• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coin shortage, my ass.

You want to see a deer in the headlights look? Say after tax your it $17.34, you give cashier, you give them $22.66...lol
Haven't tried that, but do like to give them a quarter after they've rung up an item that costs say $19.23 and they have a 20 in hand with the register showing 77c change back. It's like the world has fallen apart to figure out that I'm owed $1.02

I phoned in an order to a nearby Chinese restaurant last night. When I arrived all the tables were labeled no indoor dining. The kitchen is behind the counter and from left to right was a wall of plastic. (I should have gotten a picture). They had a sign that if cash was paid they would not make change. Use credit card or exact change. I paid cash and included my tip in it. They thanked me and dumped the money into a box on the floor. Tax free since no receipt was given. Good for them.

Just so I understand because apparently I'm fucking retarded.

I can go into my local Harley dealer and throw a $50 bill on the floor, get on any Harley and start it up and drive away. And when the police arrive, I just tell them I paid for it?

Fucking awesome. I'm headed to the dealership now.

You're so fucking retarded, it's retarded. 🙄

During this coin pandemic I have noticed that occasionally there might be a pre-64 silver coin in there, not this clad shit, in the change handed back to me.
Enough times that I am always on the lookout for them.
I don't know where they are coming from but wonder if it is not from the Old Farts living on fixed incomes cleaning out the jars and boxes they kept change in over the years but need that money now with prices being the way they are? and they saved that for "A rainy day," and it is raining now with no moisture coming from the air.

Just about 5% of every dollar you spend no matter if it's plastic, paper, or coin, is split between the retailer an CC company's. The fucking% will grow when cash/coin are gone. Then just like china they can cut your ass off for saying/doing anything they don't like. The weak, & lazy, of the world have brought this about an the general public/sheep just eats it up like candy,... Love the looks on peoples faces when they can't buy shit when the power or Sats are down, or when their plastic is turned off,....laughing

Last edited:
Reactions: oneshot86
Just so I understand because apparently I'm fucking retarded.

I can go into my local Harley dealer and throw a $50 bill on the floor, get on any Harley and start it up and drive away. And when the police arrive, I just tell them I paid for it?

Fucking awesome. I'm headed to the dealership now.

You're so fucking retarded, it's retarded. 🙄

So you're trying to build a straw man. Tell me again why you like killing babies.

As a little update the grocery stores around here all have signs posted saying you can pay in cash but any small change will be added back to your account in the form of a credit towards your next purchase, or you can have it given to a charity of their choice.

I would also be a bit cautious about being all gung ho about demanding that everybody has to take cash or else & such because may possibly realize one day you made the noose they will hang you with. You want the federal government to have a precedent that they can dictate exactly what you must accept as payment... backed up of course by "just following orders" at gunpoint???

When the day comes and you are trying to tell folks that their wheelbarrow worth of "cash" isn't worth the paper it's printed on and come back with commodities / silver / gold to purchase your stuff at. Or when they show up with the new government "Social Credit" chits and you don't want to take those but now you are forced to.

You would be a lot better off simply suggesting that if they won't take cash, you take your business elsewhere.
Also you can purchase debit/credit cards in cash if you have to have one for some transaction.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I’m wondering if a mark on the hand or forehead may be a rfid chip.
can we please stop this back and forth bickering over weather or not your a thief for opening a soda in the store?.
Ive lived long enough to see it done both ways.
I just went to anchorage (my 3 hour away big city) and every store had the sign out talking of a change shortage as well as a mask requirement. All three stores I went in took my cash and gave me change while not saying a thing about no mask.
Not to fuel the fire but in my small town ao one store in particular still turns the pump on for you which creates a environment that one would be able to leave cash for their “debit”. I’ve been through enough shortages and disasters to know that stores can often do what they want reguardless of law. I’ve also had cops that couldn’t lawfully arrest me just take me in for disorderly or once I was taken for a p.i while sober. Lets get back to debating stuff that matters like how many accessories can you put on a at before its fagged out?

From petty theft to federal offence.

I'm figuring popo lets the soda guzzler walk, not that it's ok it's just not worth the trouble.

A felony firearms charge is gona get them to prosecute.
It would also be a federal offence to commit armed robbery like you alluded to a few posts back.

So how about posting up those cases you claimed were real where storekeepers and security were prosecuted for protecting their property from thieves and trespassers. I am also from Houston and have been here since 92 so I keep up with local events and know several past DAs. One of which was known for shaking the hands of property owners who shot thieves dead.

Dont whine when you get a bullet in the back for theft in Texas. A debt has a contract that both party's have to consent to entering.

