• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Clip slotting for M40 base on M700

Scout since I am referred to as a FoC (im assuming Friend of Chad) can you elaborate as to why you resurrected a year old thread to bait Chad into "did the customer know you were doing this"? You are stirring the pot just as much as anyone else involved. Now if the rifle that Magua has did indeed have all those problems, it would be nothing short of right to replace it and if it was spec'd as a USMC build I am in agreeance there as well. But you seem to not let Magua stand on his feet and you are doing his talking for him.

Last Response. . .

I stated earlier (after my rant) that "it" was my last response. Intelligent questions have been asked, so I will attempt to kill this once and for all.

First, a primer:

My business has gotten big. Bigger than I ever envisioned. Growth is never easy or cheap. Any fellow business owners out there will immediately identify with that statement. I'm not a Donald Trump. Just a guy who likes to build bang sticks. No, this isn't a sympathy ploy. It simply means I'm learning stuff as I go.

This place started with just me. ME and 700 square feet of shop. (Now were 4200 square feet and I need to knock a wall down to the other suite for the 3K that's over there. All this in 5 years. ) Kalli didn't work here yet. Neither did anyone else. Phones, PM's, Emails, and walk ins all ground progress to an abrupt halt. So, when it became evident that more bodies were needed here, slowly I added staff. Hiring people is a war of attrition. So far my rate has been hire/lose 2 for every one that works out. Some leave because its not for them, others on shitty terms. It is what it is. I don't hold animosity towards any former employees of LRI.

I'm stating all this because I'm thick skulled and slow to respond to demand. It's intimidating enough to put your sack on the table as a business owner. Hiring people, the added responsibility, etc makes it that much more daunting. I was raised to think in terms of a dollar. I've had to grow from that and begin to think in terms of tens of thousands now. It's not easy don't let anyone fool you.

It's for these reasons phone calls get missed and communication has taken a back seat at times. The bills due each month demand that I keep grinding, churning, and making sure the wolves get their meal.

None this ultimately matters to anyone other than me and the guy who feels like he got short changed. I don't offer this as an excuse. It's just the truth. Sniper's Hide has been extremely good to us. Over 90% of our business originates from this site. It's the only site I patron. I tried LR Hunting and it was a joke. I got 3 sales for my subscription.

It's for these reasons I'm attempting to explain this. Because of what this crowd has done for my company, your owed this much.

Now down to brass tacks. To the guy that got his action all phukked up:

I'm very sorry I never responded to your attempts to contact me. I honestly don't recall seeing anything from you. I'm NOT saying you didn't. I'm simply stating that I missed seeing it. See above /\ as to why.

IF you feel so compelled. Contact me (Kalli will more than likely answer as I'm on the floor with the guys almost all day) and I will attempt to make this right. However you'd like to proceed. I'd call you but this was so long ago that I don't even remember your name. It's beyond my ability to forensically search a client list that's grown to over 15K names.

I've installed a number of clip slotted bases since this thread began. I don't recall any of them requiring such brute force to install in the receiver. I DO strive for a slip fit as that is the whole intent. Ensuring the thing doesn't move under recoil or from a tumble.

That said, it ultimately doesn't matter. Your not happy, I get that.

Please call us and we'll get this sorted out.

Chad.

PS. The photos here weren't deleted as anything related to this. I am in the middle of a complete makeover on our website. My web designer resides in FL (anyone needing site work, feel free to contact me as this guy is AWESOME to work with.)

My pics on Photobucket number over a thousand. As I was organizing folders for the content a link got lost. This is why they are gone. Many others are too. It's not realistic for me to go back and sort through all that stuff so it is what it is.

My response to this thread was not to start a debate or demand a replacement for my Receiver and parts because i know that would never happen !

I posted in another thread and gave someone advice as far as who they should send their rifle to for a USMC Spec M40A3 Mod and i was drawn into this thread .

Everything i said about my rifle and parts are true . M40A3 Spec parts are not that easy to obtain and they are not cheap.

I have had a 100 times worse stuff happen to me .. I don't let anything or anyone give me ulcers or make me lose sleep.

So let's end this !

My response to this thread was not to start a debate or demand a replacement for my Receiver and parts because i know that would never happen !

I posted in another thread and gave someone advice as far as who they should send their rifle to for a USMC Spec M40A3 Mod and i was drawn into this thread .

Everything i said about my rifle and parts are true . M40A3 Spec parts are not that easy to obtain and they are not cheap.

I have had a 100 times worse stuff happen to me .. I don't let anything or anyone give me ulcers or make me lose sleep.

So let's end this !

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but you just got an open invitation from Chad letting you know he'd be willing to at least try and get you squared away. I have no idea if that's possible or if it will work out, but if I were in your shoes and was unhappy with the finished product I received from him, I would at least give him a call. It can't hurt can it?.... I'm sure you have at least $2-4k sunk into this project, that alone would motivate me to at least contact him. Just saying, what do you have to lose?....

I'd commented earlier about the idea on how Chad did Maguas receiver before details came out. It was different and I thought a good idea. If I'm not looking for a spec replica / clone M40A* receiver but a spin on the typical then it's fair game, it's custom. But this is my opinion and only regarding the idea of changing up the "usual" not a spec build.

I have a receiver at the house and am interested in having similar machining done to accommodate a Badger Ord 306-06UX lugged scope rail. I sent Chad a PM inquiring on this but haven't heard back yet, not a big deal, I'll email next then call as a last resort. Being downrange can make things a pain in the ass with time zone differences. But I do understand busy people.

I'm certainly not on a bandwagon for either side, the pot stirrers or the fan boys. I'm just interested in the custom concept, doing something different. Some builders try things that others don't, some ideas work, some don't and in the process not everyone will like or agree and some people get their butts hurt.