• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Comrade Walz redirects Memorial Day

Then fuck him too.

Between this and Whitney Houston, the act of flying the flag at half staff is losing its meaning.
100% agree. I am a vet and when I celebrate memorial day, I honor the previous Vets. They truly had a shit sandwich to eat. We thought we had it bad in iraq and Afghanistan, however that pales in comparison to our previous wars.

This is what it should look like. Just like they do every single year. They have a 200' crane out there this year also.

I was grateful enough to be able to do something like this in Luxembourg last Thanksgiving. We did this with an organization called Wreaths Across America. We placed 5000 wreaths on the American cemetery located there. Same one where Patton is buried at. It was very humbling to say the very least. There was about 30 of us volunteers there that helped.

I moved across the river last fall after retiring. Not that the Wisconsin governor is any better, but this shit pisses me off. At least I can find a bar to sit down and have a beer this weekend.

If you moved across the river from the Twin Cities, then downtown New Richmond is a fantastic place to find that barstool.

Reactions: Joel Danielson
If you moved across the river from the Twin Cities, then downtown New Richmond is a fantastic place to find that barstool.
I agree about New Richmond. I moved a bit north as well. Gotta keep the only 1000 yard range in Minnesota within an hour. Lodi is too damn far for weekly practice sessions. Closest town to me is Webster. At least 6 bars between me and town that all have decent beers on tap. Brickfield Brewery in Grantsburg has a couple good beers to get a growler filled up as well.

I agree about New Richmond. I moved a bit north as well. Gotta keep the only 1000 yard range in Minnesota within an hour. Lodi is too damn far for weekly practice sessions. Closest town to me is Webster. At least 6 bars between me and town that all have decent beers on tap. Brickfield Brewery in Grantsburg has a couple good beers to get a growler filled up as well.

With all the corn fields I would've figured that you could have a 1000yd range pretty much anywhere you pointed your rifle.

The missus graduated from HS in New Richmond and we were there last year for her reunion. I thought it was beautiful, but she says that the area you're in is way prettier.

• Haha
With all the corn fields I would've figured that you could have a 1000yd range pretty much anywhere you pointed your rifle.

The missus graduated from HS in New Richmond and we were there last year for her reunion. I thought it was beautiful, but she says that the area you're in is way prettier.
Not many cornfields here...it's all lakes and woods. Had a fisher walk across my deck and circle the house two days ago. I've seen a few while deer hunting, but never had one stare me down from about 10 feet away at my house. I have a sow and three cubs hanging out, as well as lawn mowers (some call them deer) keeping grass and plants at the proper height. Can't say I miss the city at all....

I was just in Grantsburg yesterday. Now I know where to stop for next time.

I was just in Grantsburg yesterday. Now I know where to stop for next time.
PM me when you are coming through next time and I'll meet you there. They have a milk stout that I usually get a growler of for the house. Decent lager that will have a pint of whenever I'm done shooting at the gun club they have in town. I'm a member, so we can always shoot as well.

This is the results of the last 20 years of everyone getting a participation trophy. It minimizes our real fallen hero's and it's disgusting.

Yes Rush Lake which is an awesome range and hosts the best matches.

I saw this in the grocery store today and though I'm not a veteran, my father was. Frankly, this action pisses me off that we are now elevating everything to a half-staff moment. As somebody mentioned, all folks who have served and especially those lost in combat should be honored. The people who have seen combat have lifelong scars that nothing can truly fix. To elevate COVID victims to this is frankly beyond the pale.

Furthermore, as also was mentioned, imagine the horrors of wars prior, before medicine was good, before we were the overwhelming superior force (it's bad enough as it is now). Those men didn't see their families in some cases for years and there were no telephones, only censured letters. The people back home also were all-in on the effort. Saving gas, bacon grease, whatever was called for to beat the enemy. So now....dying of a virus (let's assume it's somewhat natural) is now worthy of being lumped in with Memorial Day? Bollocks!!!!!!!!!

100% agree. I am a vet and when I celebrate memorial day, I honor the previous Vets. They truly had a shit sandwich to eat. We thought we had it bad in iraq and Afghanistan, however that pales in comparison to our previous wars.
This is true. We'd go out in rotations anywhere from 60 to 179 days, usually had at least a cot to go back to, MREs, you know what I am saying. In WWII or Korea, look what those guys endured. And they were there for years at a time. WWI was even worse for conditions.
We could go on for a while discussing how things are better for us. Point is a good one.

Yes Rush Lake which is an awesome range and hosts the best matches.
I heard a couple years ago that a guy somewhere over there was trying to get a range built. What kind of matches are being held there? I shoot F-class, and know they are not in the mix for any of our matches. Harris has the only 1000 yard range that is used for NRA hi-power matches in Mn. Duluth, Elk River and Red Wing are the only mid-range locations as well. Red Wing hosted a PRS match at their club last year I think. Not sure what's happening anymore with all the covid BS going on.

The below is what my grandfather got for his action at Meuse Argonne and the second battle of Ypres. He was wounded in action.

20190314_171351.jpg

You ever been stuck in Lodi? .... again? 😁

• Haha