• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cool vid to Vietnam era Marine Sniper

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
This is from a friend of mine, Ed Kugler - wrote the book "Dead Center" - posted on his FB tonight.
The video is done by a young Marine after reading his book "Dead Center"...

Very cool vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rdPnuhn9Jw&feature=player_embedded#!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rdPnuhn9Jw&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rdPnuhn9Jw&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Cool vid to Vietnam era Marine Sniper

Great video. The music is awesome and never gets old

Giving this a monday morning bump
smile.gif

Great video. For those who have not read it, "Dead Center" is an awesome book. Makes me want to pull it off the shelf an read it again. Thanks for the vid.

Pretty cool to look back at that.

Good bit of history.

As usaual Pisstain Pete shows his ignorance.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please tell me what is so great about it ? from the title of this topic, i expected to see some gooks heads blasted to hell. </div></div>

Great vid . I'll have to pick up his book , i've passed it up a couple times on the shelf .

Awesome vid! The music score and voice-over added more significance to the movie. I like the "rubber-bitch" part - it's funny as heck.

And to those who expect to see "heads getting blown-off or something" - remember this, what happens behind the trigger is just as important, if not, more important than what is actually happening on the other end of the barrel of a rifle. Knowing and understanding the mental and emotional state of a Marine or a soldier is important. The things they do after action, garrison life, to help cope or deal after a mission or engagement - or to just plainly goofing-off to kill time.

I have read Dead Center, twice already, I got my copy when I was in Oki. A must read-book for anybody. I will definitely look for Ed Kugler via FB now, maybe I can get my book signed!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please tell me what is so great about it ? from the title of this topic, i expected to see some gooks heads blasted to hell. </div></div>

You need help..

That review is kind of lame. I know Ed, although not in person we talk frequently. I have no doubt about his honor.

He doesn't go into too much detail, that wasn't the point of the book, we even spoke about the writing of the book since he recommended a publisher for MY book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please tell me what is so great about it ? from the title of this topic, i expected to see some gooks heads blasted to hell. </div></div>

You need help.. </div></div>+1....The real shit ain't HALO.

you bet i need help, help in trying to understand the mentality of some posters here, they seem to be so enamored with "The author seems to know very little..." the preceding quote is taken from the review that USAFDoug posted!!

yes...!! i am ignorant, but you are stupid
grin.gif

PistonPete I've spoke with the author many times now. He's a stand up guy, but every author has someone that calls BS on him.

I can say after all of the email conversations, FB postings etc that if Ed said it happened it happened.
smile.gif

He's a Vietnam Veteran and I respect that. I just have this place for our Vietnam Veterans...

never heard the first song before...Whats it called??

Found it it's called "The Warrior Song" just in case anyone wants to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PistonPete I've spoke with the author many times now. He's a stand up guy, but every author has someone that calls BS on him.

I can say after all of the email conversations, FB postings etc that if Ed said it happened it happened.
smile.gif

He's a Vietnam Veteran and I respect that. I just have this place for our Vietnam Veterans... </div></div>

thank you sir for standing up for and defending us VN Vets, we never got our "parade", not that we ever wanted a "physical parade", just the recognition that we done our job and done it to the best of our ability under the constraints placed on us