• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Comparable powder to IMR3031...that feeds better

LawDog101

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
IMR 3031 has really worked well in my shorty FAL. I am getting 2500 fps with 145gr FMJ. Problem is that the IMR will not feed through my powder drop, even with fish pump/vibrator running. The stick is just too long.

Any advice on a short stick or ball powder that is comparable...

LD

Re: Comparable powder to IMR3031...that feeds better

Benchmark or H322. I like H322 myself. Great in 5.56 and 308. Benchmark is right next to 3031 in the chart, and it is a finer cut. H322 is very fine cut almost a ball powder. Very predictable and doesn't jump up on you pressure wise.

Varget or the new reloader AR-COMP stuff are what I would try. H335, AA2460 or IMR8208 work well but not as temp stable at least for me.

If you want cheap powder get some milsurp WC846 especially if just blasting rounds that is all you will need.

I'm going to throw this up knowing many might disagree. I've have a Hornady LNL powder measure that can be pretty finicky with longer stick powders. For both .308 and 5.56 Ramshot TAC has proven good results. In the .308 I get up to 2600 fps out of a 20" barrel. I'd rather not post weight as it's a touch higher than book but I've worked there slowly and I don't think I'd run it in a lighter contour semi.

some one please post the picture of the battery operated boy freind taped to the powder drop please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">some one please post the picture of the battery operated boy freind taped to the powder drop please </div></div>

If it's blue , we will know it's name is Dillon...

Banchmark and the new IMR 8208XBR (it is an ADI powder and flows as well as Benchmark).