• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys **Coming Soon** CZ 455/457 Custom GM 22LR Barrel Group Buy

My 609 came in today and I glued it up in a few minutes, now to wait for it to cure. Unfortunately the forecast shows it will be up to 101 degrees in FL over the weekend and I'm too old to shoot in that mess. Hopefully the forecast is wrong.

Reactions: padom
My 609 came in today and I glued it up in a few minutes, now to wait for it to cure. Unfortunately the forecast shows it will be up to 101 degrees in FL over the weekend and I'm too old to shoot in that mess. Hopefully the forecast is wrong.

Looking forward to seeing everyones results while I heal up. Hope to be back at the bench soon

Last edited:
Here's the last of the group buy barrels being finished up. All barrels will be done today or tomorrow. Enjoy guys and be sure to post up your results

Thanks for the update .... spent more time this week looking for the on the way email than I have spent getting stuff done.

Phew ... just got notified they are on the way. Can finally get back to work ....

I was able to get out today in miserable 95 degree, slightly windy weather. Like an idiot I forgot my Center X but did test CCI, SK Pistol Match, Eley Edge and Lapua Pistol King. I was not pleased with the Eley, but that's nothing new. I was most surprised with the SK.

Edit to add: all shooting was done at 50yds off of a machine rest, free recoil with almost zero pressure on the rifle. Easy enough to do with BScar's trigger set at 6 ounces. Previously, the rifle always shot better with a tight hold but I wanted to remove as many variables as possible. Next time I'll test Center X, SK, more CCI and some Norma Match.

IMG_20190525_081322502.jpg

IMG_20190524_175739261.jpg

IMG_20190524_200520827.jpg

Last edited:
Barrels and actions arrived yesterday. The barrel work looks absolutely exceptional! Thanks Padom for putting this GB together. Wishing you a speedy recovery brother.

Reactions: padom and A-Rob
I was able to get out today in miserable 95 degree, slightly windy weather. Like an idiot I forgot my Center X but did test CCI, SK Pistol Match, Eley Edge and Lapua Pistol King. I was not pleased with the Eley, but that's nothing new. I was most surprised with the SK.

Edit to add: all shooting was done at 50yds off of a machine rest, free recoil with almost zero pressure on the rifle. Easy enough to do with BScar's trigger set at 6 ounces. Previously, the rifle always shot better with a tight hold but I wanted to remove as many variables as possible. Next time I'll test Center X, SK, more CCI and some Norma Match.

View attachment 7083599

View attachment 7083356

View attachment 7083389

Looking good. What was your shooting procedure? Did you clean the barrel or pull a bore snake through between switching ammo?

How many rounds did you put through the barrel before starting to shoot groups?

Reactions: BScar
Looking good. What was your shooting procedure? Did you clean the barrel or pull a bore snake through between switching ammo?

How many rounds did you put through the barrel before starting to shoot groups?

Dry patch to start then I just shot. The CCI was for warm up, 1 30rd group. Next time around I'll pull a patch and shoot some foulers before switching over but I was in a heat induced rush yesterday. I also plan on shooting a couple of 25 bull benchrest targets when I figure out the best ammo. After 500 rounds I'll deep clean it including checking for a carbon ring, shoot some foulers then put it through it's paces. I'm also eager to see how it shoots with a normal hold and not free recoil.

Edit to add: I found a free shipping deal so I've got some Lapua X-Act, SK Long Range, RWS R50 and SK Flatnose Match on the way. I'm really curious to see how the X-Act shoots.

Last edited:
My receiver came in Fri and the bbl showed up on Sat. I got the threaded option and the seamless protector is just that, invisible, excellent machine work! Thanks for getting this group buy together, Padom! It’ll be awhile before I can get everything together and tested. Anxiously looking forward to shooting this combo. Took the Vudoo out today to play in a smallbore match ... that V22 is a laser. Shot 798/800 w/60x. That was with SK rifle match. Hoping for stiff competition from the CZ Green Mtn bbl combo!

Reactions: A-Rob
Lets hope that this barrel for my 457 was smithed by someone other than the guy that ran the laser.....

What always amazes me is why people choose to not contact the manufacturer or me who you bought them from when you had an issue to have it resolved instead of posting on the internet as your first reaction....

This is a super easy fix

Reactions: Codiekfx400
Padom,
Chill bud. I was trying to be funny. Obviously a Fail on my part. The barrels will be cerakoted, which of course includes blasting. It matters not to me in the least. The Funny part is having Accuracy laid out backwards.....in case you were wondering.

Nobody has been out shooting those new barrels? Where's all the targets?? lol

I'm hoping to get out some more this weekend, but there's about 100% chance of rain today. I've got some R-50 and X-Act just sitting around waiting. I'd also like to see some more groups.

The weather was too bad to get out and shoot. I have a new 10-40 benchrest scope coming in this week so I can really test things out this weekend, as long as I can get a calm and dry day.

I had range trip #2 today. Using the 6x5 target, Lapua X-Act averaged .270 and Center X averaged .291. the X-Act had one flyer that opened that group to .395. R-50 was all over the place, ranging from clover leafs to shotgun blast groups. It was 86 degrees and humidity felt like 500%.

I used a Athlon Argos 10-40 bench rest scope this time, set at 32x. The fine reticle on that scope really helps. I think a tuner, like a PRX III could get averages in the low .2's or better. I've also got to open the forend tip on my chassis a hair. A dollar bill slides freely at the tip but that's it. Its specs say it can take a max .900 barrel so I'm really pushing it. Not sure if barrel vibration causes contact or not so I need to test that.

IMG_20190622_131943291.jpg

IMG_20190622_131953488.jpg

IMG_20190622_091349485.jpg

Last edited:
I got out today to do some shooting. Had a 7mph wind with frequent 15mph gusts. Not the best day for shooting 22lr groups but oh well. Cant wait for a calm day!

Decided to test with Center-X and SK Pistol Match Special today at 50yd and 100yd with Harris bipod with rear bag from the bench. Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30

50yd Targets

Reactions: A-Rob
And here's 5x5's with both the same ammo @ 100yds. This thing has serious potential to shoot some tight ass groups at 100yds if I can get out on a calm day. It was really stacking rounds between gusts on some of those groups.

Ill run another one if I get enough people. Right now I have 3 that are in. Need 12 more. It will be at least 3 months if I do another one. Oct/Nov.

Reactions: reubenski
Small update. I ordered a JNL PRXIII tuner and hopefully I'll be able to get out and test it in a few weeks.

On the keystone barrels are we able to get the threads cut to .400 with the seamless thread protector?