BS . it is theft and if you tried that BS here, you would get a bullet for your trouble. You do not get to choose how to trade, the owner of the goods sets the terms. If you dont like it, hit the road. Your attitude is not that of a Freedom Loving American since you want to force your views on others.

Is there a minimum dollar amount needed before you can shoot somebody in the back as they exit your store?

Asking for a friend.

No. Not at all. I'm applying your logic you fucking retard.

What you're describing will be considered Grand Theft due to the difference in price. Additionally, you failed to fill out the proper paperwork so the vehicle can be registered.

So, sounds like you've never work law enforcement nor have you worked retail. Times of change Cocksucker, the turds now no more than the police, the typical attorney, the DA, the judge.

Start at your States Supreme court documents dot-dot-dot it'll open your eyes as to how fucked up things I've got.

Last edited:
Is there a minimum dollar amount needed before you can shoot somebody in the back as they exit your store?

Asking for a friend.

You'll have to check your state laws. Some states theft is not considered a deadly threat and there's not a whole lot you can do. It's gotten to be where you get the police report and then claim it on your insurance.

You'll have to check your state laws. Some states theft is not considered a deadly threat and there's not a whole lot you can do. It's gotten to be where you get the police report and then claim it on your insurance.

Seriously? There are states where it is legal to shoot somebody in the back as they exit your store with stolen property?

Seriously? There are states where it is legal to shoot somebody in the back as they exit your store with stolen property?
It is legal in Texas to shoot someone rummaging around in your car at night. Or stealing your weedeater from your garage. There are several cases I know of where a thug tried to rob a liquor store and grabbed some booze running to the door and got a bullet for their troubles, No Bill for the store owner. Dont want to get shot, dont be a thief.

• Love
Reactions: Foul Mike
It's going to be a barter system. You want your yard mowed? 2 chickens. Defund the fed.

Reactions: Blutroop
During this coin pandemic I have noticed that occasionally there might be a pre-64 silver coin in there, not this clad shit, in the change handed back to me.
Enough times that I am always on the lookout for them.
I don't know where they are coming from but wonder if it is not from the Old Farts living on fixed incomes cleaning out the jars and boxes they kept change in over the years but need that money now with prices being the way they are? and they saved that for "A rainy day," and it is raining now with no moisture coming from the air.

Working in retail you would be surprised the coins you see come through. I have a bunch of walking liberty silver dollars, mercury dimes, buffalo nickels, wheat pennies, and silver coins. I was about to toss, what I thought was a canadian penny one day, I looked at it and it was 1902 indian head penny near mint. I have seen some gold and silver standard bills also. I would open drawer, I would pick up the change and drop it back in the tray. You can usually hear it if there is silver in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: wh20crazy
It would also be a federal offence to commit armed robbery like you alluded to a few posts back.

So how about posting up those cases you claimed were real where storekeepers and security were prosecuted for protecting their property from thieves and trespassers. I am also from Houston and have been here since 92 so I keep up with local events and know several past DAs. One of which was known for shaking the hands of property owners who shot thieves dead.

You need to revisit the posts and figure out why you quoted me.

I'm not part of the bullshit arguing over colas vs firearms being stolen.

I was pointing out the stupidity of this bickering.

Reactions: Blutroop
Son in law just texted me. His boss (restaurant owner) wants to buy some change. I'm thinking 5% above face value. What do you think?

I never use cash...what is the problem with paying with plastic?
Plastic is great for the user. > 1. ) you never have to worry about doing the math in your head. 2) As long as you pay the balance off before the end of the cycle,No Fees . 3,) Even if you don't have the money right now,you can always make that purchase using your card. > Not so good for the retailer. It cost me to accept CC payment. I offer discounts for cash payment because of that. In my opinion , the people using the plastic should pay all of the associated fees to use , Not the retailer for accepting them. But hey , until you own and operate your own business , you probably won't understand. The system is flawed.

In my opinion , the people using the plastic should pay all of the associated fees to use , Not the retailer for accepting them. But hey , until you own and operate your own business , you probably won't understand. The system is flawed.

The users already pay the fees, or at least usually.
Most business have already included that 3% markup in their product pricing.

Plastic is great for the user. > 1. ) you never have to worry about doing the math in your head.

I bet a lot of folks would have a lot more savings if they only used cash.
For a lot of people it's spend and forget how much things add up till the bill comes at the end of the month.

The real reason for the coin shortage...

Attachments

• 689740773805694212.jpg
    689740773805694212.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 54
I'm going to auction off my coin hoard. I've been saving coins for 20 years. I probably have $5000 or more. A 10% premium for the buyer's fee should work too. Who wants to start the bidding????

j/k shipping would add another 30% to the cost.

