• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Compass Lake -- Can;t reach them>

les_garten

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
I am having trouble reaching them to buy a Krieger or Bartlein barrel for a build.

Left emails, contact messages and called at different times of the day. They don't answer the phone

Is there a secret handshake or something? Backdoor phone number? Call somebody who knows somebody, whose related to somebody?

Been trying for a couple weeks now.

Does anybody know their lead times on 16" AR Krieger or Bartlein Recce barrels?

Reactions: simonp
I feel like there was a similar thread started in the last 2-4 weeks, may try a search and see if I am right.

Either way Good luck and keep us posted, tempted to pick up a Krieger for a build myself.

I just put in an order for a Bartlein
So you got ahold of CLE??

I texted Paul today and he's hasn't gotten back to me either, so I'm guessing thier flat out busy at the moment getting ready for Camp Perry. Normal wait times if they have the barrel blank in stock is around 8-10 weeks.

Reactions: les_garten
I ordered 3 barrels 5/8 online. They don't tell you till after the the order is placed... 12-16 weeks lead time till delivery. No personal contact. The more popular the barrel maker, the longer the lead time. I've had 2 barrels on order with Krieger since 9/22. Lead time was 14 months. Patiently waiting. They are worth the wait. 2 of the barrels on order with Compass Lake are Krieger. 1 Bartlein. I won't panic and or report fraud till after 16 weeks. Pretty sure they will deliver. They have been solid since the '90's. No reason to think otherwise.

Sadly everything has changed. It takes Seekins 1-2 weeks to answer emails. They have had my 6 ARC DMR rifle for warranty repair for a week and a half. No communication. Tried calling today... voicemail only no response. Thanks to the criminals all in on the great reset, it is the "new normal." No one wants to work. Good companies can't find anyone that wants to or will work.

So you got ahold of CLE??

I texted Paul today and he's hasn't gotten back to me either, so I'm guessing thier flat out busy at the moment getting ready for Camp Perry. Normal wait times if they have the barrel blank in stock is around 8-10 weeks.

No, I just said screw it and ordered online.

I could not order a 300BLK from Craddock. So needed to find something and ordered this: Wilson Combat

It was on sale for $172 and I added armor tuff.

Anybody know the quality of that barrel?

I could not order a 300BLK from Craddock. So needed to find something and ordered this: Wilson Combat

It was on sale for $172 and I added armor tuff.

Anybody know the quality of that barrel?
Let's hope its better than this one.

Do the spin up AR10/LR308 barrels?
Can you send in an uncontoured straight barrel blank in to them?…
Or do you have to buy a blank from them?
Thanks

Reactions: les_garten
I ordered a custom counter Bartlien for a large frame. Spoke to customer service and the machinist. No issues getting in contact with them, nor ordering.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Ordered a dougless cle 1:8 mk12 w/ matched bolt. lead time was 10 weeks got in about 10 days. This was about a week ago I received it

Seriously!?

Just the fact that you're even contemplating reporting Compass Lake for Fraud! if your order goes past the ESTIMATED wait times makes you a POS!
This has to be a joke.
Way to take things out of context guys. Is this the Bear Pit? You forgot the part where I said: "They have been solid since the '90's. No reason to think otherwise." If I'm willing to wait 14 months on Kriegers, what makes you jump to the conclusion I would not give CL the benefit of doubt without contacting them? If they didn't answer the phone or emails as the OP experienced, that's another story. And the reason for that part of my comment. I had too much tequila last night. What's your excuse?

Reactions: wade2big
Way to take things out of context guys. Is this the Bear Pit? You forgot the part where I said: "They have been solid since the '90's. No reason to think otherwise." If I'm willing to wait 14 months on Kriegers, what makes you jump to the conclusion I would not give CL the benefit of doubt without contacting them? If they didn't answer the phone or emails as the OP experienced, that's another story. And the reason for that part of my comment. I had too much tequila last night. What's your excuse?
I quoted the part that included most of the context. I didn't have to jump to any conclusions, said direct quote covered it.

I ordered a complete Upper from them in April, my FFL's credit card was charged in May.
In June I checked my order and it was showed as "failed" so my FFL emailed them with the credit card bill and order details to prove It had placed it in April.
They told me my April's order was canceled but the May order is ok, but there is no May's order just the April's order, so I lost one month in the line...
:cautious:

My latest CLE order was 3/09 and received it 6/29, that was to cut it not a ready to ship barrel. I added to cerakote it which added a little time to it also. Never had an issue talking to them when I would call.

My latest CLE order was 3/09 and received it 6/29, that was to cut it not a ready to ship barrel. I added to cerakote it which added a little time to it also. Never had an issue talking to them when I would call.
They set 10-12 weeks time frame to ship it when I ordered so it should be shipped this week, but I lost 4 weeks now.

The Daniel Defense set 6 months to send me two rifles.
When the time frame has been expired I called them to ask about it and they told me I had already received the rifles...
I asked the payment proof and the shipping tracking number...
So after a long ping pong they told me they lost my order.
So how they fixed the problem?
They send me back to the end of the line again, I lost my interest and passed the rifles to a friend.

Last edited: