• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Cold day in November.

vonbalkenbush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Got some snow shooting in early yesterday.

Temp: 28 F
Elev: 6,475 ft

It was breezy and freezing. Don't know what the wind chill was, but is pretty dang cold. We were shooting steel from 500-900 yds, conditions were very challenging with intermittent snow flurries and light fog.

700 SA
McMillan A-3
25" Krieger
Premier 5-25x56

155 Scenars in front of XBR 8208. Really like that powder as I've now been able to shoot in temps from 25F-105F, it's great stuff.

-SBS

Re: Cold day in November.

A bit warm but other than that it looks like perfect shooting conditions
grin.gif

Looks like fun!

Temperature is relative based on what you are used to, Lil-Rambo. Down here, a warm summer day is "only" 40 degrees C (104 F). Snow camped in Finland once and was a little chilly at -30C (-22F)!

A bit warm indeed LOL!
wink.gif
Shooting location is in the Sierra Nevada mountains about an hour outside of Reno, NV. Yes, it was lot's of fun, haven't been shooting in those conditions for some time, good experience for sure.

hey sage brother! my toes are still defrosting I think. ugh! bad boots...bad boots.

had a hoot though. and never again will I look outside and say it's not a good day for shooting. just some days more challenging than others
smile.gif

I miss shooting when it's that cold. Hell, I miss being in the cold period. I live in Yuma, AZ...we won't be seeing snow here for a while I imagine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sagebrush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey sage brother! my toes are still defrosting I think. ugh! bad boots...bad boots.

had a hoot though. and never again will I look outside and say it's not a good day for shooting. just some days more challenging than others
smile.gif

</div></div>

It was a blast buddy, thanks for hauling out with me on such short notice. I knew if I could find anyone to go it would be you. Who says it's not shooting weather LOL!
grin.gif

You're an excellent photographer BTW, my wife enjoyed the other pics a bunch. Good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Playerz1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">XBR 8208 powder? Never heard of it but sounds great. </div></div>

IMR 8208 XBR, look into it. It's great in the .308 and .223

Also a very accurate & popular powder in benchrest shooting........surprise!! It's not expensive....xray9

What xray said... It's one of the most accurate powders I've ever shot. Low SD's and ES's as well as exceptional velocity over all temperature ranges. Like I said, great stuff.

Good to see I'm not the only one who shoots steel in the snow, good to see that the cold don't bother you.