• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Coleman's Creek Seniors-Only Match 07-May-2023

DownhillFromHere

Aim > Impact > Take a Nap
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2017
I've read posts from a number of SH members, especially older ones, that they would love to shoot PRS-style matches but the physical requirements are an impediment or outright showstopper. Coleman's Creek Long Range Shooting Center near Ellerbe, NC is hosting its second seniors-only match on 07-May-2023. Here's the Practiscore description:
"This Match is designed to accommodate the "wiser crowd", 50+ years of age, who will be competing against like-minded individuals. The stages will not be very dynamic but will reward accuracy, ability to call winds, and solid fundamentals. ...There will be no prone off the ground stages in this match to accommodate neck problems commonly seen in the local area."

As far as I'm aware, CC has been the only venue in the region to offer anything like this... at least one other said they would, but I see no sign that it's happening. I've always said that calling a 50-year-old a "senior" is like calling an 18-year-old an adult, but I personally don't care about the age piece of this thing - just that there is more emphasis on marksmanship than "rifle yoga" ability.

If you're age 50+ and close enough, come on out. Only 15 people showed up for the inaugural match last fall, so I'm surprised they're trying it again. Write down the date so you don't forget 😉, and/or go to Practiscore to register.

Best wishes for your match. Powerline in Eastern Ohio is doing something similar but with rimfire.

Reactions: DownhillFromHere