• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Completed: CZ452V Trainer (Results Up)

shooterman_zero17

WTB: The OG Shoutbox
Minuteman
  • Aug 16, 2007
    The Dirty South
    After chasing UPS around town and finding where my stock was being held captive, this is what happened:
    grin.gif

Picture1871Large.jpg

The SS 3-9x will be replaced with a Bushnell 10x mil/mil and lower rings. Its on there for gratuity. I hacked one coil off the trigger spring, and ground down the engagement tab, going by what 762 described in an earlier thread. Pull weight? No clue but it feels fantastic. It has zero creep, and doesn't slam fire. Thanks to Manners & crew, they're the best.

Re: Completed: CZ452V Trainer

Looks good, I hope my Manners will show up next week. I have the same rifle.

That is pretty good looking. No why is everyone getting the same floor installed that I have in my basement?

I have a Savage TRR-SR extensively reworked, not bad but still not happy. I'm picking up a CZ453 22LR Varmint today, awaiting deliver Manners T4, ordered Hawke 8-32x56 and Burris Zee rings, DIP upgrades.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conaso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Savage TRR-SR extensively reworked, not bad but still not happy. I'm picking up a CZ453 22LR Varmint today, awaiting deliver Manners T4, ordered Hawke 8-32x56 and Burris Zee rings, DIP upgrades. </div></div>

That's a mighty big scope for a 22. Any particular reason?

thats real NICE , I would be interested in the lenght of the barrel thats covered by the forearm of the stock , ie distance from the front of the action to the point on the barrel that the forearm of the stock finishes at .

Cheers Chris

Thanks guys. Range reports will go up in here too. Before and after bedding, etcetc...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">distance from the front of the action to the point on the barrel that the forearm of the stock finishes at . </div></div>

My measuring stick says 12.5". That's with the Varmints' 21" barrel as well. Which, measures less than 20" from the front of the action to muzzle.

Nope, no reason. Since it's a Varmint rifle shooting off bipod or bench, why not? Won't be carrying it.

Cant wait for my Manners to get done... Yours looks nice. I think im going to replace my facon 4-14 with a Vortex 4-16 FFP PST.

But it seems like the 3-9 SS HD would be nice as well. I have one of those and it is pretty decent glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait for my Manners to get done... Yours looks nice. I think im going to replace my facon 4-14 with a Vortex 4-16 FFP PST.

But it seems like the 3-9 SS HD would be nice as well. I have one of those and it is pretty decent glass. </div></div>

I crunched the numbers and decided that having 10x mil/mil on both my rifles and have money left over to finish another project was more worthwhile than having just one scope going between 3 rifles. I would really like a 4-16 mil/mil Viper PST for this rifle. It's on my list. Or if a higher variable from SWFA comes out before then. Regardless, I'm more than happy with it, can't wait to shoot it, and having the 10x on there will keep weight down too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait for my Manners to get done... Yours looks nice. I think im going to replace my facon 4-14 with a Vortex 4-16 FFP PST.

But it seems like the 3-9 SS HD would be nice as well. I have one of those and it is pretty decent glass. </div></div>

my setup is a 452 varmint, 4-16 pst ffp/moa, rifle basix trigger, diy canted base, and soon to be manners stock. i cant wait on the stock and already love that scope

I couldn't stand it anymore. I had 15 rounds of SK Rifle Match and after such a good range day the other day, I figured "I'll deal with taller rings and crappy cheekweld to get out and shoot this rifle."

I shot SK Rifle Match and some bulk Federal 550 count from Walmart just because I had some with me. The Federal is awesome for chasing golfballs and jugs around at 100 yards.

These groups are from 100 yards.

This is a clean bore group with the SK. I say "clean" because after this, about 30 rounds of Fed was shot and fouled the barrel up a bit. This was the group:

CZ_1.jpg

This being the dirty bore group with the SK:

CZ_2.jpg

And this being the group with the cheap bulk Fed ala Walmart:

CZ_3.jpg

My conclusion is this. For plinking, the bulk Fed is awesome. For punching groups, the SK is just about on par with the Remington Eley Target Rifle ammo I've used before. I also conclude this rifle is awesome. I love it more now than before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">30 rounds of fed did that with sk match on ur second pic ?</div></div>

This rifle always seems to be sensitive to that. Whenever I take a couple boxes of Match stuff with me, I wind up cleaning once or twice with a boresnake and it remedies the issue.