If you pay in cash, Kroger’s grocery store is rounding you final price up to the nearest dollar, and keeping the change. They’re frikking stealing it from you. They say they’re donating it to charity, but it’s still stealing.

• Angry
Reactions: ehess60 and Jscb1b
If you pay in cash, Kroger’s grocery store is rounding you final price up to the nearest dollar, and keeping the change. They’re frikking stealing it from you. They say they’re donating it to charity, but it’s still stealing.

I would tell them to round it DOWN as a reward to me for being their customer.

If they disagreed, I would leave it sitting on the counter . . . and walk out.

McDonald's (I know, but that is not what we are talking about here.) tried to do that to me the other day . . . for their "Ronald McDonald's House" . Although that might be a worthy cause, it is their idea so they - or someone else - can pay the utility bill.

That is the say it works in the "S**** L******* House".

Son in law just texted me. His boss (restaurant owner) wants to buy some change. I'm thinking 5% above face value. What do you think?

Take food in trade for markup.
Everybody happy.

Kroger just tried to keep the change on my groceries (put it on my rewards card) BULLSH!T.

I'd just leave all their shit setting there an walk out,... Here at some places that don't have change they are rounding down to the whole dollar. Those that are not taking an cash say their business is off from 22-48% That is a hugh hit for a small business.

Since I've worked in this industry from a couple sides, seen numbers around it and seen common retailer myths promulgated:

Checks are not free to accept. Lots of manual work to handle them, slows down the line, etc.

Cash is not free to accept. Slows down the line again. Mistakes happen when now throw everything into disarray. You need to count it at the end of shift, end of day, transport it or hire someone to transport it, etc.

Cards, are competitive in pricing per transaction, come out WAY ahead in the real world (on average, depends on business type) as they are faster so no one abandons lines, and they increase the number of items bought, and impulse buys.

There's a movement to require businesses to accept cash because of the unbanked and underbanked (mostly poor folks, and I am sure a few of you all) who have no bank account or high fees, limited access, so rely on cash. So you can expect cities and states to pass more must-accept-cash legislation.

They could easily get their taxes if they make the motherfuckers that don’t pay any actually have to give something. You know like only 50% of the country works and frankly we are tired of being taxed to death. How about they figure shit out instead of arbitrarily raising taxes. Nobody gets to go to their employer and say, hey my bills have gone up so I need more money. They have to figure out how to make it work. Everytime the Feds or someone need more money they raise taxes and the little man is the one that always pays the prices. Companies don’t care because they’ll either get some kind of tax relief, take benefits away or lower pay or some combination of the 3 to make up the difference. Same goes for people selling shit. Anyone that believes product prices are not adjusted based on taxes or extra costs associated with said product is an idiot. Trust me, the gov can do whatever they want, but big companies will always get their money. The little guy or the individual is always the ones that pay the price. Everyone else gets their money.

I realize some of that other 50% is kids or people that can’t work but you get what I mean. I’d like to know how many able people are not working...
Quote so everyone can read that again.

.gov needs to get a fucking budget and stop buying stupid shit with our money.

Cards, are competitive in pricing per transaction, come out WAY ahead in the real world (on average, depends on business type) as they are faster so no one abandons lines, and they increase the number of items bought, and impulse buys.

Deal with enough customers that read on the interwebz how they can get "free stuff" by doing chargebacks on stuff they purchased, and Cash quickly becomes a lot more interesting.

Do large orders where that 3% adds up to big numbers and suddenly credit cards are not looking so great.

For some smaller stuff, yes credit cards are very convenient.

Reactions: shoobe01
And no automatic withholding out of your check, make everyone write a check for the tax’s every pay period so the dumb MFr’s realize how much the gov is taking to give to the lazy

Quote so everyone can read that again too.

Withholding was a giant win for .gov. Stupid mfers don’t think it is their money when it is already gone from their pay

Since I've worked in this industry from a couple sides, seen numbers around it and seen common retailer myths promulgated:

Checks are not free to accept. Lots of manual work to handle them, slows down the line, etc.

Cash is not free to accept. Slows down the line again. Mistakes happen when now throw everything into disarray. You need to count it at the end of shift, end of day, transport it or hire someone to transport it, etc.

There's a movement to require businesses to accept cash because of the unbanked and underbanked (mostly poor folks, and I am sure a few of you all) who have no bank account or high fees, limited access, so rely on cash. So you can expect cities and states to pass more must-accept-cash legislation.
I'm working both sides too...

1. If your issue is the person accepting the check is slow and slowing down the line... You have a training and management problem.

