• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Come on turkey season..

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
It is still a long way off, but I just got the fever when I looked out my window, and there, almost in my carport was two hens and 13 younguns. Beautiful birds.
Some of them will surely survive til spring!!

Re: Come on turkey season..

Spring came too early in West Tennessee. I found eggs the second week of turkey season and only heard a half dozen gobbles all season as opposed to last year where everyone was tagged out within the first 6 days. Hopefully winter will last until around late March this coming season.

Calling turkey in the spring is really fun and tests your calling skills but if you haven't hunted fall turkey, you should give it a try.

Different set of skills needed and you can always mix it up by trying a new habitat or even public land.

Public land presents it's own challenges with all the traffic

I am with you! I always have turkey fever, and am anxiously looking forward to the next season as soon as the present one ends.

Centerfire1 - I agree, the winter needs to last longer. These short or mild winters are throwing the birds into early breeding season. I have seen the effect in several states. By the time the season(s) start, the birds have already been strutting for weeks, and are all quiet (for the most part). It definitely adds a degree of challenge to get them talking and strutting to within range.

Fall turkey hunting with a good turkey dog doesn't get much better.