• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMP 40X range report 50 & 100 yards

95LTZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2003
Ft. Pierce, Fl
I got this 40X from Don in SC a couple of months ago. I had Robert Gradous of Gradous Rifles bed it, install a Jewell trigger & bore the I.D. of the tuner to fit the Hvy bbl. These targets were my best effort on this day of shooting the 40X off a Rempel bipod, NF 12-42 BR with old Federal UM1 ammo.
08-08-2010085124AM4.jpg

08-08-2010085124AM3.jpg

08-08-2010085124AM2.jpg

08-08-2010085124AM.jpg

Re: CMP 40X range report 50 & 100 yards

Those targets look very strangely familiar. Oh, I know why that's my signature on the bottom below yours. You've got no reason not to beat me at the RF shoots now. Shoot me an Email when you’re up to another trip to Elberton. I've got to go sometime this week to work a load the 6BR for Saturday.

Donald

on the subject of cmp 40x...is it worth it to buy the barreled reciever w/ no trigger or stock if i plan on just modifying the gun right off?

Not really. You’re looking at 300 plus shipping on the barrel Action, 200 Plus on the bolt assembly, but then you’re not guaranteed it will headspace, 100 to 200 plus for a good trigger, well over 100 for the small parts like trigger guard, bolt stop, ejector/loading ramp, side filler piece for the left side rail cut out, pins and springs. I'm assuming you plan on replacing the stock so I'll not count that. I'd look for a good condition used rifle that works and start from there.

Donald

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on the subject of cmp 40x...is it worth it to buy the barreled reciever w/ no trigger or stock if i plan on just modifying the gun right off? </div></div>

Darn it!! You guys are killing me with these beautiful 40X rimfire rifles and all the talk of their wonders! The last thing I need is another 22lr, but I have seen several of these come available lately and the notion of owning one is starting to get to me.

Congrats on a fine rifle and some equally fine shooting, 95LTZ!

Nice shooting, Glad to see you learned some basics at Parris Island. I quess it is time to get serious, you done got good.
Semper Fi my Friend.

Thanks for the kind words. Every blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. Don in SC is still the man, but I am working on getting to his level.
Semper Fi

Acorns want cut it. You got to root deep for Truffles to catch the good stuff. See you Thursday at Elberton. Posting some more ammo tests in the thread I started a few weeks back.

Donald