My 452V preferred the SK Standard to about 15 other "cheap" match and standard velocity loads I tried. The CCI Standard Velocity came in a close second which is dirt cheap for plinking.

Why not keep the 3-9 swfa on it? I considered moving to that optic to compliment my 5-20x50hd on my long range rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bp78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 452V preferred the SK Standard to about 15 other "cheap" match and standard velocity loads I tried. The CCI Standard Velocity came in a close second which is dirt cheap for plinking.

Why not keep the 3-9 swfa on it? I considered moving to that optic to compliment my 5-20x50hd on my long range rifle. </div></div>

Noted on the SK comment. I'll keep that in mind. I might order another 50 rounds to shoot and do a back to back comparison. And I decided to sell the SS and pick up 2 of the 10x Bushy mil/mils and finish my AR. I'm glad I went with that idea, as I'm really happy with the repeatability of the little Bushnell. I swapped it between 3 rifles and swapped zeros a couple times and it came right back each time.

I've got to get me one of these rifles for a trainer . You guys post some amazing groups with them .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rschev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got to get me one of these rifles for a trainer . You guys post some amazing groups with them . </div></div>

there is an awesome one for sale in the px

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rschev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got to get me one of these rifles for a trainer . You guys post some amazing groups with them . </div></div>

there is an awesome one for sale in the px </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up , tough to say no to . Working up a build now so funds are a little tight at this moment . Still eying the release of the new trainer in the Manners stock . I don't expect that to last long , and not a bad optic for a rimfire . GLWS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a_bishop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is an awesome one for sale in the px </div></div>

so keep it on there and not my thread, thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">30 rounds of fed did that with sk match on ur second pic ?</div></div>

This rifle always seems to be sensitive to that. Whenever I take a couple boxes of Match stuff with me, I wind up cleaning once or twice with a boresnake and it remedies the issue.</div></div>

Thanks for this. I'll have to give it a try. I just ordered a 454 to give it a whirl since you had me inspired with this post and its potential. Are you planning any other changes ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks for this. I'll have to give it a try. I just ordered a 454 to give it a whirl since you had me inspired with this post and its potential. Are you planning any other changes ? </div></div>

I've had other dudes counter that and say that it takes them several strings of fire to get their tries to return to a healthy grouping, when using a boresnake. I usually get back to an inch or so after 5 rounds or so. When it really opens up to about 2"+ I'll run it through once and leave it at that. I don't want to strip EVERYTHING out, but usually it's pretty funky looking by then.

I'm going to bed it when I can, the rear tang and the front of the action (to keep it destressed) and then the barrel screw area. My thinking behind it...if I bed it in only the 2 points where it torques down, and not the front of the action, that might cause undue stress on the front of the action and cause weird things to happen. I'm thinking a small pad at the action-end of the barrel and a dab where the action sits itself. That and a fatter bolt knob. Maybe thread it if I want to get a can.

From today. 100 yards. Shooting from prone, with Remington Eley Target Rifle.
    Target7.jpg

Target8.jpg

Target9.jpg

Target10.jpg

Target11.jpg

Image 1 was after I realized that I had a mil of wind in my zero. I resolved that and punched those 4. I put the better of the groups up. The majority of them measured around 1.3" to 1.5". The other group one in image 1 had a flier, which was me. Images 4 and 5 represent, again, the majority of the groups. The group in image 4 was with the strongest wind while I was shooting the 452V. Choppy full value, about 5 to 10 mph.

Finally got dedicated glass installed. Yanked my cheap walmart weaver low rings from another rifle in a zen moment. Has a few millimeters, if that, of objective clearance.

Up next, probably going to drop some change on bedding and maybe replace the trigger and rework it again. Had a couple dry slam fires. Hopefully will get in on the SWFA group buy when it opens up, get a 12x MRAD and some nice rings. Also drop a rail section in up front for my Atlas.