• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Cool photo at the BMT lab.

Re: Cool photo at the BMT lab.

The armour is tested to standards required by the customer. Military or who ever. It depends on the class of armour, what is fired at it. Its all about the safety of the end user. This has been a growth industry over the last ten years as you can imagine.
This lab is working towards developing a large, 6000fps impact load to test fragmentation damage. Now that will be impressive.
The path of the projectile shows up due to the camera settings used.

Cool picture!

I test body armor in-house for a manufacturer here in the States. We've got a 50BMG barrel for our universal receivers, but have never used it.
We recently moved into a new facility and our new ranges should be built up enough for us to break it out. I can't wait.

That receiver mount looks pretty high tech.

CHRIS

Thats neat- They are using a milling machine base for the set up. HMMM? Thinking about using a milling table for zeroing and checking tracking etc?

That's the baddest mill I've even seen! Wonder if the power feed is still hooked up.

That is pretty cool!!!
wink.gif

Tony