smaller FOV than even the UTCx. Now I'll be anxiously awaiting more information and pictures. A 12 um like that (not in the spec sheet) would explain all the hush hush coy secrecy.

That sounds awesome! The spec sheet i saw mentions a 100mm 17micron unit. What you described sounds even better, and has a slightly smaller FOV than even the UTCx. Now I'll be anxiously awaiting more information and pictures. A 12 um like that (not in the spec sheet) would explain all the hush hush coy secrecy.

I could have a faulty memory. 😁

It doesn’t need to topple, just compete favorably. A truly collimatwd UTC-Xii equivalent for $12K new is ballin’.
If its performance is equivalent to the UTC-Xii for $10-12k and it is prism collimated, I would be excited about that.

Reactions: TheHorta