• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Concealed or semi concealed carry options for backpacking

I just carry my old H&R 929 .22 in my shoulder bag, pack basket or backpack. During any particular hunting season I only have my rifle or shotgun with me.

I carry my g19 in a kenai chest rig while humping around ID, WA, MT, and OR. Depending how far north/remote I go, I’ll carry a mossberg 590 and/or bear spray. I sometimes get “looks” on trails, but I’d bet money those are CA transplants, and CA transplants aren’t people.

Reactions: atomic41
Seems like a lot of people like them. Especially the belt pack. Fanny packs seems to scream "I'm carrying, and I'm old" lol. I qualify for old so I guess I should reconsider them.
I love my belt back and literally never wear it around my waist. I wear it cross body.

HPG is the best option I’ve tried. Took me a while to convince myself to buy their Original kit bag, but once I did and used it I was sold. I’ve got 6 different kit bags of theirs now all set up for different uses. Incredibly versatile and so convenient for carrying. I’ve got 4 years or so with my original and it’s still in great shape.

2A64153D-53EE-4771-AB4F-B7935A183D4A.jpeg

Reactions: xsn10s
I love my belt back and literally never wear it around my waist. I wear it cross body.

HPG is the best option I’ve tried. Took me a while to convince myself to buy their Original kit bag, but once I did and used it I was sold. I’ve got 6 different kit bags of theirs now all set up for different uses. Incredibly versatile and so convenient for carrying. I’ve got 4 years or so with my original and it’s still in great shape.

View attachment 7946021
I could carry two revolvers in there and then a couple of J frames in my pockets. A modern day version of Josey Wales!! ;) Thanks for the tip. I might have to get one of those HPG bags and add a J frame to my collection.

Reactions: godofthunder
HPG chest rig, or one of the chest bino harness rig like FHF gear. I use an Alaska Guide Creations bino harness to carry a g19.

That was my first thought, my AGC Bino harness would work great. Could be easily made to clip into the shoulder straps instead of using the harness.