• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Closed emitter rds acro p2 vs 509t x2

bohica17

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Canal Winchester Ohio
I took my rmr type 2 off my gen 5 mos 19 and put it on my franchi affinity 3 for turkey (great setup fyi) need to replace the rmr on the Glock. Want to try closed emitter. Been down the rabbit hole of the acro p2 and 509t x2 YouTube, google, Reddit, etc. Anyone on here had both or shot both? Yes I know holo is Chinese. Other part of me is hoping for the rmr type 2’s to become discounted with the new rmr coming out. So any experience would be greatly appreciated. The reticle option of the 509 is what’s really making this a hard decision. If it was just straight up dot I think I’d go acro. Picture wise the 509 has better fov. But that is just pictures on google. I haven’t held either. Thanks.

I went with the 509. It works fine. Reticle is fine. For shooting targets I like the dot (wish it was larger tho). For shooting meat the circle dot works better.

I’d like the 509 a whole lot better if it had a 6moa center dot. Even 4 moa would be an improvement for my use.

FYI, my revolver with the 509 is used fairly roughly. It rides the tractor and come along for woodcutting. Always in an open to holster exposed to whatever environmental conditions. No troubles with the sight.

Reactions: bohica17