• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

comparrison article

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
Has anyone seen an article comparing the various rounds that can be used in the AR15 type platform? I have seen a number of articles talking about the individual rounds, and occasionally mentioning a couple of rounds, but what I would like to find is an article comparing the most popular rounds for that size platform:

5.56x45
5.45x39
7.62x39
6x45
300 AAC Blackout
6x38 (Grendel necked down to 6mm)
6.5 Grendel (6.5x38) 6.5 CSS/6.5LBC and so on
6.8 SPC

It would be interesting to see how they compare in a head to head shooting dealing with accuracy, downrange energy, recoil impulse (for shot to shot recovery), powder use efficiency, brass and barrel lifespan if possible.

I'm a fan of the Grendel, but realize there are lots of really neat alternatives that will also get the job done. I would just like to find out the benefits, and problems of each round.

Re: comparrison article

I would like to see this comparison also. My preference would be the Grendel for long range shooting, 5.56/223 for plinking (or a 22LR AR) and a 6.8 for < 400yrds hunting

I would like to see some comparisons too. I'm leaning towards building a 6x45 AR for Coyotes. I already have 6mm bullets for my 6mm-Rem and a ton of once fired 223 brass.
I'll have to look into 6x45 uppers

Love it when they make it easy to save to your hard drive for future reference.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Thank you for posting.</span>

I am new to .308W, Is the 7.65x51 NATO and .308W for all intents and purposes the same?

I ask because I have been told they are and want confirmation and .308 was not included in the write up.