2. Cash, flight checks... If you got an issue it's is your management and training processes. The time it takes to manage the funds after the shift and go back and forth to the bank... It's built-in to the pricing structure it's called overhead..

If you can't have the bank come to you to get money... You have a problem with your management negotiating the contract with the bank.

Credit cards are actually a huge problem... Tremendous risk / liability with regard to theft. People buy online and use fake cards all the time to make regular retail purchases. Much harder to do that with cash.

Can't disagree with you at all in regards to the cash movement for poor or illegals. And small town USA cash is King.

No, they are not. You have a choice to shop there or to use their preferred form of payment. They dont OWE you jack shit.

I'm working both sides too...

1. If your issue is the person accepting the check is slow and slowing down the line... You have a training and management problem.

2. Cash, flight checks... If you got an issue it's is your management and training processes. The time it takes to manage the funds after the shift and go back and forth to the bank... It's built-in to the pricing structure it's called overhead..

If you can't have the bank come to you to get money... You have a problem with your management negotiating the contract with the bank.

Credit cards are actually a huge problem... Tremendous risk / liability with regard to theft. People buy online and use fake cards all the time to make regular retail purchases. Much harder to do that with cash.

Can't disagree with you at all in regards to the cash movement for poor or illegals. And small town USA cash is King.

Banks charge retailers to deposit checks and they charge to process cash. And no, cards are not a huge liability for a retailer if they verify the id.

How about a retailer charge you a 3.5% fee to accept your cash since you can not be bothered to present their preferred form of payment.

Reactions: shoobe01
And no, cards are not a huge liability for a retailer if they verify the id.

Good luck thinking that way.....
Due to the fact that we have very tight policies to minimize stolen credit card fraud, most of the fraud we see these days is the actual card holder deciding why bother paying for what I bought, let's try to get it for free, since there is no punishment for lying and worse case scenario we just have to actually pay for what we bought, or using credit card fraud as a way to essentially get free rentals of stuff for as long as they want to use it for.

Or as my LGS told me the story, guy pays for an ID required transaction, and such, but still has the balls to try to tell his CC company it wasn't him.

Now if you have done all your records and such correct, as a retailer, you'll probably either be okay or have minimal losses (Still that returned bar of soap instead of an expensive item happens), BUT the time and effort required to properly resolve a chargeback so as not to get stuck with it can often be over an hour or more.

Banks charge retailers to deposit checks and they charge to process cash. And no, cards are not a huge liability for a retailer if they verify the id.

How about a retailer charge you a 3.5% fee to accept your cash since you can not be bothered to present their preferred form of payment.
Very cool... It seems you have no real world experience in retail and may have just read a couple of books.

All fees you speak up or part of your overhead just like power, water, sewage, trash, Insurance... Do I need to go on?

Reactions: deersniper
Very cool... It seems you have no real world experience in retail and may have just read a couple of books.

All fees you speak up or part of your overhead just like power, water, sewage, trash, Insurance... Do I need to go on?
Fucktard, overhead gets passed on to the customer just like loss from theft and insurance costs. Unlike you, I actually own businesses and deal with commercial banking. You are a selfish ass who seems to think others owe you something.

Most "People" view CC's the same way the gov looks at the national debt,...it's just numbers.

^^^^^^^
This.

I see it most every day. People want to refi their house and pay off their credit cards.

Now, they have a 30 year note on a 'Happy Meal' they crapped down the sewer lines days ago.

But hey, it is good for (my) business.

I asked for a discount for paying cash for my last rifle. Salesman said no. I'm thinking he just cost his boss some $$. I whipped out the card and charged it. If he'd offered the 3%, I'd have paid cash. Their loss.
20200717_152401.jpg

Fucktard, overhead gets passed on to the customer just like loss from theft and insurance costs. Unlike you, I actually own businesses and deal with commercial banking. You are a selfish ass who seems to think others owe you something.
So you just proved me correct regarding overhead. Additionally, you proved my point regarding management and training.

How is it that I believe somebody owes me something?

You seem to think overhead costs are just absorbed by the company and no big deal. Overhead costs kill a company and are always something to reduce if you want your company to be successful. Management and training have nothing to do with cost charged to process cash payment. So are you prepared to pay more due to overhead costs associated with your desired form of payment ? You willing to pay a service fee to use cash if they do not want to accept it ? And you feel that a business owner OWES you the convenience of accepting cash if they do not want to handle cash as you have stated.

BTW, did you dig up those cases of a store owner being prosecuted for defending themselves from a thief ? Still waiting on you to post up proof of your claims.

Last edited: